HICKMAN COUNTY NEW FOOTBALL COACH

mountain mafia

I thought it was bad in Dickson with all the Nepotism and Politics on the boys basketball team, but....watch what is happening in the neighboring county.......or getting ready to happen. One of my buddies who has a son in the Hickman county school system who will be going to the new School in East Hickman read an interesting Article on The NEW Football coach. The Hickman County School System put out a job posting for Head Coach of the New Schools Football team. this was open to the entire Country ( USA ) , they started with 40 Applicants from all over the place and announced today in the county Newspaper they have narrowed it down to 9 applicants. What was so suprising is that out of all the potential out there, 6 of the 9 Applicants are associated with Hickman county by either assistant coaches in the past of the Old Hickman County Bulldog program ( which was a pitiful failure), or somebody associated in the School system of Hickman county ( good ole boy) . Now after all the Failure of the horrible coaching that has embarrased the county for many years, the so called leaders in this County deemed fit to narrow the top 9 down, with 6 of them being in the group of past failures of the old program. To step up and properly coach the New School's Football program, makes me sick........

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mountain Mafia... Concerning your post about East Hickmans new head coaching position I suggest you do a little research before criticizing the present and former Hickman County coaches. Daniels is now the head coach at Creekwood and is in the running for playoffs each year. The same is true for Crabtree who is the head coach at Beech. Murphree is the defensive coordinator at Dickson. Swenson was a finalist for the Moore County job until he withdrew his name. As for any other former or present coaches they all have proven themselves in coaching. The problem for the most part has been lack of support from the county. This is slowly beginning to change. In the last eight years Hickman County has had four different head coaches; proving the reason for the way the program has turned out. You can't build a good football program when a coach isnt given the appropriate time to do so; it will be very hard to get a coach to come to Hickman County considering that they may not be given the time to repair the program. Young coaches who put in the time and have proven their loyalty to Hickman County should be given the opportunity to serve as a head coach........ Carlton Flatt and John Tucker had to start somewhere.

QUOTE(mountain mafia @ Jan 14 2007 - 12:53 PM) 826331612[/snapback]

I thought it was bad in Dickson with all the Nepotism and Politics on the boys basketball team, but....watch what is happening in the neighboring county.......or getting ready to happen. One of my buddies who has a son in the Hickman county school system who will be going to the new School in East Hickman read an interesting Article on The NEW Football coach. The Hickman County School System put out a job posting for Head Coach of the New Schools Football team. this was open to the entire Country ( USA ) , they started with 40 Applicants from all over the place and announced today in the county Newspaper they have narrowed it down to 9 applicants. What was so suprising is that out of all the potential out there, 6 of the 9 Applicants are associated with Hickman county by either assistant coaches in the past of the Old Hickman County Bulldog program ( which was a pitiful failure), or somebody associated in the School system of Hickman county ( good ole boy) . Now after all the Failure of the horrible coaching that has embarrased the county for many years, the so called leaders in this County deemed fit to narrow the top 9 down, with 6 of them being in the group of past failures of the old program. To step up and properly coach the New School's Football program, makes me sick........

Uh, different school, different administration, ... Why would you even compare the two?

If you were looking for a coach, would you want a middle TN guy? That might stick around a while? You did notice that some of those that left went to or created winning programs?

As far as the 40 coaches: some were looking for their FIRST experience in coaching, of any kind. Some were using forms letters, sent to everyone on the TSSAA board. Some were looking for big bucks or just wasn't qualified to coach JrPro.

The narrowing down to 9 was easy after all that. The nine finalist are all good folks that know football.

When you learn the whole story, then come back and put your two cents in.

Oh, please, I beg you please, never compare us to Dickson.

QUOTE(cbg @ Jan 16 2007 - 08:12 PM) 826334103[/snapback]

Is it true that Carlton Flatt has spoken with the people in Hickman about being the head football coach? I was told this by a close friend of Coach Flatt.

I just got my Hickman Times and saw the list. With love from Centerville.

QUOTE(tnknights @ Jan 16 2007 - 04:01 PM) 826333980[/snapback]

Uh, different school, different administration, ... Why would you even compare the two?

If you were looking for a coach, would you want a middle TN guy? That might stick around a while? You did notice that some of those that left went to or created winning programs?

As far as the 40 coaches: some were looking for their FIRST experience in coaching, of any kind. Some were using forms letters, sent to everyone on the TSSAA board. Some were looking for big bucks or just wasn't qualified to coach JrPro.

The narrowing down to 9 was easy after all that. The nine finalist are all good folks that know football.

When you learn the whole story, then come back and put your two cents in.

Oh, please, I beg you please, never compare us to Dickson.

lol, yes, PLEASE don't ever do that.

You know what amazes me is that not only is that this stuff happens in every state I am a young coach i am 29 have been a head coach 4 the last 4 years and went to the second round the last two years and i decided i was going to make a move so i resigned before christmas. I did this so that the school would have plenty of time to find a replacement. Every job i have interviewed for i felt great about the interview but it all came down to they hired someone that they knew or somebody they helped out i cannot believe that it actually happens in other places and yes i even applied for the hickman job and never ever heard anything from them

i would have moved and probably stayed

i just wish that people would realize that there are good people out there other than the people they know

Andrew Aldridge