TSWA All-State Soccer Team

mjuhb

QUOTE(mjuhb @ Jan 23 2007 - 09:18 PM) 826343033[/snapback]

well theirs a new coaches association(http://www.dbsoccer.org/TSCA/TSCA.htm) but it didn't into effect until the 1st of this month and the ballots weren't due until january 5th

the girl on my team that got all state wouldn't have known unless i told her mother

That's funny and sad at the same time. Our girls wouldn't have known this year if it hadn't been for this message board. We weren't aware the assoc. had changed. Maybe they will get it out faster next year.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(futbolfan7 @ Jan 23 2007 - 09:28 PM) 826343053[/snapback]

That's funny and sad at the same time. Our girls wouldn't have known this year if it hadn't been for this message board. We weren't aware the assoc. had changed. Maybe they will get it out faster next year.

or because its deep into basketball season(which i wish was over so spring soccer could start)that newspapers don't care to reprint it

anyways its a disservice to the kids

QUOTE(ibreakthelaw19 @ Jan 23 2007 - 06:18 PM) 826342874[/snapback]

well seigelplayer or should i say brittany winn....i dont even think you made all state ....and Kacie has never used racial or vulgar words on the field at all....you might wanna recheck your story...and the Pk she missed wouldve tied the PKs and sent it into sudden death PKs...

Haha what you guessing good players on the team now? Um good try but no. If you know winn then you would know she is a tremendous person who wouldn't ever talk about a player/person no matter what. Unlike me or you I suppose. In fact, she has never been on coacht so try again.

Ha your just a comedian. Pretty sure I was standing by you when you were cussing up a storm out there when you were mad about who knows what. Oh, I remember, it was you not getting a foul when you fell over yourself. Being a drama queen with the ref and yelling at him.

Ok, it would have tied the PKs. I'll give you that one. But either way it turns, you sprinting a mile to the ball and missing still cost you the game. No matter which way you want to put it. Whatever makes you feel better.

No, she didn't get all-state, because like you, she was hurt consistently throughout the season which hampered her performance. Now, she still might not have made it but I still don't think you should have made the team. You need a person who is a leader that everyone respects. I don't think you got that when players were mumbling under their breath about you. Hope you do better in Florida.

Obviously scoring goals is not the only criteria used to decide who is a good player. You don't measure defenders and goalies by the amount of goals they score. Strikers are asked to score goals and create chances, so if I was picking strikers I would have to look at goals scored more than anything else. Game winners would also sit high on my list.

QUOTE(Soccer Gypsy @ Jan 26 2007 - 03:48 AM) 826346496[/snapback]

Game winners would also sit high on my list.

I am with you on this one...

I also think choosing defenders or even keepers is hard. Defenders, because there aren't a whole lot of stats for them, and keepers, because unless you watch them play, sometimes the shutouts can come because your defense is so good (no shots + no goals = good keeper stats).

A better way to evaluate keepers would be save percentage. Where the number of saves is divided by the number of shots on goal. THat way an outstanding goalkeeper that plays for a weak team and allows 5 goals on 40 shots on goal still has a 87.5% save percentage. Where a keeper that plays for a better team and only has 8 shots on goal and allows 1 goal has the same 87.5% save percentage.

A way to compare apples to apples a bit better.

QUOTE(kickgrass @ Jan 26 2007 - 03:46 PM) 826347250[/snapback]

A better way to evaluate keepers would be save percentage. Where the number of saves is divided by the number of shots on goal. THat way an outstanding goalkeeper that plays for a weak team and allows 5 goals on 40 shots on goal still has a 87.5% save percentage. Where a keeper that plays for a better team and only has 8 shots on goal and allows 1 goal has the same 87.5% save percentage.

Similar could be said for strikers. It would seem that those who strike within the frame would seem to be a notable stat to keep. For example, if you shot the ball 250 times to score 25 goals and 225 of those shots sprayed the grass behind the goal would you consider that striker better than the striker who only took 50 shots, all on frame and only 20 went in the net?

Seems like regardless of stats, it is the person who comes through in the tough games to be the best striker. And those strikers would be difficult for a sports writer to select, especially since those sports writers have probably seen less than 5% of the players in the state. I would lean towards the coaches, irregardless of the stats.

...then again, that is one opionion of about 498,352 out there.

QUOTE(kickgrass @ Jan 26 2007 - 04:46 PM) 826347250[/snapback]

I like the keeper idea. I'm a great keeper but I still might have a good save percentage because my defense is world class.

I lied. I'm worse than a terrible keeper. If the worst keeper in TN and I were the only ones left, he would keep me alive so he wouldn't be the worst keeper in the world.

QUOTE(Coniglio @ Jan 26 2007 - 11:25 PM) 826347615[/snapback]

I lied. I'm worse than a terrible keeper. If the worst keeper in TN and I were the only ones left, he would keep me alive so he wouldn't be the worst keeper in the world.

I don't know, Conig... your hair might stop 50% of the shots on goal just by itself!

Luckily for you, you don't need good hands to be the awesome runner that you are. Hope to see you this spring.