Jefferson County Position by Position

PatriotMan

On that last post, CJA told me today that the jamboree was at C-N, but I think Motown plans on it coming back to burke toney this year

Not sure of how much the conference had to spend on the deal last year (and how much West and East would lose in concession sales on their rotating years), but I thought having the Five Rivers + Jefferson County Jamboree at CNC was great.

Not that my opinion matters, much.

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure of how much the conference had to spend on the deal last year (and how much West and East would lose in concession sales on their rotating years), but I thought having the Five Rivers + Jefferson County Jamboree at CNC was great.

Not that my opinion matters, much.

I think C-N charges a pretty penny to rent out Burke-Tarr, plus I guess it's a pride thing for Morristown to want to have it at their place, no matter how much nicer C-N is.

24-Aug Greeneville Home

31-Aug Morristown West Away

7-Sep Campbell County Away

14-Sep Morristown East Home

21-Sep Dobyns Bennett Home

28-Sep Cocke County Away

5-Oct Knoxville Karns Home

12-Oct Science Hill Away

19-Oct Sevier County Away

26-Oct OPEN

2-Nov Knoxville Bearden Home

I was looking at the Schedule, and was trying to see who I thought Jeff Co. would dominate. I only see one which would be Cocke Co.

The second item was who would Jeff Co. just beat. Campbell Co.

I then looked to see who I thought would beat them. Morristown West, DB, Science Hill, Sevier Co., and Bearden.

The final area I looked at was who I thought Jeff County would struggle with and go either way. Karns, Morristown East, and Greeneville. Although I think that they will lose to East, and Greeneville, they will pull one out against Karns.

Remember this is just my opinion. I might be totally wrong, but we will not know until years end. Good luck to the Patriots.

Edited by LEONARDSLOSERS

Remember this is just my opinion. I might be totally wrong, but we will not know until years end. Good luck to the Patriots.

Overall a sound approach to looking at Jeff's season, and perhaps it will be correct. However, with the coaching change and the expanded numbers Jeff's season is going to be hard to predict. I remember the heydays of Jeff football (MoWest graduate and fan) and believe they are fighting to return to their glory days. The coaches and players are going to do everything they can this year to prove that the change was necessary and for the best. I for one hope Jeff is able to turn it around (at least until the West game).

I do feel Jeff will have problems with their 5A opponents, but I think they will fare better this year against their 4A (hopefully, not West) opponents. Again, the main reason is the coaching change. I look back to last year and what Hatcher did with East. That was truly an amazing turn around. With a larger school and more students to fill a team, Jeff could be turned into a powerhouse sooner rather than later.

However, as you say we will not know until the end of the year.

The key to me is that for the 1st time since the 04 season Jeff County will be led by mostly juniors and seniors. Now I think its fairly obviously that we won`t be as raw athletic as the 01-04 teams, but I think natural progression would lead you to think that the win total will go up rather than down based on what players are coming back. If last season's team goes 3-7 with a large group of sophomores and juniors, then without even looking at the schedule(a schedule I think has gotten easier since dropping O.R) it would be logical to project 4-6 wins with mostly juniors and seniors. Another thing I think plays a part is that there was not a dramatic shift in systems. For the coaches this is an easy transition because the offensive system is very familiar to what Jeff County ran up until 2002. The shift from the I-formation to split back veer is a change, but it is not nearly as dramatic as some of the other changes we`ve had going from split back to the wing-t then the wing-t to the I-formation.

Since its so early in the year its very hard to predict exactly how the season will go, but for me I think its safe to predict 4-6 wins. Who those wins will be against can then be narrowed down as the season gets closer, and into the season.