Next Years Top Guards in East TN

Hack

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about Ryan Wadley from Temple? This kid can handle the ball and shoot the lights out. With Jeron Williams leaving he will have to take the pt. guard position and still shoot as much, if not more, than he did last year. He can create and pull up in your face and has a nice set shot as well. Just a little side note: this guy has some of the best defense in the state and he is tougher than nails. He and Jake will run the show next year so look for him to put in about 20+ per game.

I think Lee Humphrey from Maryville edges out Jake Scogen of Temple for the top Senior guard award. Here are a few more in Upper East Tennessee who are very good.

Nick Bradley/Science Hill

Seth Jarvis/Kingsport DB

There is a kid form Bearden that I think is very good who's name eludes me. Help someone aroud Knoxville???

Juniors

Jerome Odem/Science Hill

Daniel Singleton/Rutledge

Matt Spencer/Morristown West

Dog the one thing I think hurts Byrd is his size. He appears not have grew any in the last two season. Harrison is only about 5'11 so this might hurt him as well but he really know the game and I feel he is a proven leader on the floor. He is a great player. I saw Chambers the other day at the baseball game and he appears to have grew a few inches since basketball season. He is a good shooter and can score off the dribble but needs to work on handeling the rock. But at 6'2 and maybe 6'3 but season start he will be a factor plus he is a gym rat. We should add BJ Miller and Walter Brown to that list as well. Both can play the game.

Byrd is small but his strength helps make up for that. Both he and Harrison see the floor extremely well and they are at their best when they are creating a shot for someone else. I don't consider Chambers a guard and Miller isn't a true one man yet. Walter still has a ways to go but he is getting better. I still believe that Harrison and Byrd are the best at their position. Plus both are very good defenders. Harrison probably leads the league in charges drawn.

I agree with your viewpoint on Harrison, he can really sell the charge. The reason I mention Chambers and Miller they will have to play that position if they go on and play at the college level. Miller is already a good 2 guard and I look for Unaka to use Chambers the way they did Dugger the past two seasons. With Dugger, Cole and Collins gone you know he will draw the top defensive player each night. I often wonder why they don't grow big men in Carter County with the exception of Big Vince.

Guest charlemagnelbcking

Is he not a senior? Oh well yeah he is good, the 3 pt.er comes to him naturally. When he shot the ball this year i always cringed. He is good.

The best guard in East Tennessee will be Albert Harris of AE! Just think, he's just a Ninth grader this year and by the time he's senior, it's going to be unreal!

Also, Trevail Minifield. He's going to be guard in the making. He's also in the 9th grade. Just keep those two names in mind.

Go AE!