What's Wrong with Pickett Co.?

pcbobcats1

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pcbobcats1, i know you are a fan, sports writer or whatever.....you question everything that the team does, if PC was 25-0, you would be questioning why the margin of victory is not larger? You make excuses and talk about the refs everytime someone beats Pickett. Are they playing great? No....Are they winning? they are beating who we are suppose to beat, with a couple good wins during the xmas break.

You questioned the scheduling of the christmas tournaments???? They can play with those teams, but they have to bring their A game, showed it at times, but not for 32 minutes and that is what it takes for Pickett to beat a Sparta, Whitehaven, Shelbyville.

If you call one player more depth, then I guess they are loaded with it!!!! Granted the players that got to play off the bench last year have another year of experience, but Sells is the only one that plays more than 1 minute that has any experience and add depth.

Last time I checked district tournaments, region tournaments, sub-states are not won in December and January.

As far as Muffin and the coach, you just like to argue about whatever....I promise you Coach Bibb at Pickett has forgotten more about basketball than youor PCbobcat1 will ever know!!!! Thats a fact!

If the coach is no better at basketball,than he was at coaching baseball,then therein is your problem.

CBOMB8 If I praise PC, then that's all wrong too. You know nothing about me or about my posts. It was not the margin of the wins that mattered; it was all the errors in the game. You can't turn the ball over as much as they are, miss easy shots, play without focus and expect to win the tough games. I've gone to almost every game for 12 years. This is the first time I've seen dedicated fans, fans who've followed PC much longer than I have, leave at the half not wanting to watch sloppy basketball. New this year are Sells, Copeland and several other young players. Not just one. I'm far from the only one wondering what has happened to this team. As for winning games they are supposed to win, what about losing at home to Jackson Co. ? What about losing to Livingston and scoring 12 points in the half? This just isn't Pickett Co. basketball. And, when they play well again, I'll praise them again...and get accused of overrating PC.

One Bibb just acted as coach, brooks cherry did all the coaching and practice that year, and muffin i'm pretty sure we beat you up at pickett that year. But this is a basketball board so lets keep it to that. I think Bibb is doing a fine job, the only problem his team is having is scoring points, and at first i thought well thats his fault, because when brent smith coached we were scoring a ton of points, then I realized...every year brent coached exp. for his last year he had the leading points scorer at pickett co., nathan aaron. Bibb has them playing pretty solid defense, they just need to find a way to score more. I think jacob wright needs to step up his production, but I think the big key to them scoring more points is to get the big fella, brett roddy some more touches. The kid has a excellent mid range jumper, I like to see him get the ball some more. T.C. and bret logan are playin pretty much about what they should, i actually think logan is playing better than i thought he would, he's been lights out as of late shooting three's. But another factor maybe that james gibson has been out for a month. I didn't realize how important he was to the team until he went down. When he's in he's a threat to score, unlike sells who rarely shoots the ball. Gibson should be back in time for the temple game, which hopefully is when everything will start clicking again. And as for bench players, I think bibb has more depth than last year. When gibson comes back, he'll have sells, elmore, jacob brown and jeremiah copeland, and I think all can step up and play. Thats not something bibb had last year on the bench. Now with that said are they all pro, the best bench i've ever seen? No but they'll fill in nicely. Bibb's not the problem....let it be.

Also CBOMB8, don't misrepresent my posts just because you disagree. I have a right to my opinion, but you don't have the right to spin it. When the refs stink, they stink. If you check my posts they say that it was NOT the officiating which cost a game. But, if a ref isn't doing his job they shouldn't be treated like they can't make mistakes. They do. All this talk about Coach Bibb...isn't he the same coach who took 4 sophomores and a junior to substate last year? I'd say that was pretty exceptional coaching because NO ONE ever expected the kind of season they had. The reason for my initial post was hoping they'd get focused before the Clarkrange game because if they take it lightly, they won't win. Snow is back and Upchurch always lights it up.

As for the chickening out of whatever, you'll have to talk to brooks, that was his decision, not the players. You play a 16 inning game and lets see how bad you want to turn around and play the best team in the district that year.

you defeated Monterey in 11 innings,as far as the best team in the district that year,you are correct.

CBOMB8 If I praise PC, then that's all wrong too. You know nothing about me or about my posts. It was not the margin of the wins that mattered; it was all the errors in the game. You can't turn the ball over as much as they are, miss easy shots, play without focus and expect to win the tough games. I've gone to almost every game for 12 years. This is the first time I've seen dedicated fans, fans who've followed PC much longer than I have, leave at the half not wanting to watch sloppy basketball. New this year are Sells, Copeland and several other young players. Not just one. I'm far from the only one wondering what has happened to this team. As for winning games they are supposed to win, what about losing at home to Jackson Co. ? What about losing to Livingston and scoring 12 points in the half? This just isn't Pickett Co. basketball. And, when they play well again, I'll praise them again...and get accused of overrating PC.

Jackson County and Livingston Academy are neither games that PC was SUPPOSED to win. Both games that they are capable of winning but by no means games that they were supposed to win going into them. Give credit where it is due they were better teams on the given nights that they defeated Pickett and at this point in the season i think that both are better TEAMS than Pickett.