Ladies Classic

GreeneCountyfan

First I would like to say hello to everyone on the board, i have enjoyed reading through posts on coacht for the past 6 or 8 months, and find it quite amusing.

I attended the ladies classic each day and watched every game in the tournament. The fans on here who are complaining about the officials must all be greeneville fans, because while I agree that some calls were missed...the officiating was quite consistent and fair throughout the tournament. I have been a basketball official for several years now, and fans in greene county are the worst for having this mind set, but i have spoken to fans from south greene, greeneville high, and chucky doak and they all think the same way...in their eyes they have never lost a basketball game, when they lose its the officials fault. It doesnt matter if they get beat by 40 points and have 2 fouls called on there team the whole night...its NEVER their fault its always someone elses.

I know that there are some fans out there who actually give credit where credit is due...i have spoken with many of them...but I would say that 99.9% of all the outcomes of games played are not affected by the officials...everyone blames us for their teams losing, and thats ok...they can blame whoever they want to...but if you are going to complain about officiating, then what you need to do is go register with the TSSAA and put on the shirt and whistle and go out there and give it a try...you will find out just how difficult it really is.

As officials, we dont get together before the game and decide who is going to win. We dont decide who we are going to call picky fouls on, and we dont decide who we are going to let get away with murder out there. Most of us are non-biased people who love the game of basketball and the kids that play and enjoy going out there and calling the games. I know all 3 of the officials who had the Greeneville and Lexington Catholic games, and they are all 3 great referees. As far as you who blame the officials every time your team loses go, you should realize that maybe your team isnt the best team in that game. And yes, I agree...some calls were missed...it is a lot easier to see everything when you are sitting in the stands than it is when you are out there on the floor, but when your team makes 100% of there shots, never makes a turnover, and doesnt foul anyone...and still loses...then you can blame the loss on the officials. We are human and we will miss some calls, but we also do our best out there to not make the same mistake twice. We do our best to officiate in the fairest manner possible.

For those who still want to complain...go to your local parks and rec center and ref a few ballgames...i bet you cant even call on the instructional midget level without missing calls and making someone mad...maybe then you will appreciate just how hard officials work!!!

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First I would like to say hello to everyone on the board, i have enjoyed reading through posts on coacht for the past 6 or 8 months, and find it quite amusing.

I attended the ladies classic each day and watched every game in the tournament. The fans on here who are complaining about the officials must all be greeneville fans, because while I agree that some calls were missed...the officiating was quite consistent and fair throughout the tournament. I have been a basketball official for several years now, and fans in greene county are the worst for having this mind set, but i have spoken to fans from south greene, greeneville high, and chucky doak and they all think the same way...in their eyes they have never lost a basketball game, when they lose its the officials fault. It doesnt matter if they get beat by 40 points and have 2 fouls called on there team the whole night...its NEVER their fault its always someone elses.

I know that there are some fans out there who actually give credit where credit is due...i have spoken with many of them...but I would say that 99.9% of all the outcomes of games played are not affected by the officials...everyone blames us for their teams losing, and thats ok...they can blame whoever they want to...but if you are going to complain about officiating, then what you need to do is go register with the TSSAA and put on the shirt and whistle and go out there and give it a try...you will find out just how difficult it really is.

As officials, we dont get together before the game and decide who is going to win. We dont decide who we are going to call picky fouls on, and we dont decide who we are going to let get away with murder out there. Most of us are non-biased people who love the game of basketball and the kids that play and enjoy going out there and calling the games. I know all 3 of the officials who had the Greeneville and Lexington Catholic games, and they are all 3 great referees. As far as you who blame the officials every time your team loses go, you should realize that maybe your team isnt the best team in that game. And yes, I agree...some calls were missed...it is a lot easier to see everything when you are sitting in the stands than it is when you are out there on the floor, but when your team makes 100% of there shots, never makes a turnover, and doesnt foul anyone...and still loses...then you can blame the loss on the officials. We are human and we will miss some calls, but we also do our best out there to not make the same mistake twice. We do our best to officiate in the fairest manner possible.

For those who still want to complain...go to your local parks and rec center and ref a few ballgames...i bet you cant even call on the instructional midget level without missing calls and making someone mad...maybe then you will appreciate just how hard officials work!!!

The three officials of the L.C. and greeneville game might be nice people, but they sure did a horrible job at officiating that night. I know that you all have off nights also but you are the "professionals". No one blamed the officials for that loss to either. But I can assure you it was not called even! That is not from just a greeneville fan either. There was other games throught out the tournament that were horribly called. I actually would say the same thing happend in the Shelbyville versus Archbishop Carroll.

I don't think is that way in just greene county. I think you get those comments from fans all over and it is usually from fans who don't even know anything about the game. I pesonally have never blamed the ref's for a loss and I have seen some bad calls over the years but I can honestly say I have never seen a game were a team could blame the ref for a loss because they are all sort of little things along the way that effects games.

I can't believe as an official you could possibly single out Greeneville as any worse than any other fans when it comes to officiating. My problem with those IMAC boys during the classic wasn't missed calls...those happen. It was inconsistancy. The girls would adjust to the physical play they were allowing and then they would call touch fouls and vice versa.This happened both ways in nearly every game those 3 officiated. And it will be like that the rest of the conference season for Greeneville and the rest of the IMAC. We don't expect perfection from these men who are obviously dedicated professionals who aren't in it for the money, but we can certainly expect them to be consistant.

