Place Your Bets

The Latest... :)

From James Alder,

More Bad Pub for Pacman

Things continue to spiral out of control for Tennessee Titans cornerback Pacman Jones, who was at the scene of a triple shooting last week that witnesses say was sparked by Jones and his entourage. Jones has not been charged in the incident, but his already-poor reputation took another serious hit, and recent reports indicate the team is actively shopping his services to the highest bidder. (So far they're up to a used set of shoulder pads and half a bag of stale Doritos.)

On Monday, Nashville's local News Channel 5 added another chapter to the Jones saga by releasing wiretapped phone conversations from a drug investigation that didn't exactly paint a pretty picture of Jones as a dedicated, law-abiding NFL football player. Convicted drug dealer Darryl Moore, a friend of Jones, was the center of the investigation which resulted in multiple arrests and the confiscation of a Cadillac linked to Jones in March of 2006.

Keep in mind the following comments were made by a convicted felon, but they were also made without his knowledge and without solicitation:

"We gotta slow down, man. We gotta get him focused on football, man. He's focused on too much other s****," Moore said.

"You know, I was talkin' to him the other day about smokin', and he was like man, if I didn't smoke I couldn't take all the stress that I'm dealing with right now."

Moore also brought up Titans Head Coach Jeff Fisher who he said visited Jones at home.

"Fisher's being as patient as a m*****f***** as he can. Fisher gotta win. Fisher trying to win...He ain't putting up with that s***," Moore said. "He gotta concentrate on season...that ******* drug test coming up," he said. "We telling him he needed 33 days before he took his ******* test; dry-out, and he didn't...that's let me know right there that he ain't taking his ****** job serious."

In another conversation, Moore reportedly talked about Jones betting thousands of dollars on college games to make a quick buck.

All we can say is, wow!

If there's any truth to these allegations, Jones really has some explaining to do. And in the meantime, his trade value has dropped from that previously-mentioned bag of stale Doritos to a half-eaten Ho-Ho. Things have gotten so bad, even the Bengals are talking about how hard core the guy is.

yuh Pacman is the only one in the NFL that smokes weed.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not really. I want him gone and I've stood up for him for 2 years now. I honestly thought the guy just had to grow up and get away from his old friends and he would straighten himself out. I can handle the occasional 15 yard personal foul, and I honestly thought he had began to straighten himself out. Guilty or not, and yes the owners story becomes more and more shady by the day, he continues to place himself in situations that put himself, the organization, and the state in general in a bad light.

Gerry, as much as you criticized UT and it's players for all of their problems, I for the life of me cannot understand how you can take up for this guy.

The reason I take up for this guy and not UT players is that this guy has not been convicted of any crimes. All Pacman is guilty of is having bad judgment. I don't agree with his morals and his decisions. However, there have been no criminal convictions against him. It seems to me the public sees Pacman as an easy target, which results in him having trouble thrown his way, and in the end charges are thrown out cause those charges carry no merit. Now could Pacman avoid some of these situations? Yes. Should Pacman makes better decisions? Yes. Should the Titans sit him down and say no more trouble? Yes. Should the Titans get rid of him? No. The Titans can't void his contract because he has not violated it.

Another thing here is that people on this board and in the media are taking everything they hear as fact. The club owner's story seems to show distinct hatred toward Pacman Jones. Why want this club owner turn over the tape that he says shows Pacman is involved? Probably because he has no evidence against Pacman and is trying to draw publicity for his club. Before we all crucify Pacman on this incident lets see what the police investigation reveals.

Do I think Pacman should be release if he is convicted of a crime? Yes, but that is the only way.

The reason I take up for this guy and not UT players is that this guy has not been convicted of any crimes. All Pacman is guilty of is having bad judgment. I don't agree with his morals and his decisions. However, there have been no criminal convictions against him. It seems to me the public sees Pacman as an easy target, which results in him having trouble thrown his way, and in the end charges are thrown out cause those charges carry no merit. Now could Pacman avoid some of these situations? Yes. Should Pacman makes better decisions? Yes. Should the Titans sit him down and say no more trouble? Yes. Should the Titans get rid of him? No. The Titans can't void his contract because he has not violated it.

