Bradley Wins!

timcol

QUOTE(mlsrusty2 @ Jan 19 2007 - 12:58 AM) 826337263[/snapback]

Not to take away from the victory, but Gilbert did a terrible job, and he is usually much more reliable. Watch the tape and see how he was not accurate at all in his calls.

The calls Gilbert missed were the stalling calls on SD he didn't make.

Ru4mocs I'm sorry to take away from your opinion but your wrong Danny missed quite a few calls during every match and they went both ways. I saw many times in which BC wrestlers were just trying to shave the extra points that could have been called on them quite a few during matches like the McCroskey match and few others. The same with Soddy during a few matches to shave points. We were missing a very good 152 pound wrestler and moved down the 160 to wrestle Spain. Than wrestled a JV wrestle at 160 vs Craegan. Yes he stalled and so did a few from BC who tried not to get pinned at 189, 215, and 275. That is what good teams do to win matches, and thats shave points. BC wrestled a very good match they brought their A game. Soddy who I have watched many times this year did not bring the same they wrestled Baylor with. Mental mistakes at 140, 135, and 119 cost SD big time. There are no excuses but I think last year when Soddy won all I heard was the same wait until state, well here's that same response because if they both bring their A games I don't see it as a 10 point difference, nor do I say Soddy wins. Last night the better team won and Danny did a good job on all matches. Good luck to both teams and barring upsets we will see this again when it means putting a new banner in the gyms. Doug

QUOTE(cobrakid8 @ Jan 19 2007 - 07:03 AM) 826337329[/snapback]

Ru4mocs I'm sorry to take away from your opinion but your wrong Danny missed quite a few calls during every match and they went both ways. I saw many times in which BC wrestlers were just trying to shave the extra points that could have been called on them quite a few during matches like the McCroskey match and few others. The same with Soddy during a few matches to shave points. We were missing a very good 152 pound wrestler and moved down the 160 to wrestle Spain. Than wrestled a JV wrestle at 160 vs Craegan. Yes he stalled and so did a few from BC who tried not to get pinned at 189, 215, and 275. That is what good teams do to win matches, and thats shave points. BC wrestled a very good match they brought their A game. Soddy who I have watched many times this year did not bring the same they wrestled Baylor with. Mental mistakes at 140, 135, and 119 cost SD big time. There are no excuses but I think last year when Soddy won all I heard was the same wait until state, well here's that same response because if they both bring their A games I don't see it as a 10 point difference, nor do I say Soddy wins. Last night the better team won and Danny did a good job on all matches. Good luck to both teams and barring upsets we will see this again when it means putting a new banner in the gyms. Doug

|WELL SAID Cobra kid

I don't understand the comment about the three upper weights stalling. They were pinned in the first period. Bradley did however get a stall warning at 103 & 145. I don't beleive they gave up a point though. Question, how many stall points were given up by each team? I don't have that answer, maybe someone could inform all of us who didn't see the match or didn't keep up with it.

So why were you missing the 152? Is he hurt?

I realize thats tough. As well, Bradley could say there HW was only in his 2nd match at Varsity; the 215 1st year kid who came out late several weeks after football was over to give it a try. Thats part of wrestling, you know you need a deep bench this late in the season.

QUOTE(DD4tnvols @ Jan 19 2007 - 07:58 AM) 826337395[/snapback]

So why were you missing the 152? Is he hurt?

I realize thats tough. As well, Bradley could say there HW was only in his 2nd match at Varsity; the 215 1st year kid who came out late several weeks after football was over to give it a try. Thats part of wrestling, you know you need a deep bench this late in the season.

I can't say enough how impressed I am with this win having lost Mang and Sivley. I stand corrected on this one. What a huge reload... Congrats to the Bears - Again, Texas23, BB (even though he did let the cat out the bag a little early), BRickhouse (who is a lttile quiet lately), legman (who probably wants me on the mat for about 30 seconds or so), Knoxdude (who I'm sure is so proud of this redeeming victory, individually and as a team), and to sly (and his confidence that this would happen all along), ect.

• Upvote 1

QUOTE(BillyWhiteShoes @ Jan 19 2007 - 10:59 AM) 826337547[/snapback]

Toney being hurt didnt make that much of a difference. Spain only scored a decision with him out of the lineup, so by only scoring a decision with toney in would make the bears break even, as long as you agree that spain would beat toney. IMHO, i think he would.

Agreed and I think the fill in for SD at 152 did a great job against Spain.

QUOTE(BCrising @ Jan 19 2007 - 05:15 AM) 826337317[/snapback]

I guess I wouldn't like getting all them stalling and fleeing calls either. Danny just tried to keep the matches moving. Wrestling to win will keep those calls off you every time. Wrestling to keep from giving up bonus points will get them from a good ref.

Stalling is in the eye of the beholder!!!!

Is there anyone who can print the TSSAA rule for Stalling? It's the most judgmental call a ref can make.

It seams to be abused by some of the refs.

I rather have a ref keep the matches going than have a match decided on stalling calls. From what I've seen crowds can influence the stall call.

QUOTE(rigger101 @ Jan 19 2007 - 02:31 PM) 826337832[/snapback]

Stalling is in the eye of the beholder!!!!

Is there anyone who can print the TSSAA rule for Stalling? It's the most judgmental call a ref can make.

It seams to be abused by some of the refs.

I rather have a ref keep the matches going than have a match decided on stalling calls. From what I've seen crowds can influence the stall call.

rigger, what do you mean, that doesn't make any sense at all ? Go back over to region 8 and stay out of everyones business.