Potter named Head COach at Brentwood A.

WarriorFan

Sharder needs to call Flatt about the Centennial opening. He is a certified teacher, so he would be able to also teach. (Which I do believe is necessary in the public sector. ) Maybe then, the kids that should go to Centennial, but find ways to go to Franklin, would want to go to their zoned school. Centennial might finally be able to compete with the rest of their region. That would be interesting.

This has got to be some kind of publicity stunt. Flatt is worse than Paris Hilton. He no more wants to coach at Moore Co, Centennial, Independance or USC than he does at Brentwood Ac.

Is he that publicity hungry that he can't even stay out of the papers for 1 day? We'd rather have someone else at CENT!!

Go WIlco

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This has got to be some kind of publicity stunt. Flatt is worse than Paris Hilton. He no more wants to coach at Moore Co, Centennial, Independance or USC than he does at Brentwood Ac.

Is he that publicity hungry that he can't even stay out of the papers for 1 day? We'd rather have someone else at CENT!!

Go WIlco

gecent1, you must be joking. Love him or hate him, anyone who knows Flatt or knows anything about him (and clearly you don't . . .) knows that he is not looking for publicity. He may be a lot of things to a lot of people, but publicity seeker is way off the mark . . .

Get a clue before you post . . .

Sharder needs to call Flatt about the Centennial opening. He is a certified teacher, so he would be able to also teach. (Which I do believe is necessary in the public sector. ) Maybe then, the kids that should go to Centennial, but find ways to go to Franklin, would want to go to their zoned school. Centennial might finally be able to compete with the rest of their region. That would be interesting.

It would definitely juice things up in the region play.

It would definitely juice things up in the region play.

Just think. He will be doing the opposite of Rankin. Retire from private school and go coach at a public. If he would give Centennial about 4 years then maybe their program would be up to snuff with the others in their region. They have had the players in the past (and I am sure some now), but never had the coach to get the job done.

Here's a question for those more in the know than I am. Any chance that Flatt's retirement timing, followed by immediate consideration of another opportunity, has something to do with the renewal of the BA v. TSSAA case in front of the Supreme Court?

I'm assuming that my first thought is more on the mark, in that Coach Flatt has nothing more to prove or accomplish in his tremendous career. But then the court case rears its ugly head again and I remember how Coach Flatt stepped away from football at BA the last time the lawyers were having their fun.

Please understand that I realize that I am so far distanced from specifics that at best all I'm doing is blowing mildly fragrant smoke out of my hind quarters. Anyone have any informed thoughts about this?

Here's a question for those more in the know than I am. Any chance that Flatt's retirement timing, followed by immediate consideration of another opportunity, has something to do with the renewal of the BA v. TSSAA case in front of the Supreme Court?

I'm assuming that my first thought is more on the mark, in that Coach Flatt has nothing more to prove or accomplish in his tremendous career. But then the court case rears its ugly head again and I remember how Coach Flatt stepped away from football at BA the last time the lawyers were having their fun.

Please understand that I realize that I am so far distanced from specifics that at best all I'm doing is blowing mildly fragrant smoke out of my hind quarters. Anyone have any informed thoughts about this?

This has been a long time in coming with the Supreme Court. Back last spring or summer, I forget exactly when, but the TSSAA said that they were going to try and get the Supreme Court to hear this case again. I guess it is their last effort to get it overturned before they (TSSAA) has to pay up. I don't believe this has anything to do with Flatt retiring. He would have retired last year, but the coach that they wanted had already signed with someone else.

Just think. He will be doing the opposite of Rankin. Retire from private school and go coach at a public. If he would give Centennial about 4 years then maybe their program would be up to snuff with the others in their region. They have had the players in the past (and I am sure some now), but never had the coach to get the job done.

Aloca is a public school and Rankin didn't retire from Riverdale, he resign to go to Alcoa.

Aloca is a public school and Rankin didn't retire from Riverdale, he resign to go to Alcoa.

Yep, you are correct. I was thinking about Rankin wanting one of the private coaching positions and that because he had enough years to retire from public, he could collect his retirement, and also get paid well by a private. Didn't he apply at FRA and BGA?

Yep, you are correct. I was thinking about Rankin wanting one of the private coaching positions and that because he had enough years to retire from public, he could collect his retirement, and also get paid well by a private. Didn't he apply at FRA and BGA?

Someone correct me if I'm off track. I remember the talk a couple of years ago about BGA because of his daughter. The other part mention is news to me.

This has been a long time in coming with the Supreme Court. Back last spring or summer, I forget exactly when, but the TSSAA said that they were going to try and get the Supreme Court to hear this case again. I guess it is their last effort to get it overturned before they (TSSAA) has to pay up. I don't believe this has anything to do with Flatt retiring. He would have retired last year, but the coach that they wanted had already signed with someone else.

BA is gonna lose and they are gonna lose huge.

The court has changed drastically since Oct. 2000.

O'Connor was the deciding vote last time in the 5-4 BA decision. Replacing her and Rehnquist have been Roberts and Alito. Roberts is not a big deal he will vote the same way that Rehnquist did, against BA. Alito however will rule that the TSSAA is not a state actor and side with fellow conservatives.

It has nothing to do with him retiring but Flat is definitely making the right choice in getting out now before this case is heard.