Privates Recruiting? Tennessean Article on David Lipscomb Women's

Morton

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Baldie...you must be s...t...u...p...i...d...stupid if you think he can name 2 programs.

/laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

QUOTE(VolunteerGeneral @ Mar 22 2007 - 10:44 PM) 826420786[/snapback]Baldie...you must be s...t...u...p...i...d...stupid if you think he can name 2 programs.

/laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Well uh... temple won state this year and bailed... oh wait... they didn't win state, they got blasted by a team that didn't win state......

well FCS got to state and their who team quite... oh wait... they will be ranked top 5 next year....

JCS WON STATE so their team must be gone.... no.... they still have it there

Goodpasture won a 1A title and they... are now competing for a 2A title.

Same Goes for CPA, Ezell Harding, DCA, and Boyd Buchanan if i remember.....

well... i think we all know about Brentwood. Once they won a state title they just fell apart at the seams..

QUOTE(MPHSTIGERS87 @ Mar 22 2007 - 07:59 PM) 826420595[/snapback]EXACTLY. Privates are notorious for doing that. When it goes bad everyone bails. Then the rebuilding takes effect when new "transfers" come in.

In all fairness there are 2-3 kids transferring out and about half of the coaches leaving. Most of the starters are seniors so they are graduating. I've kidded them about "rats leaving the sinking ship" but it's really a small number. Of course in a year when they are decimated by graduation those 2 or 3 will really hurt

QUOTE(MPHSTIGERS87 @ Mar 23 2007 - 07:53 AM) 826420876[/snapback]There are privates in this area that has in some form or fashion lost students because the athletic program was not as good as they were promised. As far as naming schools I'm not going to call them out. Sorry.

When has that ever stopped you before? You won't name the programs because again you have no facts.

QUOTE(MPHSTIGERS87 @ Mar 23 2007 - 07:53 AM) 826420876[/snapback]There are privates in this area that has in some form or fashion lost students because the athletic program was not as good as they were promised. As far as naming schools I'm not going to call them out. Sorry.

/laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> Rrrrrriiiiigggggghhhhhhtttttttt! /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

QUOTE(Bighurt @ Mar 23 2007 - 07:12 AM) 826420889[/snapback]When has that ever stopped you before? You won't name the programs because again you have no facts.

Ding Ding Ding ... WINNER!!! /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

QUOTE(Bighurt @ Mar 23 2007 - 08:12 AM) 826420889[/snapback]When has that ever stopped you before? You won't name the programs because again you have no facts.

Sorry you can say what you want be we all know what happens.

QUOTE(tnsddeveloper @ Mar 23 2007 - 08:57 AM) 826420922[/snapback]/laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> Rrrrrriiiiigggggghhhhhhtttttttt! /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

You too. Everybody knows the private tricks

QUOTE(FCSprideatUT @ Mar 23 2007 - 12:02 PM) 826421027[/snapback]Ding Ding Ding ... WINNER!!! /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

I know who they are and so does everybody in public schools around here know.

QUOTE(MPHSTIGERS87 @ Mar 22 2007 - 06:59 PM) 826420595[/snapback]EXACTLY. Privates are notorious for doing that. When it goes bad everyone bails. Then the rebuilding takes effect when new "transfers" come in.

"Notorious" would indicate that there must both a large number and names that all of us will readily recognize. So, please, share with us at least some of these incidences of "everyone" bailing. They must be on the tip of your tongue because, after all, they are notorious.

Does the word "hyperbolic" mean anything to you?

Ok, Ok, Ok, Ill be the bigger man here. I think "Notorious" was a bit much and I'm sorry. It just disturbs me how an institution can go from nothing to a state contender to nothing again, but wait 12 "transfer" are coming in the following year to make them a contender again. Is it me or does that sound funny? As far as privates notorious for it, any private could do this. Like I asked before, has anyone ever heard of a 1A public school getting 12 "transfers" in one year.