Bad Coaches with Winning Records

sumnercountybball

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A coach is only as good as the schedule they play. Weak schedule means wins and keep everybody happy. Then tournaments begin and they go home quick.

Allow me to ask the question in a different way? Can coaches win with without integrity? Does anyone care about a coach that has bad people management skills but still wins?

Where are you going with this? Just a question or you have someone in mind?

No one in mind? I heard a story at a pre-season tournament about a coach that knew the x and O, but was a terrible motivator. Somehow she won, but it was frustrating to most parents. I wanted to see if others had ever experienced such.

No one in mind? I heard a story at a pre-season tournament about a coach that knew the x and O, but was a terrible motivator. Somehow she won, but it was frustrating to most parents. I wanted to see if others had ever experienced such.

Yes I have been around coaches who had a great mind for the game and excellent X's and O's. And the biggest problem was people skills. That was with players, faculty and parents etc. I think in most cases they wear out their welcome, even with wins. Now that wont happen everywhere but I would think most places it would.

It's not the coaches job to motivate the parents about the game, just fund raising.

If the Xs and Os are working and the kids are winning, the parents should work the concession stand and let the coaching staff do their job. :huh:

It's not the coaches job to motivate the parents about the game, just fund raising.

If the Xs and Os are working and the kids are winning, the parents should work the concession stand and let the coaching staff do their job. :huh:

Great point Jimbo44.

Spoken like a true coach, "You can't question me". Just give me your time and money. I can do what I want.