Patriots @ Colts

QUOTE(texas23 @ Jan 23 2007 - 05:15 PM) 826342821[/snapback]

and that makes it okay? Not really. This is a championship game that kind of stuff lives in an infamous way for teams....when they lose. And they did.

I didnt say it made it ok, but everyone makes mistakes...and Brady did throw an interception to end the game...

You win and lose as a team...One play didnt lose them the game

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(bballer13 @ Jan 24 2007 - 12:55 AM) 826343332[/snapback]

I didnt say it made it ok, but everyone makes mistakes...and Brady did throw an interception to end the game...

You win and lose as a team...One play didnt lose them the game

and caldwell missed two gifts .......

and if one play at the end of the game can win it,,,,as Brady was trying to do,,,,,why can't one play lose it as well?

From the Boston Newspaper:

The Colts defensive backs failed to notice Reche Caldwell [stats] standing all by his lonesome on the right sideline. Even after frantically waving his arms for what seemed like an eternity, Caldwell still wasin a position to make a play, but dropped a pass from Tom Brady [stats].

The play proved costly as the Patriots settled for a field goal and a 31-28 lead with 7:45 remaining. Caldwell accepted full responsibility for not making the play, one of three dropped passes in an excruciating 38-34 defeat.

“The quarterback didn’t see it (right away), then he threw it and I dropped it,” said Caldwell, who finished with four catches for 46 yards. “It was right in my hands. I tried to run before I got the ball, but I took my eyes off the ball when I looked upfield.

“I missed some plays out there that could have helped our team. It wasn’t my best performance, but I have to come back and work harder.”

http://patriots.bostonherald.com/patriots/...81&srvc=art

• 2 weeks later...

QUOTE(dare_2_dream @ Jan 22 2007 - 12:52 AM) 826340671[/snapback]

As a starter, Manning had an 0-3 record against the University of Florida.

Manning goes head to head against a former Gator, will the Gator domination over manning continue?

I wonder if you and Bledsoe could ask Mr Florida gator QB if he would trade a couple of college wins for winning the (real) big one..... I bet he would....

I will tell you what this game proves..... The ex coach of the gators, Mr Spurrier, had a system in place that allowed marginally talented QB's to prosper...But this is the NFL...not college....And Payton is Payton..... and Grossman is , well, gross, man.....

The defense won all year for Da Bears...Unfortunately for Da Bears, the QB on the other side of the ball reads defenses better than all other QB's in the game today...and took what they gave, as Da Bears QB fumbled the ball between his legs and had that deer in the headlite look on the sidelines....

Sorry guys, but you eat crow again....And Manning gets the last laugh...Wonder what Mr Grossman will get from Da Bears????

QUOTE(texas23 @ Jan 24 2007 - 05:59 AM) 826343515[/snapback]

and caldwell missed two gifts .......

and if one play at the end of the game can win it,,,,as Brady was trying to do,,,,,why can't one play lose it as well?

From the Boston Newspaper:

The Colts defensive backs failed to notice Reche Caldwell [stats] standing all by his lonesome on the right sideline. Even after frantically waving his arms for what seemed like an eternity, Caldwell still wasin a position to make a play, but dropped a pass from Tom Brady [stats].

The play proved costly as the Patriots settled for a field goal and a 31-28 lead with 7:45 remaining. Caldwell accepted full responsibility for not making the play, one of three dropped passes in an excruciating 38-34 defeat.

“The quarterback didn’t see it (right away), then he threw it and I dropped it,” said Caldwell, who finished with four catches for 46 yards. “It was right in my hands. I tried to run before I got the ball, but I took my eyes off the ball when I looked upfield.

“I missed some plays out there that could have helped our team. It wasn’t my best performance, but I have to come back and work harder.”

http://patriots.bostonherald.com/patriots/...81&srvc=art

Are there people on here making excuses for the pats?????

Maybe, just maybe, what happened to the Pats was their inability to keep the receivers on their team that did not drop passes....

Poetic justice when Brady threw the last interception, though....All the commentators built him up, here comes the next miracle plays...But no, INT time....Forced the pass....