SHHS v DB

BroadwayBaller

Maybe people would take your posts more serious if you didn't call everybody who disagrees with you idiots or morons.

I could also see your point about the high school coaches if the AAU teams in this area competed better in the states. But they don't, they usually get beat by the Memphis teams as well.

I think you said in an earlier post that NE TN doesn't compete well with teams from Knoxville, Chatt, or Nashville. The teams in this area seem to play well against those teams. I know when Central went to UTC this summer they hardly lost a game. It is the Memphis teams that blow NE TN (and usually the other areas of the state) out, and unfortunately if a NE TN team makes it to the state they will always have to play a Memphis team first round because that is how they draw the brackets out.

Good point Brock. White Station thumped everyone they played at state for 3 straight years, not just the NE teams. Maybe WaCo will heed your fatherly advice.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he has his best team this year. If he does well this year also, I'll call him a "state level coach" I think he has proven he is the best among these Northeast Tn. coaches. Thats a no brainer.

Man Waco you are a hard sell...you should give the guy some points for having a 2-year-old at 55...probably a tougher job than winning regional :thumb:

Duncan is a very good coach. This years squad is very good but I don't think is is his best. The squad with Dabbs(Carson Newman), Story(Tusculum), Malone(UTC), Blair (Maryville), Gillespie (UTC football) was probably the best. He has put as many kids in college basketball the last few years as anyone in East TN if not more. Charlie Morgan is a good coach and demands alot from his players on and off the court, some kids don't respond to that well. Another good coach is John Dyer who always gets a great effort out his players and they play fundamentals , he just doesn't have the overall talent others have year in year out. As for Pitts he changed the way the game was played in East TN. In the late 80's early 90's he had some very good athletes and the pressure defense up tempo style was new to the area. Now in 2007 Everybody tries to push the ball and trap on the floor and SH is being caught by everyone else as they have had 20 years to catch up against the system.

I'm still not sure Wattad is Georgetown quality talent. He's good but I'm still scratching my head on that scholly. Maybe it was Georgetown Kentucky.

That is why you are sitting on the other side of a keyboard tearing down high school kids (Wattad, Throp, all ETenn athletes other than Phillips) for not being D1-A and then when someone gets a D1-A "scholly" you scratch your...uh head :thumb:. Obviously, the coaches at G-town are a little more in the "know" than you. But just keep your head in the clouds and keep hatin on the local athletes...other than your boy :thumb:

Man Waco you are a hard sell...you should give the guy some points for having a 2-year-old at 55...probably a tougher job than winning regional :thumb:

You know barb, your probably right. And he has his team ranked #1 right now. Some say Greenville doesn't deserve #1. But they are for sure a top 10 team, and that puts you in the hunt.

You know barb, your probably right. And he has his team ranked #1 right now. Some say Greenville doesn't deserve #1. But they are for sure a top 10 team, and that puts you in the hunt.

I think they are probably middle of the pack but if you see who was eligible to vote in this weeks AP it had a definite ET slant. How does the Big 9 shake down for tonite...can East pull the upset?

That is why you are sitting on the other side of a keyboard tearing down high school kids (Wattad, Throp, all ETenn athletes other than Phillips) for not being D1-A and then when someone gets a D1-A "scholly" you scratch your...uh head :thumb:. Obviously, the coaches at G-town are a little more in the "know" than you. But just keep your head in the clouds and keep hatin on the local athletes...other than your boy :thumb:

Mo-RonScott is tearing down the local athletes just to be oppsite from me. He knowes nothing about the athletes or the coaches. Its just to make a argument with me. Mo-Ron, notice how I spelled know(e)s, I bet that really made you mad. :D

Moronandgrey, did you read the previous posts? He didn't get a bball scholly. Maybe I know more than you think I do. :D I don't hate any local kids. I just know talent when I see it. Over 90% of the bball talent in the state of TN is in Memphis. You can argue until you are blue in the face. Not a knock on the local kids, just facts.

Moronandgrey, did you read the previous posts? He didn't get a bball scholly. Maybe I know more than you think I do. :thumb: I don't hate any local kids. I just know talent when I see it. Over 90% of the bball talent in the state of TN is in Memphis. You can argue until you are blue in the face. Not a knock on the local kids, just facts.

The gift that just keeps on giving :D

Ok, sinse you know so much and your stating facts. Prove that "fact" to us about the over 90% talent.

You are such a Mo-Ron :thumb: