DB Joel Essenburg Trinity Christian

DB Steven Gunter Coalfield

P Clay Fowler Jackson Christian

Coach: Brian Stewart Jackson Christian

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JCS Linebackers Seth Doyle and Trey Mangrum take a back seat to no one on that list.

Congrats to Coach Stewart and his entire staff.

Boo-Hoo. Get over it. You obviously never saw Chris Tuck play. Its funny.....Ive never heard either of the names you mentioned, but Ive heard Tuck, Mitchell, Davis, McGowan, Leamon and Smith all season long. Im sure those two you mention are good, but to say they are better than anyone else, well I would expect that from you. Have fun in 2a. Where you belong. ;)

Congrats to all the players who made this team. You all deserve it. :thumb:

Edited by GreenMan

Boo-Hoo. Get over it. You obviously never saw Chris Tuck play. Its funny.....Ive never heard either of the names you mentioned, but Ive heard Tuck, Mitchell, Davis, McGowan, Leamon and Smith all season long. Im sure those two you mention are good, but to say they are better than anyone else, well I would expect that from you. Have fun in 2a. Where you belong. ;)

Easy dude, I wasn't whining. We're proud to have three, and no one ever heard of them either until JCS won a gold ball. Read my post again, I didnt say they were better than anyone on the list. I said they don't take a back seat. The reason I mentioned them at all is that those two are the heart of a team defense that pretty much shut down five very good 1A offenses in the playoffs.

Edited by Gocart

Hey Green-with-envy-Man. Instead of doing away with the competition, try getting better.

Old Pirate says NO ONE should pay MUCH attention to the sports writers allstate team!!!!

Old Pirate says the all state teams have become way to watered down. Most voters only time spent on the field was taking photos and writing for the school paper. Old Pirate says it should be "SNOOZE TIME" when it comes to this selection. Old Pirate does NOT mean to put down kids,but the voters for the most part are a JOKE!

Edited by OLD PIRATE

Old Pirate says NO ONE should pay attention to the sports writers allstate team!!!!

Old Pirate says the all state teams have become way to watered down. Most voters only time spent on the field was taking photos and writing for the school paper. Old Pirate says it should be "SNOOZE TIME" when it comes to this selection. Old Pirate does NOT mean to put down kids,but the voters for the most part are a JOKE!

Sorry South Pitt only got 1 player on the team, but these voters have seen A WHOLE LOT MORE football this year than you have seen the past 5, so go cry a river elsewhere.

The reason I mentioned them at all is that those two are the heart of a team defense that pretty much shut down five very good 1A offenses in the playoffs.

I admit had Doyle not missed the first 3 games due to injury, he would have easily been the leader in tackles. Doyle is leader in tackles in JCS history! Mangrum had a great season, especially in the post season. They all should have made it! Ben Cooper, Cliff Wallace, Greg Wood, Hadley and all the rest of defense were incredible all year long. But the one that did make it had pretty impressive numbers for some one on the line (i.e. not a LB or CB) being doubled up on much of the time as well as good blocking on the offensive side. It is a shame that they weren't all recognized for their contributions, we had so many. They are truly a team. They played that way and live that way.

:unsure:

Edited by MetFan