tennessee top 20 prospects list

columbia central

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems like a SEC influence that values skilled players rather than tight ends, o-linemen, and defensive tackles. I could be wrong, but you are sadly seeing that influence reflected in who is considered top high school prospects. Tennessee has a lot of great players in those "other" positions with tons of college potential as well. But here's my question, how do you figure guys who only have 1 offer are the state's top prospects? I would think top "prospects" have several offers which would reflect that they are wanted by several schools. But that's just my logic I guess?

QUOTE(Ntheknow2 @ Jan 19 2007 - 04:16 PM) 826338021[/snapback]

It seems like a SEC influence that values skilled players rather than tight ends, o-linemen, and defensive tackles. I could be wrong, but you are sadly seeing that influence reflected in who is considered top high school prospects. Tennessee has a lot of great players in those "other" positions with tons of college potential as well. But here's my question, how do you figure guys who only have 1 offer are the state's top prospects? I would think top "prospects" have several offers which would reflect that they are wanted by several schools. But that's just my logic I guess?

Last year, the top ranked player was Brandon Warren a TE, and the #2 was OL Jacques McClendon. So I don't believe it's a bias to skill players. Also, on Rivals rankings they have 5 DE's in the top 20 including 2 in the top 4.

Rashad Mason is being courted now by the likes of LSU, UCLA, Tennessee, North Carolina, Michigan, & Louisville. He had a great senior season at Pearl-Cohn as both a DB/WR and was a main reason for the Firebirds success in the playoffs over Polk Co., White House, & Sycamore.

A 6'6 225lbs. kid who can run 4.4 with that much athleticism is rare. He reminds me of a young version of Calvin Johnson (GT's unstoppable receiver the last couple of years).

even if a player has one offer that doesnt mean he is not a top player. i know at least mark fisher should be on here. this not an all state team. all state teams take players from top teams and doesnt even really consider people from bad teams. this is individual talent, no favorites. everyone is deserving thats on this list.

i think that todd campbell wr from franklin is over rated very good or he wouldnt have been offerd by ut but i played aginst him this past year and i didnt what i would expect out of a top 10 prospect 3rd overall reciver i didnt even think he was the teams best player i thought lb/fb #4 i think his name is frohock or something like that that kid can play he is a little under sized for a D1 lb but i wouldnt be surprised if he makes a name for hi self at a small D1 school like mtsu or a western kentucky or smething like that