Will Greeneville Coast to the State?

IMACJack

How come Ridgeway isn't ranked? They seem to be the only team from this state to challenge RE so far this year.

I don't pretend to be an expert on rankings, however, based upon what I have read, the strength of schedule and the overall effectiveness of the TEAM against their opponents are what is used in determining a rank.

I would not highly rank a team whose wins, no matter how many they may be nor how wide the point spread may be, were against less talented teams in or out of the state.

I was at the game when Ridgeway won against RE. I can, without any doubt, tell you that RE did NOT play their game. It's called "when bad things happen to good teams". Every program has an off night. I am glad it was early in the season and not later as the loss has little significance at this stage of the season.

The loss hurt "feelings" more than RE's record simply because of the mutual rivalry between the teams.

I wish RE had fans who were as outspoken as many from other parts of the state. It appears that most of the posts to COACHT.COM are from outside of Memphis.

Regardless, it will be the final game in the State Championship that determines the winner. RE has been to state many times and has not come away with the gold ball. Hopefully, this season will be different.

Good Luck to all.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic