SHHS v DB

BroadwayBaller

The "ultimate high school athlete" includes the classroom too. Note the BCS Championship game Monday night. When things went bad for OS they started talking about #11 Gonzalaz 4.0 and going to law school. Unfortunately, the "no child left behind law" made sure athletes passed. Schools cant afford to have kids not passing. If we REALLY want to talk about the best East Tenn. athletes lets talk about the ones that graduated from colleges. Even though you may get a scholarship, Coach Clark doesnt put your college team picture up in the field house unless you graduate.

Where do you teach school?

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where do you teach school?

A person doesnt have to teach formally to understand the definition of a student athlete and the $value$ of an education. As much as the coaches would love to get every player a scholarship, the coaches are protective of their reputation on who they are pushing for a scholarship. They know if a kid is going last 4 years and graduate. I have seen several instances of ave. athletes getting a scholarship because of the classroom. PS WaCo, FYI I graduated from the School of Hard Knocks and still learning! Judging from the posts, perhaps you should attend a class.

A person doesnt have to teach formally to understand the definition of a student athlete and the $value$ of an education. As much as the coaches would love to get every player a scholarship, the coaches are protective of their reputation on who they are pushing for a scholarship. They know if a kid is going last 4 years and graduate. I have seen several instances of ave. athletes getting a scholarship because of the classroom. PS WaCo, FYI I graduated from the School of Hard Knocks and still learning! Judging from the posts, perhaps you should attend a class.

I think you took one hard knock to many. Judging from your post :thumb:

Caution WaCo. I KNOW who and what you are, BUT you have No clue about me. Try as you must to keep the dialogue on an adult level. Thanks

Don't even try to pull that carnival crap on me. "Caution" :lol: What are you going to do, poision my dog?

How can I keep it on a adult level talking to you? And actually, I KNOW exactly who you are. You know you should be careful what you tell your friends. The only way to keep a secret is to "keep a secret" ;)

Don't even try to pull that carnival crap on me. "Caution" ;) What are you going to do, poision my dog?

How can I keep it on a adult level talking to you? And actually, I KNOW exactly who you are. You know you should be careful what you tell your friends. The only way to keep a secret is to "keep a secret" :lol:

Nope, I like your dog and you too. Now for some of your other friends you have made on here, you may need to sleep with your dog. I prefer Six Flags.