Independence Coaching Search

donathan5507

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can verify for a 100% FACT that Centennial was about one Science Hill interview and some cold feet away from having quite possibly the best staff in Middle Tennessee whether Scott Smith was a part of it or not. This guy from Fairview may do very well there, but the staff they had lined up would have been a great group that has a lot of chemistry and history. Its no secret that Mose Phillips would have been the long-term beneficiary of this deal as a down-the-road successor after Scott bailed and took the SH job, but it all fell apart because of some politics and some other minor issues. WIP is right on the ball on this one. I don't blame him for not naming names because one of these guys is still gainfully employed as a head coach in Middle Tennessee. It was an absolute SHOCKER when I heard it, but when you heard the six or seven staff names thrown around, it made so much sense. If these guys would have been able to piece their whole staff together, it would have been sweet music over on Mallory Lane.

BTW, sorry I haven't been on much WIP, but thanks for the heads up on this a while back. I checked on this through some "sources" I have in some athletic "scouting" departments and it checked out.

Nine,

I don't doubt for one second about the validity of the information, however when things are said and names aren't mentioned then the credibility suffers. How can someone question it if they don't have the facts? I am not saying you mention the names, but why bring it up if you can't? That's all. I know....why am I bringing up credibility on a discussion forum...oxymoron isn't it? Sometime the best course of action is to not post it. Can lead to too much speculation.

Well, I did ask some of the powers-at-be about this one and no one could confirm that Smith had a staff lined up. I also talked to some people at other schools and they never heard of this either. Unless someone wants to clarify with some specifics, I'm starting to believe this is nothing more than a rumor.

Edited by CHS 2007

Nine,

I don't doubt for one second about the validity of the information, however when things are said and names aren't mentioned then the credibility suffers. How can someone question it if they don't have the facts? I am not saying you mention the names, but why bring it up if you can't? That's all. I know....why am I bringing up credibility on a discussion forum...oxymoron isn't it? Sometime the best course of action is to not post it. Can lead to too much speculation.

I really apologize guys. I think I always bring a fair dialogue on here and don't normally hold punches, but I honestly can not tell you guys what went down at Centennial right now. There may be a time and a place where I can, but not is not the time. I really respect the heck out of all the parties involved and I can't risk losing their respect just to disclose this information. Hope y'all understand.

I really apologize guys. I think I always bring a fair dialogue on here and don't normally hold punches, but I honestly can not tell you guys what went down at Centennial right now. There may be a time and a place where I can, but not is not the time. I really respect the heck out of all the parties involved and I can't risk losing their respect just to disclose this information. Hope y'all understand.

It's no big secret, just a bunch of banjo pickers from metro were trying to ride on the great deciever's fame. Search the past history of working together to get the names and then see who laughs. :lol:

It's no big secret, just a bunch of banjo pickers from metro were trying to ride on the great deciever's fame. Search the past history of working together to get the names and then see who laughs. :lol:

Banjo pickers trying to ride on Smith's fame? While Smith may be famous around the midstate area, the others involved werent trying to ride his fame anywhere. The two that I have mentioned just wanted to find a way to coach together again and look forward to a new challenge. Dont know what your problem is with the guys that you seem to know, but both guys I mentioned are very well respected by their peers.

Banjo pickers trying to ride on Smith's fame? While Smith may be famous around the midstate area, the others involved werent trying to ride his fame anywhere. The two that I have mentioned just wanted to find a way to coach together again and look forward to a new challenge. Dont know what your problem is with the guys that you seem to know, but both guys I mentioned are very well respected by their peers.

LILAL

Just dug some quick stuff up: What in the world has happened to 5a teams in nashville?The quality of play is a joke, and it looks like they still have plenty of talent, so what is the answer. :lol:, Who is in charge in metro, both teams were denied the opportunity to compete on the floor for the championship, although Mcg. was awarded the trophy it did not satisfy the players.This incident shows the public can not trust the system and gives reason to look elsewhere to provide their children with a proper education., Another metro cretin pops up on the porch with his banjo. Must be hard to get all your posts in during a school day. Hunters Lane has no answer for The Green Wave offense or defense . Big, Big, win for GHS, Let us ponder, a weight- disadvantaged hires an age disadvantaged, and a hair diadvantaged, and this is going to turn a win disadvantaged team into the playoffs?

Do you ever have anything positive to say at all? Out of the four posts I was able to find, on three of them you bashed metro coaches and on one you bashed a Wilson Co. team. I am sure that if I had the same character as you I could find something negative to say about your precious Green Wave but I wont.

Edited by workinprogress

LILAL

Just dug some quick stuff up: What in the world has happened to 5a teams in nashville?The quality of play is a joke, and it looks like they still have plenty of talent, so what is the answer. :lol:, Who is in charge in metro, both teams were denied the opportunity to compete on the floor for the championship, although Mcg. was awarded the trophy it did not satisfy the players.This incident shows the public can not trust the system and gives reason to look elsewhere to provide their children with a proper education., Another metro cretin pops up on the porch with his banjo. Must be hard to get all your posts in during a school day. Hunters Lane has no answer for The Green Wave offense or defense . Big, Big, win for GHS, Let us ponder, a weight- disadvantaged hires an age disadvantaged, and a hair diadvantaged, and this is going to turn a win disadvantaged team into the playoffs?

Do you ever have anything positive to say at all? Out of the four posts I was able to find, on three of them you bashed metro coaches and on one you bashed a Wilson Co. team. I am sure that if I had the same character as you I could find something negative to say about your precious Green Wave but I wont.

wip, i wouldnt get too worked up over the lilal. he just has banjo envy.