SHHS v DB

BroadwayBaller

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Moronandgrey, did you read the previous posts? He didn't get a bball scholly. Maybe I know more than you think I do. :lol: I don't hate any local kids. I just know talent when I see it. Over 90% of the bball talent in the state of TN is in Memphis. You can argue until you are blue in the face. Not a knock on the local kids, just facts.

yes i read them...it is a "scholly" regardless of how you slice it....even more impressive that is starts academically then could work into an athletic.

According to the poeple in the "knowe", the offer looks like this:

2007-2008 Georgetown has 15 players for 13 scholarships. That leaves 2 players as walk-ons.

Assuming Jeff Green goes pro that leaves 14 players with 13 scholarships. 1 player is a walk-on

Wattad has agreed to be a conditional walk-on in-so-far as barring injury, or any academic or conduct related ineligibility, he will be a scholarship player from 2008-graduation.

Still a very good accomplishment for a very good player. But Volman you can keep scratching your...uh...head :lol:

And please stop dissing the school colors...its maroon. I dont think I've stooped to named called you...other than Monica which you crowned yourself. Thanks

Edited by maroonandgrey

Moronandgrey, did you read the previous posts? He didn't get a bball scholly. Maybe I know more than you think I do. :lol: I don't hate any local kids. I just know talent when I see it. Over 90% of the bball talent in the state of TN is in Memphis. You can argue until you are blue in the face. Not a knock on the local kids, just facts.

Funny...Rivals list only 3 kids from Tennessee in the top 150:

#68 Antwaine Wiggins Greeneville

#115 Terrence Oglesby Bradley Central

#137 Maurice Miller Raleigh-Egypt

Just facts

Doesn't look like there is much D1-A talent period much less 90% in Memphis

Volman...are you still in the know and looking to the East for the new Science Hill football coach? you might want to turn a 180 and look to the West because I think they just named the Independence head man Scott Smith. Good try though :lol:

yes i read them...it is a "scholly" regardless of how you slice it....even more impressive that is starts academically then could work into an athletic.

According to the poeple in the "knowe", the offer looks like this:

2007-2008 Georgetown has 15 players for 13 scholarships. That leaves 2 players as walk-ons.

Assuming Jeff Green goes pro that leaves 14 players with 13 scholarships. 1 player is a walk-on

Wattad has agreed to be a conditional walk-on in-so-far as barring injury, or any academic or conduct related ineligibility, he will be a scholarship player from 2008-graduation.

Still a very good accomplishment for a very good player. But Volman you can keep scratching your...uh...head :lol:

And please stop dissing the school colors...its maroon. I dont think I've stooped to named called you...other than Monica which you crowned yourself. Thanks

This is a little out of date. I believe Wattad now has a full athletic scholarship. Why? you may ask. Well the hoya roster is now down to 13 players with the transfer of Thornton and Eggerson. The team now will have, (assuming no more pros or transfers) Hibbert, Green, Summers, Sapp, Wallace, Ewing, Macklin, Crawford, Spann, Rivers, Freeman, Wright, and Wattad. Count em up.... that's 13 guys 13 scholarships. 5 seniors...2 juniors...3 sophomores...3 freshman

Edited by BroadwayBaller

This is a little out of date. I believe Wattad now has a full athletic scholarship. Why? you may ask. Well the hoya roster is now down to 13 players with the transfer of Thornton and Eggerson. The team now will have, (assuming no more pros or transfers) Hibbert, Green, Summers, Sapp, Wallace, Ewing, Macklin, Crawford, Spann, Rivers, Freeman, Wright, and Wattad. Count em up.... that's 13 guys 13 scholarships. 5 seniors...2 juniors...3 sophomores...3 freshman

Great news for Omar.

I wasn't sure if that status had changed...either way, academic or athletic, it equals a great step for Wattad. :lol:

Let's not make this out that I'm "dissing" Omar Wattad. Omar is a very good player. He's obviously very smart also. I just don't see him as a Big East bball player. Besides, the most important thing to him will be the great education he'll get. I hope he proves me wrong. I wish him the best. I've only been wrong once that I know of. :D On that note, congrats to Scott Smith. Hey, I like the name. :lol:

Let's not make this out that I'm "dissing" Omar Wattad. Omar is a very good player. He's obviously very smart also. I just don't see him as a Big East bball player. Besides, the most important thing to him will be the great education he'll get. I hope he proves me wrong. I wish him the best. I've only been wrong once that I know of. :D On that note, congrats to Scott Smith. Hey, I like the name. ;)

Why wouldn't he prove you wrong.....Everybody else has. ;)