New Single A Big 8

grammar

Dynasty Union City You got to be kidding. They want get out of the region.

And South Fulton won't get out of the district....You do realize that UC beat SF WITHOUT THREE STARTERS AVERAGING OVER 50 POINTS PER GAME BETWEEN THEM.....And UC still was only three points under their 88 ppg average...85-58..But good job for SF for playing better than 3 freshman(first time they have even dressed out on the varsity level) and a guy that didn't start playing with the team till x-mas and Brandon Easley there in the fourth quarter... :lol:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you seen CSAS play? They struggled with chemistry before Christmas but have gone 4-1 since including the Great Smoky Mtn. Classic in North Carolina. They beat a team by 15 who beat Brainerd by 4! Grace lost to Notre Dame this week and the Patriots beat ND by double digits. I just think that you shouldn't plan on Grace being there as a lock yet! I agree that the top two will come from CSAS, Grace, and Temple.

Yes I have, they are playing better now than they were at the first of the year.

...and ND beat East Ridge and ER beat CSAS...

Not a lock at all, whoever peaks at the right time.

does humbolt have any chance vs. the tornadoes

Yes, they do...Humboldt's starting lineup goes at 6'5 Sr., 6'4 Jr., 6'4 So., 6'2 Jr., and 5'7 Jr....6'5 So., 6'3 So., 6'0 Jr., and 5'8 Jr. coming off the bench...Out of those 9, only one is a true big man that isn't all that fast...All the rest are very athletic and can run with anyone...It seems Humboldt does a better job of breaking the press with that lineup in because the 6'2 guy and the 5'7 guy are smart with the basketball and sometimes can break the press by themselves...Also, the big lineup makes it easier to pass over the top when breaking the press...I'm sure UC will still force some turnovers, but I don't look for it to be anything like last game...I actually look for Humboldt to slow it down some on the offensive end against UC and slow the tempo down...True that will be tough to do against UC but I just feel like Humboldt has turned the corner and is just a different team than they were last time...Humboldt by 5 in Humboldt...

Humboldt 81

Union City 76

Sain, Epperson, and Perry will again combine for atleast 50 points as they have the past two games...

Yes, they do...Humboldt's starting lineup goes at 6'5 Sr., 6'4 Jr., 6'4 So., 6'2 Jr., and 5'7 Jr....6'5 So., 6'3 So., 6'0 Jr., and 5'8 Jr. coming off the bench...Out of those 9, only one is a true big man that isn't all that fast...All the rest are very athletic and can run with anyone...It seems Humboldt does a better job of breaking the press with that lineup in because the 6'2 guy and the 5'7 guy are smart with the basketball and sometimes can break the press by themselves...Also, the big lineup makes it easier to pass over the top when breaking the press...I'm sure UC will still force some turnovers, but I don't look for it to be anything like last game...I actually look for Humboldt to slow it down some on the offensive end against UC and slow the tempo down...True that will be tough to do against UC but I just feel like Humboldt has turned the corner and is just a different team than they were last time...Humboldt by 5 in Humboldt...

Humboldt 81

Union City 76

Sain, Epperson, and Perry will again combine for atleast 50 points as they have the past two games...

I hope you are right red because we are going to need some help if we are to have any chance of winning this district. Maybe we can contact those girls again that lured those fellows on that bus last year. That was money well spent. Just kidding :thumb:. Hey did coach Boykin graduate from UTM and did(does) he have a nickname that rhymes with duck.

Edited by spellerone

If Jackson County wins region and Grace has to come to the boro I don't think they can pull another half court buzzer beater off like they did before... JC is playin really good ball right now and if the two teams were to play right now on a neutral site I would give JC the edge... I don't think people are giving JC enough credit.. Grace is good.. But JC had them by 2 with 3 seconds to go and McMasters threw up a prayer and banked it in from half court.. and that was the first game of the season.. So I hope my boys from the boro pull of the cinderella story that ya'll make them out to be.. Cause I've watched them play and they are more than capable of making an appearance in Murfresboro

Better hope there home cooking refs go to state with them cause they will need it if they even make it! witch they wont :thumb: