Station Camp Lady Bison

coachh17

I have enjoyed watching the Lady Bison get off to a 13-6 start and a 3-0 start in District 8AA. Coach Jackson has this team playing hard and playing as a team. There are no superstars yet, but the Lady Bison have a balanced offensive attack and play pretty good man to man defense. I think they can win the district and get to the Region. I know they will encounter powerful District 7AA at that point, but I believe this is a program on the rise. Any other opinions on the Lady Bison at this point?

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(coachh17 @ Jan 14 2007 - 09:44 PM) 826332072[/snapback]

I have enjoyed watching the Lady Bison get off to a 13-6 start and a 3-0 start in District 8AA. Coach Jackson has this team playing hard and playing as a team. There are no superstars yet, but the Lady Bison have a balanced offensive attack and play pretty good man to man defense. I think they can win the district and get to the Region. I know they will encounter powerful District 7AA at that point, but I believe this is a program on the rise. Any other opinions on the Lady Bison at this point?

This is definitely a program on the rise and one that will make a big impact in postseasons of the very near future. When you have star studded sophomores, it makes for a very bright future. I do agree with TimBDP, though, that this year will not be their year in the district. They are definitely capable, but I think they will struggle in the postseason atmosphere. A bunch of early district wins have put them in a very good position to grab one of the top two seeds going into the district tournament, and I believe that they will be in the final, however, I think White House will have too much experience and will find an effective way to exploit the interior in a big game. If they get hot, though, I would not ever count them out.

With a solid district finish, they do have the chance to get through the first round of region, as Smith Co. is one-dimensional and Macon Co. has strengths similar to the Lady Bison. All they have to do is get hot and they can beat anybody. On the flipside all they have to do is get cold and they could lose to anybody. Therein lies their weakness that I think will turn into experience and give them a lot of W's through the senior years of their current sophomore stars

QUOTE(smittygk00 @ Jan 14 2007 - 11:37 PM) 826332190[/snapback]

This is definitely a program on the rise and one that will make a big impact in postseasons of the very near future. When you have star studded sophomores, it makes for a very bright future. I do agree with TimBDP, though, that this year will not be their year in the district. They are definitely capable, but I think they will struggle in the postseason atmosphere. A bunch of early district wins have put them in a very good position to grab one of the top two seeds going into the district tournament, and I believe that they will be in the final, however, I think White House will have too much experience and will find an effective way to exploit the interior in a big game. If they get hot, though, I would not ever count them out.

With a solid district finish, they do have the chance to get through the first round of region, as Smith Co. is one-dimensional and Macon Co. has strengths similar to the Lady Bison. All they have to do is get hot and they can beat anybody. On the flipside all they have to do is get cold and they could lose to anybody. Therein lies their weakness that I think will turn into experience and give them a lot of W's through the senior years of their current sophomore stars

I watched this team play a couple of games over the Christmas break and i do think they are on the rise but they arent even close to being in the same league with Upperman but then again there aren't many teams in the state that are. However i do think that they can make some noise in their own district as White House is really the only team that has a chance to beat them i would think. LA and Upperman will be playing for the Region Championship in this region this year but Gallatin has alot of good players in and around that area so the future should be very bright for the programs at Station Camp.

QUOTE(5-Sport Dad @ Jan 15 2007 - 11:04 AM) 826332435[/snapback]

WH isn't very good. Without the posts (and refs, timmy-boy ), they wouldn't have even beat GB. No shooters and most play lazy.

Let's face it, District 8AA is very weak this year.

Good luck to SC. We need at least one good representative.

Well, if GB hadn't hit their 3's, they wouldn't have been anywhere in the game with WH.... This statement is about as ludicrous as saying that WH wouldn't have won without their post players. WH's offense revolves around the post play and it happened to be a good thing Friday night since we weren't hitting from outside. We didn't shoot well from the 3-point line, 0-8, but that didn't hurt us because we had post players to carry the team. A lot of teams have cold shooting nights from outside and Friday night just happened to be ours. I believe GB had a couple players the experienced the same fate from outside. Next time we meet, it might be our 3-point shooters that opens up the game and we won't need our post production. We have several that are very capable of hitting consistently from the 3-point line.

I won't argue the lazy statement though. Kinda disappointed in the lack of hustle from several players. That might be the area that keeps this team from going deep into the playoffs.

This thread ain't about us. However...

We were 'cold,' too, from 3-land (we only hit 3; not THAT big of a deal). If we get 'hot' next time, you may be in big trouble. Plus you had one whistle-happy ref on your side and you're blind if you don't think so. Your agrument that #10 got away with a lot of 'walks' (on the WH thread) won't fly because she wasn't on the floor enough TO travel. She was in foul trouble.

We suffer from the same 'lazy' factor, so at least we agree on one point.

Wait, we may agree on another point, too, but it won't add or take away from W's: Y'alls uniforms are the best in the state, boys AND girls (can you tell I'm a Duke fan?).

Until we meet again, good luck, though.

I've been watching Comcast channel 9 in White House were we rebroadcast the games and it's been running since Saturday afternoon. #10 did indeed have several fouls, the very first of the game as a matter of fact, but she was on the floor quite to get away with 4 or 5 walks. But hey, that's not her fault if the officials don't whistle her for it. It's funny about the foul calls though. My wife was watching the game with me yesterday and she made the comment that it appeared the officials were doing everything they could to help GB win the game. Apparently it just depends on which team you are pulling for as to how you feel the fouls balanced out. I'll have to make an effort the next time I watch the game to see the 1st and 2nd half foul totals. I venture to guess they will be pretty even when all is said and done.

The uni's are starting to grow on me. We don't look much like White House (blue and white) when we come out in those black and blue uniforms. Outside WH fans and players, you may be the only other person I've heard state they like them. You must be a huge Duke fan.

Good luck to the Lady Bobcats as well throughout the remainder of the season. I know one of the players pretty well and certainly hope she does well.

QUOTE(coachh17 @ Jan 17 2007 - 02:51 PM) 826335240[/snapback]

The Lady Bison suffered a non-district loss at home last night to Westmoreland, 40-50. Losses like this indicate that they have not arrived yet and are still in a building phase. As the old adage goes, learn from the loss and move on. Go Bison!!!!!!!!!

I found this score earlier on the internet and it kinda shocked me. I really figured SC would not have much trouble with anyone else on their schedule the way they played @ WH earlier this month. What happened, if you don't mind my asking?

QUOTE(coachh17 @ Jan 17 2007 - 02:51 PM) 826335240[/snapback]

The Lady Bison suffered a non-district loss at home last night to Westmoreland, 40-50. Losses like this indicate that they have not arrived yet and are still in a building phase. As the old adage goes, learn from the loss and move on. Go Bison!!!!!!!!!

a loss like this one hurts their momentum. The district is way down and their lack of any post play or post defense will hurt them.also their point guard play is suspect. they have a freshman point that has given good minutes but is a year away from being able to run the show. coaches jackson and cothran are doing a great job and chemistry is better than ever but their winning depends on hitting threes.

white house will win the district in spite of their chemistry,lack of depth, and suspect perimeter shooting.then all 4 teams will probably lose in the region. i hope not but it may happen.greenbrier is playing hard,portland has had too many injuries,and dca is a year or two from getting back. good luck to all