What's Wrong with Pickett Co.?

pcbobcats1

Ok i will agree with you on they weren't supposed to beat la, but now jackson co., they were supposed to beat, maybe not blow them out of the water or win by more than 10 but pickett co. was expected to win that game. Pickett Co. was picked to win the district this year in pre-season so that gave them the SUPPOSED to win title in every game they play within the district. Now with that said they didn't win, but your crazy if you think that anyone outside of jackson co. and celina thought pickett co. wasn't gonna win.

Edited by catchpc10

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then it goes back to the coach,bench the egos and start some subs,get their attention.

i like coach bibb but i can see a lot of him in his players i've watched him through college and his tantrems are hurting this very good basketball team and some of them are developing his attitude. he is very knowledgeable and a good guy but he has to get control of himself and his team. Now noone will slip up on the bobcats because everyone expects to play with them

Ok i will agree with you on they weren't supposed to beat la, but now jackson co., they were supposed to beat, maybe not blow them out of the water or win by more than 10 but pickett co. was expected to win that game. Pickett Co. was picked to win the district this year in pre-season so that gave them the SUPPOSED to win title in every game they play within the district. Now with that said they didn't win, but your crazy if you think that anyone outside of jackson co. and celina thought pickett co. wasn't gonna win.

So Pickett wasn't supposed to beat LA @LA.. But they were supposed to beat Jackson Co. @ Pickett.. So I guess that means that makes JC look really good going into Pickett(where you're down 15 points when you walk in the gym) and beating the "PRE-SEASON FAVORITES" and then going into LA and beating a very talented and deep LA Wildcat team who beat Pickett by 12 in the same gym :(

If your picked to win the district then your expected to be the favorite in every district game until you lose a game to a team. Yes PC wasn't supposed to beat LA @ LA, not saying that they couldn't but they weren't picked to before that game started. LA is a very good AA team, they're not supposed to lose to very good A teams, but I'll give JC they're props for going into Livingston and beating LA. And JC wasn't picked to beat PC before that game was played. No one was saying that JC wasn't capable of beating pickett or that pickett wasn't capable of beating LA, they were just picked as the favorites. With that said LA and Jackson Co will be the favorites in they're last game against pickett co. this year because they have already proved they can do it.

Edited by catchpc10

I will agree that PC was supposed to win against JC. The game was at Pickett and that is worth 10 points right there. The suprise is everyone acts like they didn't see this coming. PC's two leaders have huge egos. The players ARE NOT TAKING ON BIBB'S PERSONALITY, they are taking on the personality of their TEAM LEADERS.

Besides that, PC just isn't that talented. All their hype has come from their fans. PC lost to Clay Co. 4 times last season but all you hear about are the 2 close ones. What about the 20+ point blowout or the region championship domination. And honestly, PC didn't have a chance in the other 2 games either. JC beat Clay once and other than the bad game they played in the district tourney last year, they were better than PC. Plus, they don't have the egos. They go out and get it done whether they should lose by 100 or win by 100. JC is gonna win this district (and probably region) and there isn't much PC can do about it.

Acted as a coach,glad you cleared that up,and you did beat us at P.C. but you got drilled at our place,and drilled even worse at district and was about to be massacerd again until your coachs forfieted,head coach or acting that showed no will to win or put up a fight.

[/quote

MUFFIN, HAVE YOU EVER READ THE POEM ABOUT THE GUY WHO COMPLAINED ABOUT NOT HAVING SHOES, AND THEN HE MET A MAN THAT HAS NO FEET. THIS PICKETT TEAM IS YOUNG AND THEY ARE HAVING SOME PROBLEMS, BUT IF YOU THINK IT IS THE COACHING, SHOULD SHOULD TAKE A LOOK ELSEWHERE AND THEN YOU COULD SEE WHAT THAT IS. BIBB IS DOING S GREAT JOB WITH THOSE KIDS. SOMETIMES PEOPLE JUST DON'T KNOW THAT THEY HAVE AS GOOD AS THEY DO UNTIL THEY LOOK AROUND AND SEE WHAT OTHERS HAVE. SEND BIBB OUR WAY AND SEE IF WEE CRY WHEN HE ONLY GOES TO THE SUB STATE.

P.S. THE BASEBALL THING. BIBB AND BROOKS CHOSE A FORFEITED TRIP TO THE REGION INSTEAD OF RISKING INJURY TO THE OVERWORKED ARMS ON THE PITCHING STAFF AFTER THE 16 INNING GAME WITH MONTEREY.

BACK TO BASKETBALL. REMEBER, ONLY 3 TEAMS END EACH YEAR ON A WIN.

LOL. I JUST HATE TO SEE COACHES BLATED ON HERE WHEN THEY ARE DOING A GOOD JOB WITH WHAT THEY HAVE.

you defeated Monterey in 11 innings,as far as the best team in the district that year,you are correct.

There are MANY, MANY more problems than meets the eye at PCHS or in Pickett County for that matter. The problem are the adults and the politics. This is without a doubt effecting the coachs, players and community. The adminstration is awful, all the good leaders, teachers and coachs have left or got out and I dont blame them. The mess on the girls side for years has finally bled over into the boys program. Granted Coach Bibb may not be very good or work very hard, but it could be worse just asked the girls that have graduated the last 5 or 6 years. People in Pickett complain about all the staff being out of town, but again what choices do they have. Besides most Good coachs or adminstrators want to do the right thing and not influenced by ingnorance above them or a "BIG FAT DOCTOR" trying to buy them out under the table. I love PCHS and I feel very sorry for what they're thru, maybe some day it will get better. GO LADY BEE's!!!!!!!! ;):D

I pretty sure we beat you the next year in the tourny, could be mistaken though. Not the same team I know, and i'm not afraid to say you were better than us in 04, but I think we got the last laugh in 05.

Yep you beat a team in 05' that had lost 8 seniors the previous year, had one to return off a knee injury and hadn't play in 2 years nearly...Matt Heady and I were the only ones that had any playing time at all from previous years...

I don't think there is anything wrong right now. We have a record of 15-6 and 3 of the losses came in the Mid South Classic. Tough teams in that one buddy. When we start losing more games then you can start bringing up all the questions about what's wrong. We are still playing good ball and we don't need to be complaining about the margin of victory. A win is a win.