SHHS v DB

BroadwayBaller

Maybe people would take your posts more serious if you didn't call everybody who disagrees with you idiots or morons.

I could also see your point about the high school coaches if the AAU teams in this area competed better in the states. But they don't, they usually get beat by the Memphis teams as well.

I think you said in an earlier post that NE TN doesn't compete well with teams from Knoxville, Chatt, or Nashville. The teams in this area seem to play well against those teams. I know when Central went to UTC this summer they hardly lost a game. It is the Memphis teams that blow NE TN (and usually the other areas of the state) out, and unfortunately if a NE TN team makes it to the state they will always have to play a Memphis team first round because that is how they draw the brackets out.

The reason for the Mo-Ron and Idiot labels is because people insist on taking my post and twisting it to mean something entirely different than what it says. All to try to support their argument. Not because they disagree with me. Please tell me what coaches in Northeast Tn. can compete with the best coaches in Knoxville, Chattanooga, or Nashville areas. We all know Memphis plays the best basketball. That still don't get the area's coaches off the hook.

Edited by WaCoJaCo

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surrounded by Idiots.

Can you show me where I said you had to win a state championship to be a good coach? Im talking about being compedtive with the rest of the state. Going to the state tournment and actually winning a game or two, instead of getting blown out every year. Has Central beat any good teams outside of Northeast Tn.? Van Huss made more trips to the State Tournment when he was at DB than any other coach in the state. And his teams always made a good showing when they were there. He never won the state but he had everyones respect. In those days the benchmark was to play in the state tournment. Now the benchmark is to win the big 9 or beat Science Hill. George Pitts was the last good coach this area had. There are no good coaches in this area now.The jury is still out on the Greenville coach. If he does well in the tourney (or even makes it) I would probably say he's a pretty good coach.

You actually made my point for me with your comments about Pitts and the current SH coach. So your not a complete Idiot. (just kidding)

The jury is still out??? He has made it to the tourney 3 out of 6 years including one final 4 and lost to the eventual champion last year in a game that was tight until the 4th quarter.

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. You don't have a clue about sports and in particular coaching. D-B has 3 of the best coaches in the state in Ritz, Clark and Morgan. Ritz won the state at North, Clark would have won a state if he had taken the job that was offered to him a few years ago, and didn't Morgan win a state in Salem? Not positive about that. Just because you don't win a state at D-B doesn't mean you can't coach. Did you ever even play any high school ball? I'm betting the farthest you ever got in sports was playing at the Boys Club in Kingsport when you were about 10 years old. Be honest. I'm right aren't I?

Your awful uppity for a guy that is about to become the all time Mo-Ron of CoachT in about 12 hrs.

The jury is still out??? He has made it to the tourney 3 out of 6 years including one final 4 and lost to the eventual champion last year in a game that was tight until the 4th quarter.

I think he has his best team this year. If he does well this year also, I'll call him a "state level coach" I think he has proven he is the best among these Northeast Tn. coaches. Thats a no brainer.

Let me see now, are you saying there is no talent in Northeast Tn.?

I believe......No wait, I know Mo-RonScott and Monica Lewenski are the same person.

Plenty of talent here in NETN. Just not the kind my man Pearl looks for. He has to travel west for that kind of talent. Wattad and Wiggins are the only ones even relatively close. I'm still not sure Wattad is Georgetown quality talent. He's good but I'm still scratching my head on that scholly. Maybe it was Georgetown Kentucky.

Plenty of talent here in NETN. Just not the kind my man Pearl looks for. He has to travel west for that kind of talent. Wattad and Wiggins are the only ones even relatively close. I'm still not sure Wattad is Georgetown quality talent. He's good but I'm still scratching my head on that scholly. Maybe it was Georgetown Kentucky.

GOT IN ON GRADES NOT ON ATHLETIC AID = BUT A VERY GOOD PLAYER A FREE PLAYER FOR THE HOYAS

Over Duncan's tenure (now in his 7th season at Greeneville) these are the transfers - Wiggins - contrary to popular belief, this kid fell into Greeneville's lap as his folks wanted to get out of the area they were living. Murner, who was here all of one year before his dad got a better job back in FL where they were originally from (you would think that if a coach recruited a kid from FL, he could keep him for more than his sophmore year). Boone, whose dad took the job as Tusculum's head coach (now there is recruting job - get the kid's dad a job as the head basketball coach at the local college - for those of your geographically challenged, most of those who work at Tusculum College live in Greeneville) and Woods, a 5' 8" guard who doesn't shoot well from Newport who sat out last year and is now playing his senior year. You are right, they are the transfer Devils - kind of makes you wonder how they are not on probation with all the illegal activity.

DUNCAN should have 2 or 3 cars for next yrs transfers :D:D just kidding, he has only one <_<

Right now there is no bball scholarship for Omar. He has to wait for 1 to be vacated. If it doesn't he either has an academic scholarship or a BIG bill.