TOP 10 PLAYERS FROM "WEST TENNESSEE"

Billyjoe02

Gilliam is a good player and just a soph and next year and the year after,we will be mentioning his name in the top 10.I think that he is at least top 15 in the soph class in Tenn and he will continue to get better.The thing with Nick,correct me if im wrong Treefitty cause i only seen him play about 5 times and read about the games in the Messenger,is that he is not consistant every game.The way Nick plays is the way the team plays.As he gets older and continue to improve,I know that he will be a consistant ball player.I also have to give OC credit last nite as they took it right at UC.I thought after halftime that UC would take control,but it never happened,cause Central played all out until the game was over.One thing that i noticed that might hurt UC in the long run is that we foul to much and put teams in the bonus,were they shoot freethrows to stay in the game.We have to learn to get in a better defensive postion and to quit reaching and fouling so much especially when they 80 ft from the basket.Thats what you get when you play 94 ft the whole game,but we have to learn to get in better postion.

That would be my major flaw with Gilliam....He isn't consistent game in and game out.....Once he starts playing with consistency you will see him dropping 30-35 points a game all the time, not just some times....He has some work to do, and once he fine tunes his game....He will be up there with the rest of the top players in West Tennessee...

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That would be my major flaw with Gilliam....He isn't consistent game in and game out.....Once he starts playing with consistency you will see him dropping 30-35 points a game all the time, not just some times....He has some work to do, and once he fine tunes his game....He will be up there with the rest of the top players in West Tennessee...

Gilliam played very good. If obion had blake davis it could make a run for the district. They need another player to take the scoring load off Gilliam. but very impressive game by obion. I saw that Obion took the game as what it was a rivally Union city took it as gleason. but take nothing away Obion is a better team than earler in the season.

You need to worry about Union City Tomorrow. Liberty hater. Liberty will beat Oak Hill Academy on Friday. Have a good day Lake County fluff. :D

I not as much as a liberty hater as you are insain if you think that liberty is goin to beat oak hill. We have a better chance at beating union city as yall beating oak hill. Oak hill will treat yall like Union city treats gleason. I goin with 25 or better that oak hill beats yall. Jennings is goin to be the one that hurts yall the most. Anthony Sampson better grow 10 inch so that Jennings won't jump over him to dunk. Brandon might do like nate roberson dunking over spud webb on little anthony sampson. Brandon might not even see him the whole game he would be on the bottom of his shoe.

I not as much as a liberty hater as you are insain if you think that liberty is goin to beat oak hill. We have a better chance at beating union city as yall beating oak hill. Oak hill will treat yall like Union city treats gleason. I goin with 25 or better that oak hill beats yall. Jennings is goin to be the one that hurts yall the most. Anthony Sampson better grow 10 inch so that Jennings won't jump over him to dunk. Brandon might do like nate roberson dunking over spud webb on little anthony sampson. Brandon might not even see him the whole game he would be on the bottom of his shoe.

I'm not (I not as much as a Liberty hater). Terrible grammar, but listening to some of your threads I have come to this conclusion. 1.) I understand you are a product of Lake County 2.) You are a Liberty hater 3.) You are someone that believes in the hype. 4.) You don't know anything about basketball, so do me a favor and stick to marbles, because you definately sound like a marbles kind of "guy". Liberty will not get blown out. Rankings are for idiots like yourself, in fact it should be called politics not rankings. It will be no suprise if Liberty defeats Oak Hill, just like it was no suprise to me that Simeon defeated Oak Hill. Simeon has been a powerhouse for the last 25 years or better. How do I know this? It is not because of the rankings, it's because I am from that area. Rankings are good for people like yourself who don't leave their area. One thing is for certain, Win or lose the Liberty Crusaders will be crowned class AA back to back state champions on March 17, 2007. Basketball is played on the court not on paper, but being a Lake County fan I know you are use to paper champions. If Liberty doesn't win the state championship, I will get on Coach T and make a public apology to you. You take the threads to personal, but a lack of education would do that. Have a good day marble player. By the way where I come from guys don't play marbles.

:thumb:

Edited by nebuntyn

I'm not (I not as much as a Liberty hater). Terrible grammar, but listening to some of your threads I have come to this conclusion. 1.) I understand you are a product of Lake County 2.) You are a Liberty hater 3.) You are someone that believes in the hype. 4.) You don't know anything about basketball, so do me a favor and stick to marbles, because you definately sound like a marbles kind of "guy". Liberty will not get blown out. Rankings are for idiots like yourself, in fact it should be called politics not rankings. It will be no suprise if Liberty defeats Oak Hill, just like it was no suprise to me that Simeon defeated Oak Hill. Simeon has been a powerhouse for the last 25 years or better. How do I know this? It is not because of the rankings, it's because I am from that area. Rankings are good for people like yourself who don't leave their area. One thing is for certain, Win or lose the Liberty Crusaders will be crowned class AA back to back state champions on March 17, 2007. Basketball is played on the court not on paper, but being a Lake County fan I know you are use to paper champions. If Liberty doesn't win the state championship, I will get on Coach T and make a public apology to you. You take the threads to personal, but a lack of education would do that. Have a good day marble player. By the way where I come from guys don't play marbles.

:D

:unsure:

:unsure:

I really don't care where you are from. You needed to stay in the windy city in the first place. Simeon is and has been a nation power but i've seen very good basketball being played in memphis. I've gone to state tournment that have produced National top 10 teams in them. With the likes of the 90's White Station, Brentwood, Memphis East and Reigh Egypt. Seen Nation Top players come from this state in Penny Hardaway, Kirt Haston, Ron Mercer, Tony Harris, Robert O'Kelly, Trey Person, and Tony Delk. So yes i know a little about Basketball. I know also that Chicago has produce a lot of talent as well. The most notible player to me would be Kevin Garnett. I agree with you that liberty should win the state in AA. I don't agree on the fact that Liberty will win against Oak Hill. I've seen both of these teams play and i was impressed with both. But Oak Hill out score the team i saw in the hoopfest by 40 points in the second half. And i think the team was peroria, ILL. Which wasn't a bad team at all. If liberty wins i will eat my chow on coach t and will deserve it. But i expect around 25 or alittle more. And i will gladly eat it if liberty pull the upset. Good luck to liberty on the season and i hope to see you in the state. Don't worry I not going to root against Liberty in the state because I want west tennessee to bring three gold balls home. Peace and i hope this message will show that i'm more than a marble player.

Well I think Bret Jackson is a good player but he isn't near the top 10 players in WEst Tennessee. Adamsville plays in that BS district with no one in it at all thats worth beating a middle school team. Anyone who plays sorry scotts hill and riverside should average double figures with ease.

well bud, i can't say that i disagree about the difficulty of the district, but i must say that he holds his own no matter who he plays... check the schedule man... 10 10 and 9 aint too bad against teams like Franklin, MCHS, Memphis Kirby, and Middleton... but yeah on those nights he plays the district opponents its just that much more entertaining....