Darren Bowling

Dyersburg filled it's vacant coaching position this morning hiring Darren Bowling formally of Obion County Central.....

Having had a son that played for Bowling for all four years of his tenure at OCCHS,it is truly a sad day personally for me....Darren is a great man....He is a Christian and family man....Dyersburg is truly getting a fine head coach..I can only imagine the veer/mid-line option being run at Dyersburg with those athletes...It will be very dangerous to say the least....

I can't say who might be the new head man at OC....I doubt it has even been thought about too hard to be honest....OC is now right in the middle of it's off season weight training...If I had to guess,I would say at least two of the assistants now on OC's staff may leave the program also...I'm not saying that either would move to Dyersburg,but at least one of the assistants would be a possibility to go to Dyersburg with Bowling....

The next hire will be an important one...OC is going to have to rebuild it's offensive and defensive lines...They are going to be depleted by the loss of 15 seniors that played two years and some even had three years experience...The cupboard will not be completely empty..OC will have a number of players returning in the skill positions....They will also have a real good group of incoming freshmen....This will be a very important hire for Obion Central and it's community..OC has become a repectable program under Chris Hill and Darren Bowling...The football program had actually become the one that had stabilty....

One thing that will have to be looked at very closely is something that Bowling said about the OC program.....He said in taking the job at Dyersburg that the Trojan football program was going to pay him a significant amount of money over what he was making at OC and that the Trojans had a program that had the necessary things you need to have to have a consistant winner year in and year out..Obion Central's football program needs to be in that place where they can pay a coach what he is worth and they need to continue to improve on what Hill and Bowling have started to build a consistant winning program that will be able to compete in what is considered the toughest 3A region,top to bottom in the state of Tennessee....The administration needs to thoroughly look at who they hire next for the program....It will be a huge decision for the program....

Good Luck to Darren Bowling and his family..The Rebel football family is going to miss you....

As for Coach Bowling, I wish him all of the luck in the world. He is a great guy as well as a great coach and he will hopefully bring more success to an already successful powerhouse. In saying that, he will be missed in Obion County by fans as well as previous football players (me!) However, now that coach Bowling is gone, I can only hope that if some of the current assistant coaches apply for the job they will be given priority over ouside applicants. I think there are some very capable applicants who can carry on what Coach Hill and Coach Bowling started at OC. They know how to win and I believe they are capable of doing so. But hey that is just my two cents worth!

Coach Bowling is a great football coach, but is still a better man. Dyersburg is indeed lucky to have got him. Having a good coach who is a christian man, and who leads that way is a big plus for any program. While I hate to see him leave OC, I wish him and his family nothing but the best. He did a great job at OC, and the team, and everyone around the program were fortunate to have him here. Dyersburg, you have got a GOOD man.

GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just some things a person considering coming to Obion Central High School might want to consider.....

New 18 Million Dollar high school completed this past year..The incoming freshman will be the first group to go from start to finish in the new school....

Big football stadium....The visitor side of the stadium is as big or bigger than alot of home sides..Press boxes on both home and visitor sides...Football field is in really good shape..Bowling personally took care of the field....Brand new scoreboard..Concession stands on both home and visitor sides.....Very nice practice field,turf in really good shape.....

Multi-purpose indoor practice facility with artificial turf(50 yards)...Coaches offices inside indoor facility,big conference room,nice home locker room...Separate weight rooms from the indoor facility...

Just some things a person considering coming to Obion Central High School might want to consider.....

New 18 Million Dollar high school completed this past year..The incoming freshman will be the first group to go from start to finish in the new school....

Big football stadium....The visitor side of the stadium is as big or bigger than alot of home sides..Press boxes on both home and visitor sides...Football field is in really good shape..Bowling personally took care of the field....Brand new scoreboard..Concession stands on both home and visitor sides.....Very nice practice field,turf in really good shape.....

Multi-purpose indoor practice facility with artificial turf(50 yards)...Coaches offices inside indoor facility,big conference room,nice home locker room...Separate weight rooms from the indoor facility...

Whoever gets the job will have excellent facilities....I hope we find a good coach...

GO REBELS!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I've been in the coaches' offices and the indoor facility. It's fantastic. Any coach would be lucky to have a place like that.