The Tennessean Statewide Dream Team

CoachT

I really commend them for putting this team together. I like it for two primary reasons:

1) They don't name too many players at each position, and they actually name players to positions they play.

2) They seem to really be all about who had the best year, regardless of division, class or politics for the most part.

Anytime a real, true All-State team is picked, it's bound to be controversial. That's the point!

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Notice that every single player selected was a senior.

Who is Roderick Davis? Never heard of him all year. Rod Wilks is the better Rod in Tennessee and the best WR.

BJ Coleman didn't lead McCallie to a championship once in his career. Sonny Gray did in only his second year starting.

LB Josh Day had 20 sacks and WAY over 100 tackles. Tell me, how does John Stokes make it over him when he only had 85 tackles (doesn't even mention his sacks or lack there of) and his team got no where in the playoffs? And the answer better not be because he's a senior and Day is only a junior because if it is, then this "dream team" is stupid and pointless.

B.J. Coleman is by far the best QB in the state. A ring doesn't make him any better or any worse.

Tyler Maples is the best receiver in the state. Nobody is as consistent as him. I've seen him play a total of about 10 games in 3 years and I have never seen him drop a ball, he runs excellent routes, and running a legit 4.39 doesn't hurt either.

At LB there is no question that Donald is the best in the state, he just had an injury-plagued year. He isn't the #11 ranked prospect in the nation for nothing.

1) There are juniors on the list. The first person seen (from left to right) is a junior, and the last person on the list (bottom right) is a junior.

2) If leading a team to a championship is criteria for an individual being named to a Dream Team, then this list would be devoid of names like Golden Tate, Harrison Smith, and some others, and that would be an incomplete list of Tennessee standouts. Nevertheless, if leading a team to a championship quickly should be considered more so than individual talent/accomplishments, then Trent Caffee, a first year starter for Brentwood Academy's state title team, should be considered over Gray.

3) I don't know if John Stokes is one of the best LBs in the state, but, having seen him play, his inclusion is no shame. He even has two state titles to his credit (if state titles are criteria...).

4. Bob Stoops, Ed Orgeron, Steve Spurrier, Phil Fulmer, and Mike Leach apparently know who Roderick Davis is. That's some pretty high-octane offensive brain power there.

Glad to know winning doesn't mean much to you. :o

This team is somewhat correct, but could be a lot better if it had the state's leading rusher on it and Mr.Football winner Marco Dailey. I can't believe that anyone could leave him off. I read an earlier post that this was on this year's stats they need to take a look at his stats. 42 Td's goodness graciousl. I am not even from MT. Pleasant and I can see he was the best in the state. Also, if I was going to start a DREAM TEAM he would be on it.

Glad to know winning doesn't mean much to you. :o

Glad to know you can't swallow your pride and admit the fact that there are indeed juniors on the list and you missed them.

I really don't see where any of my rebuttals allow you to infer that winning doesn't mean much to me, but whatever makes you happy...

Edited by rollredroll

Great job. Good effort to do a legitimate team. It could have gone either way in some cases. At least it is not a "fraternity team" where there was obvious bias. For example the Football Coaches group being promoted by the TSSAA. Only a few coaches voted and the team is not consistent with criteria for an all state team because each coach named 2 of his players. A team should be considered based on all of the players in the state. I think the Tennessean did attempt to have one team accross the state and did base it on this years contribution. If the Mr. Football ballots had been based on this years contribution as they say it is there would also have been different winners. It is great to see a team named after all of the results are in. ^_^