Will Greeneville Coast to the State?

IMACJack

I think Wattad had 11 going into the 4th qtr tues. night. Sensabaugh did a great job of defending him. Wattad was very frustrated and was even having trouble hitting foul shots. Morgan backed off the pressure in the 4th. qtr. and thats when Wattad got hot. Morgan almost let Science Hill back in the game.

Wattad had 18 at DB (prior to getting elbowed in the head) and he finished with 20 at the palace. The real stat is everyone else on the toppers can't seem to throw a grape in the ocean when they play DB. True, Coty did slow wattad down, and frustrate his game, but NO support = NO win for the toppers. GOOD TEAM effort by the INDIANS (emphasis on TEAM)

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No doubt Wiggins is a good player, but since Greenville has only played one top notch tem, Bradley Central, it would be foolhardy to predict they will coast through the State tournament. Even Science Hill is not much of a powerhouse. Wait until they get through the first few rounds against some of the top Knoxville teams that they haven't faced so far, and then we can talk about it.

I can tell you one thing, they sure did not play a powerhouse Fri. night. How bad is Jeff. Co?

No doubt Wiggins is a good player, but since Greenville has only played one top notch tem, Bradley Central, it would be foolhardy to predict they will coast through the State tournament. Even Science Hill is not much of a powerhouse. Wait until they get through the first few rounds against some of the top Knoxville teams that they haven't faced so far, and then we can talk about it.

Greenville is just as much a “powerhouse” as Bradley Central. After all..who has Bradley Central played this year except Greenville, Red Bank, and Oak Ridge and they lost to all three. B)B)

Greenville is just as much a “powerhouse” as Bradley Central. After all..who has Bradley Central played this year except Greenville, Red Bank, and Oak Ridge and they lost to all three. B)B)

Cap, do you think East Tn has a true "powerhouse" this year or are Raleigh-Egypt and Liberty the only teams in the state with legitimate claim to that title?

Bradley Central Lost to Greeneville, SPLIT with Red Bank (the best team in Chattanooga) and beat Oak Ridge.

Folks how can anyone that saw SHHS paly Greenville, even compare Wiggins and Wattad? Wattad dominated Wiigins on both sides of the baal,I see how Wattad is going to Georgetown!

Omar Wattad is hands down the best in East Tenn!

Folks how can anyone that saw SHHS paly Greenville, even compare Wiggins and Wattad? Wattad dominated Wiigins on both sides of the baal,I see how Wattad is going to Georgetown!

Omar Wattad is hands down the best in East Tenn!

I hope you get the opportunity to see Antwaine play again when he doesn't have the flu. He is a much better player than his performance in the SH game.

I hope you get the opportunity to see Antwaine play again when he doesn't have the flu. He is a much better player than his performance in the SH game.

I agree.. Antwaine is much better than what we saw from him, but don't use his sickness as an excuse... a lot of his difficulties that night were due to Wattad's exceptional play. SO yes don't let that game be the basis for how you judge antwaine as a player... but do factor in Omar's play as a substantial reason as to why Antwaine struggled like he did.

I agree.. Antwaine is much better than what we saw from him, but don't use his sickness as an excuse... a lot of his difficulties that night were due to Wattad's exceptional play. SO yes don't let that game be the basis for how you judge antwaine as a player... but do factor in Omar's play as a substantial reason as to why Antwaine struggled like he did.

I don't believe my post was an excuse...I simply made note that Antwaine was sick and was not on his game. If he had been, Omar might not been as effective in shutting him down. Kind of a catch-22 don't you think. I think to truly measure the two, we need a healthy Antwaine vs a healthy Omar.

I don't believe my post was an excuse...I simply made note that Antwaine was sick and was not on his game. If he had been, Omar might not been as effective in shutting him down. Kind of a catch-22 don't you think. I think to truly measure the two, we need a healthy Antwaine vs a healthy Omar.

Barb, just give Omar credit! He played a good game and leave it at that. Seems to me, you stay on PTS over on the girls board for making excuses about how many bad calls they get each night. Just give credit where credit is due and wait until they meet again and then get on your "soap box". Until then, Omar had the better game and SH won.

Barb, just give Omar credit! He played a good game and leave it at that. Seems to me, you stay on PTS over on the girls board for making excuses about how many bad calls they get each night. Just give credit where credit is due and wait until they meet again and then get on your "soap box". Until then, Omar had the better game and SH won.

I stay on PT because he accuses officials of deliberate bias not because he makes excuses. I cannot argue that Omar had the better game but after watching both in the Arby's Classic, I am not quite ready to say Omar is the better player.