What's Wrong with Pickett Co.?

pcbobcats1

Tonight Pickett struggled to beat the weakest Clay Co. team I've ever seen. This is the type of game Pickett ususally wins by 30 or 40. They turned the ball over all night, couldn't go to the basket, and just looked bad. Any ideas of what is wrong???? They were much much better last year and have everyone back this year, plus more depth. Clarkrange must be salavating at their prospects for Friday night at Clarkrange. At this rate I'd take the Buffaloes by 10 to 15 and Upchurch will score 40 or more. Even in '98 when the Bobcats went 17-17, they still went to substate because they gave it their all. I can't see this getting very far in the region this year...most likely one game and out.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not the coach. It has much more to do with having players who's heads barely fit in the gym.

I'm like you it's not the coach. Coach Bibb is one of the best coaches around. The players need to get focused but it's hard to do when you know that you should beat a team fairly easy. That should be one of the main objectives for coach Bibb keeping the team focused and keep them hungry come tourney time. I believe the Bobcats will jell at the right time. But anybody can be beat on any given night. I hope the Bobcats don't get complacent and let somebody sneak up on them.

Then it goes back to the coach,bench the egos and start some subs,get their attention.

Muffin you are exactly right. Coach should rock the boat a little and that might get their attention.

I don't think it's panic time just yet. We have all seen teams peak to quick and fade to the way side right at tourney time. I believe coach Bibb has it under control and will have those Bobcats ready when it counts most.

Then there is a problem somewhere.

IT GOES BACK TO THE SAYING " TEAM IS NOT SPELLED WITH A "I"

TEAM BALL WINS BALL GAMES NOT "ME" BALL, IT SEEM THEY HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THE "TEAM" CONCEPT. AND THEIR PLAY REFLECTS IT. TEAM HAVE STAR PLAYERS, HOWEVER IF THE STARS CAN'T DO IT BY THEMSELVES AND THE STARS DON'T USUALLY PLAY ANY "D" , AND GOOD "D" WINS GAMES.

GOOD LUCK PC

Pcbobcats1, i know you are a fan, sports writer or whatever.....you question everything that the team does, if PC was 25-0, you would be questioning why the margin of victory is not larger? You make excuses and talk about the refs everytime someone beats Pickett. Are they playing great? No....Are they winning? they are beating who we are suppose to beat, with a couple good wins during the xmas break.

You questioned the scheduling of the christmas tournaments???? They can play with those teams, but they have to bring their A game, showed it at times, but not for 32 minutes and that is what it takes for Pickett to beat a Sparta, Whitehaven, Shelbyville.

If you call one player more depth, then I guess they are loaded with it!!!! Granted the players that got to play off the bench last year have another year of experience, but Sells is the only one that plays more than 1 minute that has any experience and add depth.

Last time I checked district tournaments, region tournaments, sub-states are not won in December and January.

As far as Muffin and the coach, you just like to argue about whatever....I promise you Coach Bibb at Pickett has forgotten more about basketball than youor PCbobcat1 will ever know!!!! Thats a fact!