Patriots @ Colts

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Solomon @ Jan 15 2007 - 01:10 PM) 826332606[/snapback]

Manning had never had three bad games in a row. I think he exorcises a lot of demons Sunday.

This is a chance for Manning to change his legacy. He needs this game to silence everyone that says "Peyton can't win the big ones". Right now I have to agree with Dare in the fact that Peyton has a history of letting teams get in his head in big games. He went 34-5 as a starter at Isidore Newman High School, but he never had a State Championship. He went 39-6 at UT, but no National Championship. He's won just about every award you can think of, but he only has one SEC championship ring to show. I think he had a better chance against the Chargers.

QUOTE(montague1 @ Jan 15 2007 - 06:52 PM) 826332991[/snapback]

This is a chance for Manning to change his legacy. He needs this game to silence everyone that says "Peyton can't win the big ones". Right now I have to agree with Dare in the fact that Peyton has a history of letting teams get in his head in big games. He went 34-5 as a starter at Isidore Newman High School, but he never had a State Championship. He went 39-6 at UT, but no National Championship. He's won just about every award you can think of, but he only has one SEC championship ring to show. I think he had a better chance against the Chargers.

I wanted to play the Chargers too, bUt knew NE would pull it off. Peyton proved he could go to NE and get the win this yr. Folk said they wouldn't win the first playoff game. Folk said they wouldn't win the 2nd playoff game.....and now folk say they won't win the AFC championship. Maybe they won't......but they won on the road and they beat 2 teams with outstanding backs. They proved plenty wrong. This isn't all about Peyton.....it is about the rest of the TEAM doing their part. They have stepped up and it isn't all on Manning's shoulders now. That should relax him quite a bit. Personally I like being the underdogs. It seems to be working for them.

AND...win or lose......I will continue to support them. They epitomize class.

QUOTE(fromthetop2 @ Jan 16 2007 - 09:07 PM) 826334199[/snapback] My heart says the Colts, but my brain says Belichick and Brady.

The Patriots are my second favorite pro team (after the Panthers who disappointed so much this year). New England epitomizes the blue collar NFL team. Their payroll is not in the upper half of the league and you can't name most of their players. They are not a lot of big names. They lack speed at receiver and in the secondary, but they know how to win football games, both the players and their coaches. Check to see how many times they are in the bidding for one of the NFL's talented troublemakers. New England is a group of role-players. They do not wear their multiple Super Bowl rings during the season, to indicate that yesterday's honors are not worth much today. They do go onto the field expecting to win. San Diego had the most talented team in the NFL, but you just knew New England would find a way.

Both Brady and Manning faced superb defenses last week, and they had to pay a price. It was offensively ugly. I think it was not so much that they had off days, but that the defensive backs and LB's had the receivers in their hip pockets. I like the Colts, and I think comments about choking and failing to win "the big one" are totally out of place. I remember that St. Louis Cardinals fans often complained that Stan Musial didn't get the big hit or the big homerun in the clutch. Musial replied to that: I drove in a hecuva lot of runs and hit a heckuva lot of homers. Some of them must have been "big." The same applies to Manning. I think Manning is the best QB in pro football and Brady is very nearly his equal.

I think Brady thrives on being down in the 4th. He loves to stage the big comeback. So here is the strategy to beat him.....make sure we are the ones who are behind in the 4th so he is already relaxing on the sidelines. Then we can stage one of those Peyton comebacks where he literally is master of controlling the clock.