Harrison Smith

o21putt

Hey Ruse ..I agree ..would like to see HS here in Orange but I dont expect it ... your are correct the Tait kid at KC is a stud ... dont know if he is a Vol fan or not .. Hamilton played well this year ..he like alot of kids did take some plays off ..I talked with him and he was getting alot of low hits around the knees from centers and guards that he said he wanted to guard against instead of just bull rushing ..alot of times he just put his hands on lineman and then found ball and went to it .. he left the sacks mainly up to the DE's he said ... he is supposed to go to a college in Mississippi called Itawamba ... hope he gets going there and gets noticed by a good D1 school and could get some attention ... he can definately play D1 ... his speed for that size is outstanding .. against DL he was lining up in backfield and leading Rogan into the holes ..he was pounding people ... anyway good luck to Harrison ..as I said the whole KC team seemed like they were great kids ... Fulton gets a bad rap but I think they showed class this past year and have alot of good kids also .....

Tadvols. Itawamba CC is a fairly decent program. Good JUCOS in Missippi. I think they play folks like MS Delta, Northeast, Southwest MS. Watching Hammilton, it seemed like he would decide after the ball was snapped to take a play off here and there. Mostly when the play went far outside and away from him. He seemed to line up wherever he wanted to from outside eye of either Guard to head up over the Center. I think the only way some folks could slow him down was to cut him. I would rather see him play FB @ the next level. If he lost 30-40 lbs, he would be an awsome 260lb blocking FB. Don't know about his hands, but he sure seems athletic enough.

You are right about the Fulton kids getting a bad rap. I saw them play 3 times this year, and then watched them on CSS, etc. They whoop it up prior to the game on the goal post, but other than that...pretty classy bunch. I thought before the year that the best ball in this area would be played in 3A. I have usually focused more on 4A. I think 2-3A will be down a bit next year, but not much.

According to KNS, HS is leaning 60%-70% to ND. Maybe, just maybe, the 30%-40% wins out when he announces today. I don't know if the Tait kid is a ND fan either, but Cherries said he is FWIW. AT 6-3, 285, and just a Soph, seems to me like he is a pretty big fan of food though:) Come on HS, hook up with Rogan and AA...be a Vol.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:thumb: I agree on wishing Smith Happy Trails! As to Catholic they are desperatly trying to go back to D2. They just turned the paperwork in too late this past round. They are destined for 4A if they do not in 2 years. I think it would better serve Catholic program and their players of the future to stay in this region of play. They got on the map by playing the better 3A schools. The best 2 games I have seen in 05 and 06: Fulton vs. KC in the play offs.

HS=ND

GT=ND

CD=ND?

+_______

= Fire PF!

I am not a Fulmer fan either but not getting Smith and Tate is not the end of the world. Has anyone heard of a kid named Eric Berry? I believe he is pretty highly regarded as well. If I had to pick between Harrison Smith & Golden Tate vs. Eric Berry & Chris Donald(i think he is UT bound), I'll take the 2 the vols will get in that matchup. I have never understood why the really good Knoxville players wouldn't go to a school like UT when they are within rock throwing distance of the school. I guess it is the big Notre dame aura. I can tell you this, UT will beat Penn st and ND will get thumped by LSU and the 2 teams records will be the same. Good luck Harrison as I got to see you play 3 times and was impressed(Livingston) but you should have donned the orange.

I am not a Fulmer fan either but not getting Smith and Tate is not the end of the world. Has anyone heard of a kid named Eric Berry? I believe he is pretty highly regarded as well. If I had to pick between Harrison Smith & Golden Tate vs. Eric Berry & Chris Donald(i think he is UT bound), I'll take the 2 the vols will get in that matchup. I have never understood why the really good Knoxville players wouldn't go to a school like UT when they are within rock throwing distance of the school. I guess it is the big Notre dame aura. I can tell you this, UT will beat Penn st and ND will get thumped by LSU and the 2 teams records will be the same. Good luck Harrison as I got to see you play 3 times and was impressed(Livingston) but you should have donned the orange.

And don't forget Marvin Austin the number 2 player in America according to Rivals is considering UT.