CENTENNIAL VS. INDEPENDENCE

CHS 2007

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It happens alot. Players go into a slump and the coach is afraid to rock the boat, or afraid that he will hurt some feeling, etc. I am sure that coaches want to see players come out of the slump by playing them, but most of the time it doesn't happen. And the entire team gets hurt. These players are old enough now that being sat down for a few games til their play gets better is a very good dose of reality. You can't leave talent on the bench and start a lessor player, or better player if they are off. Or just b/c you like someone. Its about business, not friendship, and ultimately its about winning. If I were coach H, I would be looking at who is going to make it the easiest for me to win, and it looks like he hasn't done that.

QUOTE(jbushrat @ Jan 20 2007 - 04:38 PM) 826339204[/snapback]

It happens alot. Players go into a slump and the coach is afraid to rock the boat, or afraid that he will hurt some feeling, etc. I am sure that coaches want to see players come out of the slump by playing them, but most of the time it doesn't happen. And the entire team gets hurt. These players are old enough now that being sat down for a few games til their play gets better is a very good dose of reality. You can't leave talent on the bench and start a lessor player, or better player if they are off. Or just b/c you like someone. Its about business, not friendship, and ultimately its about winning. If I were coach H, I would be looking at who is going to make it the easiest for me to win, and it looks like he hasn't done that.

Well, TK has had 2 pretty good shooting performances, and against Centennial, which has had some bad history against sharp-shooting teams, I personally think the switch should be made here. Especially since TK is a buddy of mine from freshman year at CHS at I just want to give him a hard time.

Kevin Bull scored 2 points at Hickman he wasnt in the score sheet for who knows why but he did score. Austin Ray came in and did other things that the scoring sheet doesnt show like rebounds and charges. Ive watched Indy play a couple times this year and it seems their bench does alot more than people think..things that are overlooked by the common basketball fan.

CHS wins by 32? Very impressive should be a great game on Tuesday!

QUOTE(RRaptors03 @ Jan 20 2007 - 06:44 PM) 826339316[/snapback]

Kevin Bull scored 2 points at Hickman he wasnt in the score sheet for who knows why but he did score. Austin Ray came in and did other things that the scoring sheet doesnt show like rebounds and charges. Ive watched Indy play a couple times this year and it seems their bench does alot more than people think..things that are overlooked by the common basketball fan.

CHS wins by 32? Very impressive should be a great game on Tuesday!

I think you're right here. Bull puts up some good "D". Austin ray has been playing great this year on defense & offense. He can shoot some 3's, but rarely does. several of Indy's players I know to and remember some of them playing fresh ball at CHS. And some go back as far as Heritage. From the couple of games I've seen, the bench (some of them) can come in and do alot. We're counting down til Tuesday. C-C-CHS!

QUOTE(chspridecougar08 @ Jan 20 2007 - 09:27 PM) 826339437[/snapback]

I think you're right here. Bull puts up some good "D". Austin ray has been playing great this year on defense & offense. He can shoot some 3's, but rarely does. several of Indy's players I know to and remember some of them playing fresh ball at CHS. And some go back as far as Heritage. From the couple of games I've seen, the bench (some of them) can come in and do alot. We're counting down til Tuesday. C-C-CHS!

The bench is inconsistent at best. TK can put up some numbers, but Indy seems to rely on their starting 5 for much of their production. That injury to Luda definitely cost Indy some of their depth.

Am I seeing that Brentwood score right? 32 points??? Wow! That reminds me when I was there and guys like Bryce, Shekeb, and Konrad were tearing it up. Indy is no slouch, they play some serious ball and have a lot of dangerous kids in that lineup. It should be a close game all night long and hopefully the old alma-mater will pull it out.

QUOTE(CHS 2007 @ Jan 20 2007 - 04:53 PM) 826339221[/snapback]

Well, TK has had 2 pretty good shooting performances, and against Centennial, which has had some bad history against sharp-shooting teams, I personally think the switch should be made here. Especially since TK is a buddy of mine from freshman year at CHS at I just want to give him a hard time.

i thought brentwood was a pretty good sharp-shooting team but centennial manhandled them

i still see chs coming out on top regardless of what those stupid bigones say

QUOTE(zoosee12 @ Jan 21 2007 - 08:14 PM) 826340326[/snapback]

i thought brentwood was a pretty good sharp-shooting team but centennial manhandled them

i still see chs coming out on top regardless of what those stupid bigones say

I was justing saying Centennial has had a hard time this year against those teams and you never know when it might happen again. But that being said, I'll add this. Although Brentwood has cooled off, the one thing that I noticed Friday and Tuesday was the improved outside defense. Everyone talks about Bug and Drew inside, but watching them these last few games it's been pretty impressive. We're playing alot more aggressive and we're doing a great job of shutting down the passing lanes, but at the same time, we're not picking up that many fouls. Overall, the Cougars have drawn less fouls since the new year started than any other team in the region and have allowed the 3rd least shots. Pretty impressive.

...and yes I did check those stats

QUOTE(CHS 2007 @ Jan 21 2007 - 09:57 PM) 826340506[/snapback]

I was justing saying Centennial has had a hard time this year against those teams and you never know when it might happen again. But that being said, I'll add this. Although Brentwood has cooled off, the one thing that I noticed Friday and Tuesday was the improved outside defense. Everyone talks about Bug and Drew inside, but watching them these last few games it's been pretty impressive. We're playing alot more aggressive and we're doing a great job of shutting down the passing lanes, but at the same time, we're not picking up that many fouls. Overall, the Cougars have drawn less fouls since the new year started than any other team in the region and have allowed the 3rd least shots. Pretty impressive.

...and yes I did check those stats

And you did this on your Saturday night im sure. Ihs by 14.