However mr UTVOL, I get the distinct impression this isn't really about officiating as much as it is about your dislike of Greeneville in general. If you can read, you will note fans from several of the participating schools with complaints about the officiating,yet you choose to single out Greeneville. I certainly hope with this attitude, you don't actually officiate any Greeneville games...Besides I am sure the TSSAA would frown on their officials making any derrogatory comments on a public forum about a member school or their fans.

I can't believe as an official you could possibly single out Greeneville as any worse than any other fans when it comes to officiating. My problem with those IMAC boys during the classic wasn't missed calls...those happen. It was inconsistancy. The girls would adjust to the physical play they were allowing and then they would call touch fouls and vice versa.This happened both ways in nearly every game those 3 officiated. And it will be like that the rest of the conference season for Greeneville and the rest of the IMAC. We don't expect perfection from these men who are obviously dedicated professionals who aren't in it for the money, but we can certainly expect them to be consistant.

However mr UTVOL, I get the distinct impression this isn't really about officiating as much as it is about your dislike of Greeneville in general. If you can read, you will note fans from several of the participating schools with complaints about the officiating,yet you choose to single out Greeneville. I certainly hope with this attitude, you don't actually officiate any Greeneville games...Besides I am sure the TSSAA would frown on their officials making any derrogatory comments on a public forum about a member school or their fans.

I didnt mean to single out just greeneville fans. I was also referring to SG and CD fans as well as GHS. Fans of basketball in greene county are some of the most dedicated fans I have ever met. As far as me being biased toward greeneville, that is simply not true. I graduated from Greeneville High and like to see them do well, but I also know that when Greeneville loses, it is NEVER their own fault. It is always someone else whether it be the officials or someone being "sick" the whole week prior to the game...I never hear "They are a better team" or "We got outplayed tonite"...and keep in mind that I didnt mean just greeneville high specifically...i meant fans in greene county as a whole. I know that there are many fans out there in Greene County that dont blame others constantly and maybe you are one of those, but as a whole, fans is Greene County are the most dedicated fans you will find and a lot of them dedicated to the point of seeing their team as they see Jesus Christ which is where the "Its all THERE fault" comes in to play, they never see their own teams short comings...

I didnt mean to single out just greeneville fans. I was also referring to SG and CD fans as well as GHS. Fans of basketball in greene county are some of the most dedicated fans I have ever met. As far as me being biased toward greeneville, that is simply not true. I graduated from Greeneville High and like to see them do well, but I also know that when Greeneville loses, it is NEVER their own fault. It is always someone else whether it be the officials or someone being "sick" the whole week prior to the game...I never hear "They are a better team" or "We got outplayed tonite"...and keep in mind that I didnt mean just greeneville high specifically...i meant fans in greene county as a whole. I know that there are many fans out there in Greene County that dont blame others constantly and maybe you are one of those, but as a whole, fans is Greene County are the most dedicated fans you will find and a lot of them dedicated to the point of seeing their team as they see Jesus Christ which is where the "Its all THERE fault" comes in to play, they never see their own teams short comings...

I have yet to hear one Greeneville fan get on here and make excuses for the wailing they took from Wilson Central or blaming the boys loss to Dr Michael Krop on the Arby's officials. Nobody from North, South or West Greene or CD has whined about the officiating in the classic. C'mon vol, the IMAC boys totally blew the officiating in the Greeneville/ Lex Catholic game and the Shelbyville/ Arch. Carroll game as well. The Lexington and Carroll coaches were none to pleased with them either..so it wasn't just Greeneville fans. You might notice I have not generalized all the Classic officiating as bad. Just the 3 IMAC officials on the second night. Maybe you should not be so "general" in your criticism of your hometown folks.

For all of this, the absolutely best moment of the tournament is in the Greeneville -Boone County game, Greeneville inbounds with 7.5 seconds on the clock (end of third qtr, I think) runs the length of the court and shoots BEFORE the clock starts.

They miss the shot, and Boone County comes down and gets a shot off, which would not have happened if the clock started properly. The Greeneville coach is livid with the refs, and it is HER scorekeeper! :o

Bottom line, they only way the ref problem gets fixed is if teams stop coming, and cite that as the reason. Until that happens, there will be no reason for the tournamnet organizers to make any adjustments.

For all of this, the absolutely best moment of the tournament is in the Greeneville -Boone County game, Greeneville inbounds with 7.5 seconds on the clock (end of third qtr, I think) runs the length of the court and shoots BEFORE the clock starts.

They miss the shot, and Boone County comes down and gets a shot off, which would not have happened if the clock started properly. The Greeneville coach is livid with the refs, and it is HER scorekeeper! :thumb:

Bottom line, they only way the ref problem gets fixed is if teams stop coming, and cite that as the reason. Until that happens, there will be no reason for the tournamnet organizers to make any adjustments.

It was the TOURNAMENT'S scorekeeper Ray. This is not Greeneville High's tourney.It is the Greene County Bank Ladies Classic. I don't see what you find so amusing about a tourney coach complaining about the tournaments officials. Heck, if we had some of that homecooking we are so often accused of for we would have won this dang shindig. Oh well, we can have all we want once conference play starts back on Friday :o

Man you got it goin' on Answer! I hope you're right. Perhaps you could get together with BBWizard in middle TN and let him see your crystal ball, his is out of order. :ph34r:

Your team lost my cyrstal ball works. Your team is falling apart now. You will not even get out of your district.

Knoxville Webb Champs :ph34r:

What about WEBB SCHOOL they won last year and have picked up some awesome transfer players this year. They have GLORY ! Enough said!

I think someone smart must know about GLORY !!!!! What do you think?

GO WEBB

who is shelbyville?

They don't even know. Great Win