Openings at Hixson and Chatt. Central

FBFan2001

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish that Gump knew what he was talking about. Your old coach (Jones) was pocketing money from the program. I know because I donated some for something that never happened. Because of this, he got in trouble. To me that's not caring for the kids, it's taking from them. One of the best things he did is hire Coach Campbell as the Defensive Coordinator. This is one big reasons Central made it to the second round of the playoffs 4-5 years ago. Coach Campbell is a class act that improved the discipline of the football team once he got the job, which in my opinion, under Jones, the team had no discipline. He has also helped the school and will be missed. If you read the paper, he is not leaving because he wants to. He has to for his family, financially. Coach Campbell if you read this, you will be missed. Thanks for all you did for our school. Sorry that there are Central supporters like GUMP who don't appreciate coaches who teach kids about football and life.

I wish that Gump knew what he was talking about. Your old coach (Jones) was pocketing money from the program. I know because I donated some for something that never happened. Because of this, he got in trouble. To me that's not caring for the kids, it's taking from them. One of the best things he did is hire Coach Campbell as the Defensive Coordinator. This is one big reasons Central made it to the second round of the playoffs 4-5 years ago. Coach Campbell is a class act that improved the discipline of the football team once he got the job, which in my opinion, under Jones, the team had no discipline. He has also helped the school and will be missed. If you read the paper, he is not leaving because he wants to. He has to for his family, financially. Coach Campbell if you read this, you will be missed. Thanks for all you did for our school. Sorry that there are Central supporters like GUMP who don't appreciate coaches who teach kids about football and life.

I'm a friend of coach Jones and have little stake in this. I hate to tell you, but Coach Jones was thrown under the bus by one of your players parent. The player wasn't getting the playing time his dad thought HIS SON SHOULD GET. This dad was also a so called booster of sorts (Quarterback club or whatever). Yes Jones took the heat, but it was more of a situation of being set up. No this doesn't come from coach Jones becasue I haven't talked with him in some years, but from a coach that knows something about the program. As far as Campbell being the reason they won is crazy. Coach Jones was winning before Campbell. When Jones left the program, it fell apart and hasn't won since . I'm not bashing Campbell because I don't know why they are losing, but a discipline team doesn't go down the drain like they have. There is a reason why you lose atlhletes to surrounding schools. That is lack of winning and usually discipline.

I never stated that coach campell could not coach, all i said was that we neede a coach like our COACH. As far as the past you can believe what you want, we all now what really happened!

As far as teaching young boys to be men I can list a least 25 boys that would have never even finished high school much less graduated if it had not been for coachs influence on them. He was a teacher,coach, father figure and mentor to alot of young men wether they played or not. And best of all win lose or draw everyday he would tell us that he "Loved US" and explain why.

As a side note myself and several of the older players still commicate with coach, and his still motivates all of us. So talk whatever trash you want to belive about the past, but the truth is until we get another coach that can motivate and pull people together like coach did, Central will continue to loss, and it hurts me to say that. As coach used to say Big time players make big time plays in big time ball games, well its time for someone to step up!

I never stated that coach campell could not coach, all i said was that we neede a coach like our COACH. As far as the past you can believe what you want, we all now what really happened!

As far as teaching young boys to be men I can list a least 25 boys that would have never even finished high school much less graduated if it had not been for coachs influence on them. He was a teacher,coach, father figure and mentor to alot of young men wether they played or not. And best of all win lose or draw everyday he would tell us that he "Loved US" and explain why.

As a side note myself and several of the older players still commicate with coach, and his still motivates all of us. So talk whatever trash you want to belive about the past, but the truth is until we get another coach that can motivate and pull people together like coach did, Central will continue to loss, and it hurts me to say that. As coach used to say Big time players make big time plays in big time ball games, well its time for someone to step up!

wow! that was really original from "coach"

not quite as original as getting the girl on the couch and trying to seal the deal quote though......THAT was a CLASSIC!!!

You have some great folks in the Harrison area. We loved our 4 years in that community and my son was a member of some great football and Base Ball teams while we lived there(95-99).

High Schools change the names of their mascots all the time. Maybe a major change in needed at Central.

He would have been a part of that 2003 football team if we had stayed in the area.

However, like lots of good athelets from that area he was already getting hints by other parents to go to some of the D-II programs in the area.

Chat Central is a mess from folks I have talked to. I hate to hear that but it happens.

I hope you can find a man who can step up to the challenage!