Another thing here is that people on this board and in the media are taking everything they hear as fact. The club owner's story seems to show distinct hatred toward Pacman Jones. Why want this club owner turn over the tape that he says shows Pacman is involved? Probably because he has no evidence against Pacman and is trying to draw publicity for his club. Before we all crucify Pacman on this incident lets see what the police investigation reveals.

Do I think Pacman should be release if he is convicted of a crime? Yes, but that is the only way.

Thank God Pacman is such a role model Gerry. Hope you and the Punkman have a great career together. :lol:

Who said Pacman was my role model? I don't think I ever said that. Check that I know I never said that. If Pacman was hanging out with me, he wouldn't be in the situation he is in now. Heck it seems we are both getting some publicity. I like your signature, it gives me some pub and I didn't have to become a low life club owner that falsifies a story to get it. So instead of coming back with a rebuttal you decide to take a jab at me. That's cool, but I can still argue why the Titans should keep Pacman. Is Pacman a role model for anyone? Yes, sadly enough he is, but the crowd he appeals to isn't the best. Do I wish he would clean up his act? Yes.

Like I said earlier if Pacman is convicted of a crime then get rid of him, but if he has charges brought up and then just thrown out of court that Titans can't do a thing to him and they shouldn't.

Who said Pacman was my role model? I don't think I ever said that. Check that I know I never said that. If Pacman was hanging out with me, he wouldn't be in the situation he is in now. Heck it seems we are both getting some publicity. I like your signature, it gives me some pub and I didn't have to become a low life club owner that falsifies a story to get it. So instead of coming back with a rebuttal you decide to take a jab at me. That's cool, but I can still argue why the Titans should keep Pacman. Is Pacman a role model for anyone? Yes, sadly enough he is, but the crowd he appeals to isn't the best. Do I wish he would clean up his act? Yes.

Like I said earlier if Pacman is convicted of a crime then get rid of him, but if he has charges brought up and then just thrown out of court that Titans can't do a thing to him and they shouldn't.

thank you. People accuse alot but they cant ever prove anything. Yes Pacman needs to stay out of these situations. I like Pacman because of the plays he makes, and he oculd be one of the best shutdown corners in the game.

Cout on Pacman not getting in any more trouble from here on out, with the Titans or not.

thank you. People accuse alot but they cant ever prove anything. Yes Pacman needs to stay out of these situations. I like Pacman because of the plays he makes, and he oculd be one of the best shutdown corners in the game.

Cout on Pacman not getting in any more trouble from here on out, with the Titans or not.

Spoke too soon........take a look at his latest trouble in Atlanta.

Friday, 03/02/07

Pacman's attorney fears 'mob mentality'

Lawyer urges fans, media not to judge until case resolved

By JIM WYATT

Staff Writer

His office is roughly 250 miles away in Atlanta, but the attorney for Pacman Jones is fully aware of what's being said, and what some might think, about his client in Nashville.

On Thursday, attorney Manny Arora asked for everyone not to rush to judgment on cases involving the Titans cornerback, while criticizing authorities in Georgia for the way they've portrayed him on charges in his home state.

"I'd like people to take pause, and rather than the mob mentality kicking in, I'd like for them to sit back and say, 'Hey, he didn't do these things. He's been in the wrong situation, yeah.' But he is almost snakebit a little bit," Arora said.

"He's been trashed in every possible forum publicly — television, the newspaper — and all for what? It is almost like there's an open call for anyone who wants to say anything negative about Adam. That's what this has become.''

While detectives in Las Vegas continue to investigate a triple shooting on Feb. 19 — the co-owner of the strip club where that incident took place accused Jones of being a friend of the shooter — old charges in Georgia against Jones came to light on Wednesday when it was discovered that he's due in court later this month for allegedly obstructing police during an incident last February.

