Best Player in Greene County

tlb

QUOTE(CycloneFan @ Jan 18 2007 - 07:16 PM) 826336834[/snapback]

Hey DickV:

Who is looking at Glory, D1wise? Where does she want to go?

South Greene has two good posts in Crum and Clevenger. Should be a good matchup tommorrow night at Elizabethton. Which teams' posts will outscore the other?

I wouldn't be suprised to see her in orange & white in two years. But I have heard several SEC schools were looking at her.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(CycloneFan @ Jan 18 2007 - 07:16 PM) 826336834[/snapback]

Hey DickV:

Who is looking at Glory, D1wise? Where does she want to go?

South Greene has two good posts in Crum and Clevenger. Should be a good matchup tommorrow night at Elizabethton. Which teams' posts will outscore the other?

Knoxville News Sentinel reported a few weeks ago that one of her parents wants her to go to Tennessee and the other wants her to go to LSU. I am not sure how much interest there is but judging from her style of play she could be an asset at either place.

I never said anything about thinking GHS will be the only one to go to state. I go to GHS, so I want at least our girls (hopefully boys and girls) to go to state since I didn't get to see them in previous years.

And let me remind you, Glory and Dupree are both well over six feet tall, as opposed to Clevenger, who at most is 6 even. (i think). Plus, Glory and Dupree are playing for a private school, whereas Clevenger is playing for a small public school.

But back to the original question: The best player in the county outside of GHS.

I believe most will agree that Deans wins for overall best, with Dickson being the next best GHS player.

QUOTE(barb @ Jan 18 2007 - 10:59 AM) 826336219[/snapback]

So you are basing this assessment on average ppg? How are the rest of the stats...assists...blocked shots...rebounds?

You do realize that the "Webb is bad enough" statement makes it sound like you are putting Cleavenger and South Greene at the same level as Faith and Glory and Webb. I don't doubt Cleavenger and SG have a very talented team this year and no doubt they would give Greeneville all they could handle but I would be careful comparing them to the #1 DII team in the state.

In addition to Webb, Greeneville has played a lot of tough teams this year and their only 3 losses have come to Nationally ranked Lexington Catholic and Cleveland and the defending AAA state champion Wilson Central.If you want an assessment of the talent then try to stay on topic and don't shift to the mythical "what ifs" cause they don't exist. It will degenerate to a "who beat who by how much" comparison and with the IMAC and Watauga conferences as weak as they are that wouldn't be a fair assessment.

I really enjoy reading your posts on a weekly basis and yeah your right about be careful about comparing South Greene to Webb and Wilson Central this year but in the next couple of years everybody better tighten up your shoe laces because the "Lady Rebels are on the rebound" and you all are saying Crum and Clevenager are the power on South Greene's ball club you might want to come to a few more game because you take out the young ones and they are pretty much done. Yeah they may be getting the points but you better take a look at who is getting them the ball and making their points possible and which ones that are coming up with the steals and creating all their buckets.

QUOTE(volunteerfan23 @ Jan 19 2007 - 07:14 AM) 826337330[/snapback]

Knoxville News Sentinel reported a few weeks ago that one of her parents wants her to go to Tennessee and the other wants her to go to LSU. I am not sure how much interest there is but judging from her style of play she could be an asset at either place.

I've seen her play several times in high shool games but mainly in AAU. I think this kid will be able to right her own ticket to any school she wants.

QUOTE(tlb @ Jan 19 2007 - 07:37 AM) 826337342[/snapback]

I never said anything about thinking GHS will be the only one to go to state. I go to GHS, so I want at least our girls (hopefully boys and girls) to go to state since I didn't get to see them in previous years.

And let me remind you, Glory and Dupree are both well over six feet tall, as opposed to Clevenger, who at most is 6 even. (i think). Plus, Glory and Dupree are playing for a private school, whereas Clevenger is playing for a small public school.

But back to the original question: The best player in the county outside of GHS.

I believe most will agree that Deans wins for overall best, with Dickson being the next best GHS player.

Height has nothing to do with it. Look at Cait McMahan, programs have her listed at 5'4''. I think that is very generous also. I never said Clevenger isn't a good ball player. I'm simply stating she is no Glory Johnson.

QUOTE(tlb @ Jan 19 2007 - 06:37 AM) 826337342[/snapback]

Enough with all of this. I am hearing that Deans is the best player, but you rarely heard her name until recently. For this quote unquote best player, I am sure she has been offered a basketball scholarship to a top 25 college team. Dickson's family should be encouraging her to follow Burkey, so she is able to play with players of her caliber and with a coach willing to develop her skills!!!!

QUOTE(greenevillefan91 @ Jan 27 2007 - 01:16 AM) 826347791[/snapback]

Enough with all of this. I am hearing that Deans is the best player, but you rarely heard her name until recently. For this quote unquote best player, I am sure she has been offered a basketball scholarship to a top 25 college team. Dickson's family should be encouraging her to follow Burkey, so she is able to play with players of her caliber and with a coach willing to develop her skills!!!!

What is your problem with Deans...you proclaim yourself a Greeneville fan. Have you not seen her play? As far a Dickson goes, there are more things involved in raising a kid than basketball. Not everyone finds it so important they will uproot their family for it. Nicole will still get her ride to college right where she is and Ashley too.Remember to get a scholarship at a "top 25" school, you have to be among the country's elite...not just the best in Greene County.

QUOTE(greenevillefan91 @ Jan 27 2007 - 01:16 AM) 826347791[/snapback]

You have to be joking? What a moron. Deans by far is what makes this team go. Last year she was coming back from a knee injury. I think that Nicole's mother is not that stupid to uproot and move her daughter. What are you talking about a coach willing to develop her skills? You must be some smart parent or student if you think this coaching staff doesn't work with the players. This years team is 21-3. Give me a break. Go join the rest of your buddies that are not happy. There would be just a few of you.

QUOTE(greenevillefan @ Jan 27 2007 - 10:42 AM) 826348038[/snapback]

You have to be joking? What a moron. Deans by far is what makes this team go. Last year she was coming back from a knee injury. I think that Nicole's mother is not that stupid to uproot and move her daughter. What are you talking about a coach willing to develop her skills? You must be some smart parent or student if you think this coaching staff doesn't work with the players. This years team is 21-3. Give me a break. Go join the rest of your buddies that are not happy. There would be just a few of you.

Trust me, I have seen much better teams than any team in this district, and much better coaches. If you think this coaching staff is a well-rounded staff, you are deceiving yourself. In my opinion, (and this is my opinion) Greeneville cheated themselves when they made a their coaching decision. How many Division one players did this coaching team develop this year? And as usual if you don't think the way of the majority, it makes you something less, come on you are the joke. People are entitled to their opionion and my opinion is that Dean is not the best in Greene County, so you should be the one to get over it. If Nicole's mother decide to uproot Nicole, it would probably be that it is the best decision for whatever reason. Greeneville has seen a lot of great players, but again, in my opionion, Greeneville does not have the ability to make the girls stand out!

Just the ability to win a lot of games, play as a team, and show discipline is what the current team has accomplished under this coaching staff. In response to gf91 Division one players are not all developed its a biological thing as well. We have a great coaching staff unless you want to bring the F word and getting up and leaving the bench back to Gtown as took place 3 and 4 seasons ago.