Will Greeneville Coast to the State?

IMACJack

Omar has his ride. I don’t think Coach Cutlip is satisfied with just winning …he realizes that there is life after Wattad. And what is the big problem…Science Hill has only lost ONE game that counted all season long and that was the loss to DB. His game plan makes great sense to me…he is developing and getting his future players (most of which are sophomores) real game time experience while at the same time WINNING GAMES. That's called building a program. Those of you that don’t understand and criticizes his use of Wattad will be eating crow for the next two years :ph34r: !! He is also in more of an inner city situation than most of us, and some of his decisions about who plays and who doesn’t goes well beyond basketball. I’m willing to bet that come tournament time Mr. Wattad will have more than his share of the spotlight.

I'm sure he will. :thumb:

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Omar has his ride. I don’t think Coach Cutlip is satisfied with just winning …he realizes that there is life after Wattad. And what is the big problem…Science Hill has only lost ONE game that counted all season long and that was the loss to DB. His game plan makes great sense to me…he is developing and getting his future players (most of which are sophomores) real game time experience while at the same time WINNING GAMES. That's called building a program. Those of you that don’t understand and criticizes his use of Wattad will be eating crow for the next two years <_< !! He is also in more of an inner city situation than most of us, and some of his decisions about who plays and who doesn’t goes well beyond basketball. I’m willing to bet that come tournament time Mr. Wattad will have more than his share of the spotlight.

that said... other guys have to step up. They've had the whole season.. including the first half where omar didn't even start, to step up and play as a team, and they still don't do it well. When wattad is in the game, everyone else just coasts. If he's not in the game everyone else doesn't try any harder. If your always worried about developing players you won;t ever worry about the present. Guys on that team have to realize that Wattad is the cornerstone of their team, or they won't win in the playoffs. Do you think that you can honestly say the rest of the team will win in district, or in region without Wattad putting up numbers? I dont think so... Last year for example a team that was loaded with seniors couldn't even get a double digit scorer besides Wattad in the region vs Greeneville, and in district championship against Central. If they want to win NOW they need to revolve the game around Wattad. That doesn't mean let him jack it up when he feels like it, but it means scripting some of the play calls to ensure he touches the ball, so he can at least get other guys open looks. Also, with an impact player like Omar you have to know that you will get open looks as a role player and you have to practice shooting. These kids worry more about their cross over than their jumpshot, that is a coaching issue. The talent is there, the work ethic is not, and that starts with the coach and trickles down

Edited by BroadwayBaller

Dont know about the rest of the state but Wiggins is the best all around player in the East. He is simply too tough for the East and dont know if there is any player that has his all around ability or could match up with him?Oglesby can shoot with the best ,but is one dimensional. I expect Greeneville to dominate not just the regular season as they are 19-1 but also the regionals and sub state. After all who in the East can stop them em?

WATTAD IS THE BEST PLAYER IN THE EAST ...!! BY FAR !!

I don’t know about that. 36 points was enough to beat down the Tribe…or have you forgotten!!! And that was in Buck’s dome with the always present DB alumni referees in affect. :thumb:

One thing for sure the DB alumni refs don't get to go the Bahamas, get all that free gear they get at the Arby's. They love Tennessee High and the Arby's so much they even propose marriage at halftime of the championship game. :thumb:

Omar has his ride. I don’t think Coach Cutlip is satisfied with just winning …he realizes that there is life after Wattad. And what is the big problem…Science Hill has only lost ONE game that counted all season long and that was the loss to DB. His game plan makes great sense to me…he is developing and getting his future players (most of which are sophomores) real game time experience while at the same time WINNING GAMES. That's called building a program. Those of you that don’t understand and criticizes his use of Wattad will be eating crow for the next two years :lol: !! He is also in more of an inner city situation than most of us, and some of his decisions about who plays and who doesn’t goes well beyond basketball. I’m willing to bet that come tournament time Mr. Wattad will have more than his share of the spotlight.

In the few times that I have seen the kid play, it definitely seems that the coach is holding him back. I haven't seen Wiggins play, but Omar is as good as I have seen this year. With that said, slow down Omar- stop the Hill. That's alot easier said than done, but DB and Central has done it. Unless mor playmakers step up, I don't see The Hill going past regionals.

I don’t know about that. 36 points was enough to beat down the Tribe…or have you forgotten!!! And that was in Buck’s dome with the always present DB alumni referees in affect. :D

THS caught DB at the right time when they weren't playing well and one of thier best players, if not the best was out. We'll see what happens in Bristol.

In the few times that I have seen the kid play, it definitely seems that the coach is holding him back. I haven't seen Wiggins play, but Omar is as good as I have seen this year. With that said, slow down Omar- stop the Hill. That's alot easier said than done, but DB and Central has done it. Unless mor playmakers step up, I don't see The Hill going past regionals.

THS caught DB at the right time when they weren't playing well and one of thier best players, if not the best was out. We'll see what happens in Bristol.

At least Duncan is not afraid to feature his star player (Wiggins). I know some coaches are "jealous" of their star players and intentionally hold them back. They seem to be trying to say the real reason we win is because I am a great coach not because we have the best player or players. Where have all the great coaches gone? To Greeneville? Duncan is too wise to be jealous of his players and knows how to motivate the least of them! Plus he is not into playing politics . Integrity is the key. Players respect that in a coach and respond accordingly. No wonder some teams fall apart with all the talent (players) in the world.

At least Duncan is not afraid to feature his star player (Wiggins). I know some coaches are "jealous" of their star players and intentionally hold them back. They seem to be trying to say the real reason we win is because I am a great coach not because we have the best player or players. Where have all the great coaches gone? To Greeneville? Duncan is too wise to be jealous of his players and knows how to motivate the least of them! Plus he is not into playing politics . Integrity is the key. Players respect that in a coach and respond accordingly. No wonder some teams fall apart with all the talent (players) in the world.

No kidding....just imagine if wiggins and wattad were on the same team.... they'd compete nationally not just in state

How does Wiggins compare to Omar? Any D1 offers? Rumor had it Duncan applied for the Maryville position last year. Wonder why if that is true they didn't jump on him? Go thing for the other 4AAA teams that they didn't :P