Jones was arrested and charged with marijuana possession not long after that incident in Fayetteville, Ga., though those charges were dismissed. On Thursday, the Fayette County solicitor said there wasn't strong enough evidence against Jones to prosecute that case, but even that set off a controversy.

Jones has been involved in at least 10 off-the-field incidents involving police since he was drafted in the first round of the 2005 draft.

"I am not happy about it, but there is not much I can do about it unless I just want to go over there and pound on the solicitor's desk,'' said Mike Pruitt of the Fayette County Drug Task Force, who was involved in arresting Jones, along with his mother and two friends.

"It was his house, and the basement had dope scattered all over it in plain view. I think it was a good case against him. It's not right.''

Jones under stress

The Tennessean has had numerous conversations with Jones this week, but not for print. Jones expressed frustration with some of the stories he'd read, and Arora said Jones "is stressed beyond belief.''

Jones is scheduled to appear in Superior Court in Fayetteville later this month on a felony charge of obstructing police and two charges of misdemeanor obstruction after a scuffle with police.

According to Fayetteville Police Chief Steve Heaton, the obstruction charges stem from a verbal confrontation between police and Jones and some friends who were in a car outside a house around 1 a.m. in an area where numerous thefts had been reported. Heaton said Jones fought with police when he ran into the home. A police report said Jones bit an officer during the scuffle.

What police didn't make clear, Arora said, is that Jones was sitting in front of his girlfriend's house and had done nothing wrong. "The police gave no reason why they came up to Pac's car. He had committed no crime, and there was no reason for police to come up and talk to him, but they do,'' Arora said. "He told police he wanted to leave and (a) police officer ordered him back in the car, and everything starts from there."

In the marijuana charge that wasn't prosecuted, Fayette County Solicitor General Jamie Inaguwa said Thursday that Jones didn't have any marijuana in his possession, and that his mother and a friend claimed responsibility for the marijuana that was found in his house during a search by authorities.

A total of four individuals were initially charged in the case, and two of the four were prosecuted, Inaguwa said. He said a friend of Jones, Marcus Bowens, said he had been smoking in the car the two arrived in. But Inaguwa, citing a police report, said Jones said he hadn't been smoking.

"With him driving up and not being in the house and the people pleading guilty to it inside, it would be very difficult for me to substantiate a charge against (Jones), no matter how I felt,'' Inaguwa said.

Pruitt, however, said Jones admitted in another conversation that he had been smoking marijuana on the drive from Nashville to Atlanta after initially denying it.

Lawyer weighs options

Authorities in Las Vegas still haven't named a suspect in the triple shooting at the Minxx Gentleman's Club, which paralyzed one man.

Meanwhile, Arora is considering his own options in that case, which could include filing suits against co-owner Robert Susnar, who has accused Jones of starting the melee and being involved.

The Titans and the NFL are monitoring the events. There's a chance Jones could be in violation of the NFL's Personal Conduct Policy, which relates to off-the-field matters. Accusations of marijuana use raise questions about his potentially being in violation of the NFL's Substance Abuse Policy.

The Titans haven't commented much on the issue, saying they're waiting on all of the facts. At the NFL Combine last weekend, Titans General Manager Mike Reinfeldt didn't rule out the possibility of Jones not being on the roster this fall.

"From me reading in the papers and different things, certainly there is a lot of pressure on the team to do something, and I compliment them that they have not commented or gone public until all the facts are out,'' Arora said. "What happens if they cut him and do all these things and the case is never a case and he's just always been a witness? Now you've ruined a young kid's life ...

"It just doesn't seem like any of this (negativity) out there is going to stop any time. Nothing positive seems to ever show up on the radar screen, things he has done. I don't want it to be a contest where he's good, he's bad, or he's this, that or the other, but nobody hesitates to think, 'Hey, he has been in trouble before, but the charges weren't there.' Yeah, he's made some bad choices, but those cases get dismissed for a reason."

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar.../703020406/1027