CENTENNIAL VS. INDEPENDENCE

CHS 2007

QUOTE(CHS 2007 @ Jan 22 2007 - 10:00 AM) 826340921[/snapback]

And yet, still under the radar.

This should be the last game 'under the radar' for the Cougars. 'In the spotlight' sounds more appropriate if they take care of Indy tomorrow night, which I believe they will do. District fans should make an effort to see this huge game....winner moves to a solid #2 in the district.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(CHS 2007 @ Jan 22 2007 - 10:46 AM) 826340983[/snapback]

Let's think hypothetically for a second. Say Centennial beats Indy by 10+ points, which I honestly think will happen. Could they possibly get by Franklin?

'Get by' as in win the district or 'get by' in regards to head to head matchup? At this point, I don't see Franklin losing the #1 spot in the district, although I could see a Cougar head to head victory at Franklin on February 9th. CHS could go into that February 9th game with a 15 game winning streak! Franklin might have peaked a little too soon. They were playing lights out before the last two games. CHS appears to be the team to watch heading into tournament time. A win tomorrow night just keeps the train rolling, a loss would be a definite setback in regards to momentum and seeding.

QUOTE(NashvilleHSfan @ Jan 22 2007 - 11:03 AM) 826341007[/snapback]

'Get by' as in win the district or 'get by' in regards to head to head matchup? At this point, I don't see Franklin losing the #1 spot in the district, although I could see a Cougar head to head victory at Franklin on February 9th. CHS could go into that February 9th game with a 15 game winning streak! Franklin might have peaked a little too soon. They were playing lights out before the last two games. CHS appears to be the team to watch heading into tournament time. A win tomorrow night just keeps the train rolling, a loss would be a definite setback in regards to momentum and seeding.

Get by as in win.

QUOTE(zoosee12 @ Jan 23 2007 - 10:31 AM) 826342278[/snapback]

no quality win???

not only the brentwood games but also add in lavergne in the beech tourny

i'd say those are quality wins

i'll say chs by 4 as well

but if indy plays like they have been recently, chs in a blowout

Not only that, but how about the one point loss to Pioneer Christian, one of the state's most prestiguous programs and is playing Oak Hill (ranked #1 nationally) tonight.

I really have a good feeling about CHS in this one. I've also noticed the Indy fans have been a little more quiet than usual. If we avoid what happened after the last time we beat Brentwood (barely beat Page) then I think we might see a 10+ victory for Centennial.

....I say this and watch Indy win by 30.

Indy 76

CHS 68

CHS had the lead most of the game, up as high as 17 but Indy came back in the 4th for the win. Tough game, both teams played really hard, but Indy showed they can play with the "red-hot" CHS team and showed they aren't just all hype. CHS, you guys are for real, all the best to you on the rest of the season.