Patriots @ Colts

Guest dare_2_dream

QUOTE(Grunt @ Jan 16 2007 - 10:48 PM) 826334500[/snapback]

I think this game is less about Manning, and more about Brady.

The guy just wins the big games. He is now 17 - 1 in the

playoffs, I believe, or close to that. Brady knows he can

get it done....Manning hopes he can.

Brady is a winner, bottom line. The guy knows how to win when it matters the most.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(2priceless @ Jan 17 2007 - 10:43 PM) 826335841[/snapback] I really think Peyton is trying to analyze too many scenarios in the playoffs. He needs to just relax and play his game. He is a master at clock control and catching too many players on the field or not enuff. That can rattle even the most experienced teams.

My opinion of Manning for yrs......too mechanical / computerized,

needs to just mix in a little back yard ball once in a while, a little

more reactive rather than proactive. Have some fun.

On paper, the Colts have an edge in receivers, O-line and tight end play. Even their running back duo has stepped up to the challenge. Defensively, the one thing that would have given Peyton a free pass if they lost because they were just plain abysmal, has brought their A game to the last three games and carried the team to victories. That being said, if the defense shows up again today, this will be the first time the blame can be placed squarely on Peyton Manning if he has a bad game. This is the time for the Colts to get things done. Forget that Tom Brady is 12-1 in post season play and that the Patriots are 10-0 in domes......yeah right. Forget that Peyton was stopped by Florida three times seeking championships.....yeah right. There's something to be said about the psyche of a dominating opponent even when they are not as formiddable. Most assuredly, the biggest demons Peyton is fighting today is his own, for there is no demon greater than DOUBT, and to overcome it, your mentor, friends and teammates are your biggest strengths.

Though I may sound like I'm hedging a bet, I will officially go on record that the Colts win by 10 based on strength data by both teams. Yet, if I was putting money on this game.........

I WOULD NOT PUT MONEY ON THIS GAME!

Peyton and Dungys' legacy wiil be written by this game, like it or not. If they win, the sports talk shows will forever annoint Peyton as the premier quarterback of all time and Dungy will exorcise his demons for never taking Tampa Bay to the SuperBowl when his replacement did the next year, which forever has been fed by his same near misses with the Colts.

If they lose, Peyton will be the boy with the silver spoon in his mouth that put himself above his teammates....i.e. commercials, throwing his O-Line under the bus in previous playoff losses and of course, for just being a prima donna Manning, (the visceral press words, not mine).

We can only hope the cross bearing Manning comes out on top but with a team effort and not some magnificent air attack quarterback exposition. That will be the full package. A win by team play with a leader at the helm.