What happen to jackson county last night

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(onthego @ Jan 17 2007 - 09:49 AM) 826334834[/snapback]

JC got to shoot 10 free throws on a foul that was bull__ _ _ Coach Edwards got thrown out of the game it was the refs thats for sure

well it looked like it was 8 because kerley shot 6 and cassety shot 2 i mean either way i think jackson county just had a bad night but anything can happen so good luck to both teams

First the Carr guys shouldnt be reffing high school basketball, he is TERRIBLE!

2nd, I have never seen a ref give three tech's in 10 secs, looked like quick draw mrgraw out there.

Heres what happened.....

Jackson is up one with 3 or 4 minutes, point guard trys to make a pass out front Clay Co defender ties the ball up, should have been a jump ball(he called two jump balls earlier that no one was touching, and he called a walk on JC and no one had the ball to travel.) The player from CC said that was all ball and held his hands up and got stuck(probably deserved it, player shouldnt get to say anything). Edwards walks toward "Quick Draw" and has his thumbs pointing up and saying jump ball....not yelling or anything-FIRST TECHNICAL! Within 5-10 seconds, Edwards said(NOT YELLED) thats terrible it was a jump ball, thats bull crap(DIDNT CUSS), "Quick Draw" gives him his second and throws him out.

Then he lets the kid that was fouled shot two, was not a shooting foul, and then 6 technical shots, they make 7 of 8 and are up 8 now without a coach!!! Game could have gone either way, the BIG MO was on Clay's side and the tempo was going Clay's way until all that.

Was a great game up until that point. 29-29 at half

CBOMB8 were you on the bench and heard personally what the coach said I mean if you are gonna get on here and tell what happened and blast a ref then I wanna know if you heard the conversation I am sure that the coach just calmly talked to the official and then recieved two techs. I dont think so I dont believe that he nicely approached the official and then got chunked, but hey that is just me. Sounds like coach got caught up in the game and went to far and that is sad when his team had J CO. on the ropes.

QUOTE(geeker @ Jan 17 2007 - 07:44 PM) 826335507[/snapback]

CBOMB8 were you on the bench and heard personally what the coach said I mean if you are gonna get on here and tell what happened and blast a ref then I wanna know if you heard the conversation I am sure that the coach just calmly talked to the official and then recieved two techs. I dont think so I dont believe that he nicely approached the official and then got chunked, but hey that is just me. Sounds like coach got caught up in the game and went to far and that is sad when his team had J CO. on the ropes.

I WAS at the game. I was on the bench. CBOMB8 is just a little off. The coach probably deserved the first T because he stepped onto the floor toward the ref to protest the call (NOT YELLING). He did not scream and yell, as you are implying. The second T came within 2-3 seconds as Coach Edwards questioned the ref as to why he gave the first T. Are coaches not allowed to question the refs concerning certain calls ?

Coach Edwards, in no shape, form or fashion deserved to be ejected from the game. The referee, Tommy Carr, made a bad call and could not take responsibility for it. Unfortunately, he took it out on our coach and inadvertently our team.

By the way, the player DID deserve the T.

CelinaFan I never said that a coach could not question a call in my opinion it is kinda his job. But I dont believe that he would get tossed if he didnt say something. I also do NOT believe that the coach calmly walked on the floor to question a call and not yell. If he deserved the tech then he had to be yellin he is not gonna get a tech just for walking on the floor and and questioning a call. I dont know the ref in question but I dont care how bad he is I dont believe that a ref would toss a coach just to toss him... coach lost his cool and got chunked ....But since you were on the Celina bench I can understand were you would make it seem as if the coach did nothing and the ref was picking on him

QUOTE(CBOMB8 @ Jan 17 2007 - 02:31 PM) 826335049[/snapback]

First the Carr guys shouldnt be reffing high school basketball, he is TERRIBLE!

2nd, I have never seen a ref give three tech's in 10 secs, looked like quick draw mrgraw out there.

Heres what happened.....

Jackson is up one with 3 or 4 minutes, point guard trys to make a pass out front Clay Co defender ties the ball up, should have been a jump ball(he called two jump balls earlier that no one was touching, and he called a walk on JC and no one had the ball to travel.) The player from CC said that was all ball and held his hands up and got stuck(probably deserved it, player shouldnt get to say anything). Edwards walks toward "Quick Draw" and has his thumbs pointing up and saying jump ball....not yelling or anything-FIRST TECHNICAL! Within 5-10 seconds, Edwards said(NOT YELLED) thats terrible it was a jump ball, thats bull crap(DIDNT CUSS), "Quick Draw" gives him his second and throws him out.

Then he lets the kid that was fouled shot two, was not a shooting foul, and then 6 technical shots, they make 7 of 8 and are up 8 now without a coach!!! Game could have gone either way, the BIG MO was on Clay's side and the tempo was going Clay's way until all that.

Was a great game up until that point. 29-29 at half

I was sitting on the bench and the player definitely deserved the foul. However Coach Edwards probably didn't deserve his. I mean he yelled at the ref and told him that he thought the call was "bull" but we all know you hear much worse than that on alot of occasions. The only reason he received the 3rd technical was because he asked for it, literally, he said "give me another one"! I know he was just upset and prolly didn't think the official would actually give it to him but that was the reason for it.

QUOTE(nbabound @ Jan 18 2007 - 05:52 PM) 826336803[/snapback]

I was sitting on the bench and the player definitely deserved the foul. However Coach Edwards probably didn't deserve his. I mean he yelled at the ref and told him that he thought the call was "bull" but we all know you hear much worse than that on alot of occasions. The only reason he received the 3rd technical was because he asked for it, literally, he said "give me another one"! I know he was just upset and prolly didn't think the official would actually give it to him but that was the reason for it.

you are exactly correct, i don't know the ref but i know coach edwards and he is a good guy,but the player got a foul he may not have fouled i don't know but he protested pretty srong and coach rob said thats bull to the ref very direct and he called a T then coach kept talking and said call another one and the ref did.

Well as most of us know if you come out on a ref and tell him what he called was bull you can guess what is coming next. And how does the old saying go "Ask and you shall recieve" well if he asked then it seems like he recieved. What a costly request that was get out the check book.....