1A AP Poll

HoopsterPlaya

QUOTE(THELEGEND @ Jan 16 2007 - 01:39 PM) 826333812[/snapback]

I am talking about how these AP voters vote on name alone.(example- Seth Skogen as a Mr. Basketball candidate). CSAS has been in AA for the past decade while Temple and Grace have been beating Sale Creek for championships.

Temple and Grace have been beating each other to win championships and the bottom line is, CSAS couldn't win the gold ball in Single A or Double A so what are you griping and complaining about. Grace and Temple beat CSAS with far less talent the majority of the time and everyone in the city of Chattanooga knows that except you.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(gofish12 @ Jan 16 2007 - 01:08 PM) 826333769[/snapback]

To get respect you have to earn respect, beat somebody that's any good and then you might get some respect. If I remember correctly Temple beat CSAS by about 30 so let's not even classify the two together right now.

You're right gofish. Respect is earned. CSAS has a chance to start earning some state respect in the next couple of weeks with games against Grace, Howard, E. Ridge & Temple.

They already play the toughest schedule in the region. I do believe CSAS has only lost to state ranked opponents and a 2 pt loss to some team in N. Carolina. Respect should be there but when your coach schedules only the finest competition to get ready for the tourny you're going to take some on the chin. I guess to the casual observer such as yourself it may seem as if they shouldn't be recognized as one of the better teams in the state but I think the tourny will prove different.

QUOTE(Rangerbook06 @ Jan 16 2007 - 02:33 PM) 826333872[/snapback]

They woulda got beat by Temple and/or Grace and got killed in a sub-state game up in Byrdstown or Celina

Rangerbrook and Gofish, you need to check your history before you make stupid assumptions. CSAS NEVER lost to grace prior to the three games last year and the one this year. CSAS split with temple last year and the last time prior to that sent them to to the single a tourny with a double digit loss the year they won the state!! CSAS has an overall winning % over both of those teams. gofish, you can be smug all you want cause temple won't even be mentioned next year!

QUOTE(alexthegr8 @ Jan 16 2007 - 02:46 PM) 826333888[/snapback]

Rangerbrook and Gofish, you need to check your history before you make stupid assumptions. CSAS NEVER lost to grace prior to the three games last year and the one this year. CSAS split with temple last year and the last time prior to that sent them to to the single a tourny with a double digit loss the year they won the state!! CSAS has an overall winning % over both of those teams. gofish, you can be smug all you want cause temple won't even be mentioned next year!

It dosen't matter if you beat Temple by 60 that year. You were in AA! Thats were you belonged... Your argument has about as much relivence as Mitchell saying "if we would have been in 1A last year, we would have won state." Yeah thats probably true. But you know what? They weren't in 1A last year, they were in AA.... So live with it.

Its not a matter of me being smug, but had Temple played CSAS twice each season over the last 6 seasons, Temple would have won that series. This again boils down to the fact that Temple wins with less talent than CSAS year in and year out. I mean how can you sit here and argue this when Temple beat CSAS by 30 at CSAS! I mean you have nothing to support an argument at all!

QUOTE(Rangerbook06 @ Jan 16 2007 - 02:50 PM) 826333892[/snapback]

It dosen't matter if you beat Temple by 60 that year. You were in AA! Thats were you belong... Your argument has about as much relivence as Mitchell saying "if we would have been in 1A last year, we would have won state." Yeah thats probably true. But you know what? They weren't in 1A last year, they were in AA.... So live with it.

You're right Rangerbrook that's why I hesitated to bring it up, not to mention CSAS was one of the smallest double a teams in the state. I just wanted to let you know that you can't say CSAS wouldn't / didn't win against grace or temple and that their days of chattanooga single a supemacy are numbered now that CSAS is playing where they should have been all along.

QUOTE(gofish12 @ Jan 16 2007 - 02:57 PM) 826333896[/snapback]

Its not a matter of me being smug, but had Temple played CSAS twice each season over the last 6 seasons, Temple would have won that series. This again boils down to the fact that Temple wins with less talent than CSAS year in and year out. I mean how can you sit here and argue this when Temple beat CSAS by 30 at CSAS! I mean you have nothing to support an argument at all!

CSAS has won district and regional titles in DOUBLE A in the time period you are referencing plus they played (and beat) teams like Howard, Tyner, and McMinn Central night in and night out. Who did temple play during that time? Temple won one game in a blowout when CSAS was having some team issues and that makes a statement? CSAS has done very well with the talent they've had over the years all while playing a much tougher schedule than temple will ever play.

QUOTE(gofish12 @ Jan 16 2007 - 01:57 PM) 826333896[/snapback]

It's funny how you say that but before last year Grace had never beaten CSAS including two years ago when they played and back in 2001 The year CSAS moved up to double their enrollment had not changed and it still has not changed since they moved back down meaning they should have been in Single A all along. here is another interesting fact for you to digest that same year CSAS moved up to double A they had to compete with numerous school that moved down form triple A including Brainerd who had been to the state the three previous years as a member of AAA, so please tell me how you figure CSAS would have been losing to Grace and Temple the previous 6 years

QUOTE(icecold06 @ Jan 16 2007 - 04:12 PM) 826333952[/snapback]

The year CSAS moved up to double their enrollment had not changed and it still has not changed since they moved back down meaning they should have been in Single A all along.

No. There is no set number for classifacations. Your enrolment can stay the same, yet you can move up. If your enrolment is in the middle third of all the schools, you'll be in AA... Say if you had 510 kids in period 1, and you were in the bottom third of schools, you'd be in 1A. But in period 2, if your enrolment is still 510, but a few schools lose alot of kids, and a few smaller schools join the T$$AA and that happens to bump you up to the middle third, your stuck in AA.

Okay for all of the fans of CSAS. Would you please explain why you want respect from Temple. You can quote all of this stuff about years in the past like Mitchell. If you would look Temple beat Mitchell head to head a few years ago. And this year Temple beat CSAS by a score of 72-22 and that was at CSAS. So why should Temple respect you?