The Coaches Poll

BayouBear

I've asked this question for several years and still do not have a complete answer.

Who are the voters on the Coaches Poll?

Over the years I have been able to ascertain three voters (2 of which are not High School Head Coaches). The others are still a mystery. It's also hard to understand how Baylor could have been voted #1 over Soddy. The Poll is always preceded by a message that says "poll is primarily a measure of dual meet strength". Since Soddy defeated Baylor earlier in the season I gather the voters either did not know or thought it was a fluke. Kind of like the BCS.

Here's the Tennessee Coaches Poll.

1 - Baylor

2 - Soddy

3 - Father Ryan

3 - Bradley

5 - Ooltewah

6 - McCallie

7 - MBA

8 - CBHS

9 - Franklin

10 - BA

Here's the BBTNBCSLBS Poll

1 - Collins Hill, GA (beat Bradley)

2 - CBHS (They are 25-0 this year)

3 - Bradley (Beat Soddy)

4 - Soddy (Beat Baylor)

5 - Baylor

6 - Franklin

7 - McCallie

8 - Father Ryan

9 - Ooltewah

10- Seymour (The top A-AA school should be ranked somewhere)

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(BayouBear @ Jan 19 2007 - 04:13 PM) 826337960[/snapback]

I've asked this question for several years and still do not have a complete answer.

Over the years I have been able to ascertain three voters (2 of which are not High School Head Coaches). The others are still a mystery. It's also hard to understand how Baylor could have been voted #1 over Soddy. The Poll is always preceded by a message that says "poll is primarily a measure of dual meet strength". Since Soddy defeated Baylor earlier in the season I gather the voters either did not know or thought it was a fluke. Kind of like the BCS.

1 - Baylor

2 - Soddy

3 - Father Ryan

3 - Bradley

5 - Ooltewah

6 - McCallie

7 - MBA

8 - CBHS

9 - Franklin

10 - Seymour (The top A-AA school should be ranked somewhere)

1 - Collins Hill, GA (beat Bradley and Baylor)

3 - Bradley (Beat Soddy)

4 - Soddy (Beat Baylor)

5 - Baylor

6 - Franklin

7 - McCallie

8 - Father Ryan

9 - Ooltewah

10- MBA

Hang on there buckwheat. If my memory serves me, The Irish are the defending A/AA State Champs, and are still the top dog until someone knocks the snot out of them. I ain't saying it won't happen,it just hasn't happened yet.

Congrats to your Bears, kinda surprised me on 2 of the outcomes. Notice your boy wasn't on the front page, what happen WG wouldn't take a check

your best friend

Soms

bcb

I knew beforehand that the recognition of Seymour's greatness would bring the Mean Green fans out.

I'm hoping the Red Raider contingent doesn't file a defamation suit against me because they were 5th. This poll business can be dangerous. Now I know why the voters on the Coaches Poll remain anonymous (if they exist at all).

QUOTE(BayouBear @ Jan 19 2007 - 04:13 PM) 826337960[/snapback]

1 - Baylor

2 - Soddy

3 - Father Ryan

3 - Bradley

5 - Ooltewah

6 - McCallie

7 - MBA

8 - CBHS

9 - Franklin

10 - BA

1 - Collins Hill, GA (beat Bradley and Baylor)

3 - Bradley (Beat Soddy)

4 - Soddy (Beat Baylor)

5 - Baylor

6 - Franklin

7 - McCallie

8 - Father Ryan

9 - Ooltewah

10- Seymour (The top A-AA school should be ranked somewhere)

QUOTE(bear cat brown @ Jan 19 2007 - 04:38 PM) 826337987[/snapback]

Hang on there buckwheat. If my memory serves me, The Irish are the defending A/AA State Champs, and are still the top dog until someone knocks the snot out of them. I ain't saying it won't happen,it just hasn't happened yet.

Congrats to your Bears, kinda surprised me on 2 of the outcomes. Notice your boy wasn't on the front page, what happen WG wouldn't take a check

your best friend

Soms

bcb

Are we sure Collins Hill beat Baylor this year

It makes perfect sense to me that the order of the poll should be Bradley, Soddy, then Baylor, in that order, since Bradley beat Soddy, and Soddy beat Baylor in duel matches . Has CBHS beaten any of these schools? I know that they havent placed as high in some of the tournaments that they attended together. And what is the BBTNBCSLBS Poll. Are you supposed to rank Collins Hill with Tennessee schools?

QUOTE(DAKEKO @ Jan 19 2007 - 05:42 PM) 826338041[/snapback]

It makes perfect sense to me that the order of the poll should be Bradley, Soddy, then Baylor, in that order, since Bradley beat Soddy, and Soddy beat Baylor in duel matches . Has CBHS beaten any of these schools? I know that they havent placed as high in some of the tournaments that they attended together. And what is the BBTNBCSLBS Poll. Are you supposed to rank Collins Hill with Tennessee schools?

Its a joke-B.B TN B.C.S LBS

Bayou Bear,

I vote in the poll and I do not have us that high but thanks. We have not been in any tournaments with Baylor, Bradley or Soddy this year. We placed 2nd at Ryan, 4th at Cape Girardeau, MO, 3rd at Black Horse and won all 5 of our duals at Grissom last weekend. Point to note, and I am speaking for myself here, I do not rate dual results in November and early December as important as January. Yes, Soddy beat Baylor early, but most recent results from tournament would indicate that that result might change if the dual was to happen now. It is no different than college (BCS) polls. I believe, but I am going on memory, that California finished ahead of Tennessee this year in the polls, but UT beat California. Things change, weights drop, wrestlers get injuried, etc. Anyway, we are having a good year and just hope to qualify and compete well at the state duals.

Chris Lewis

CBHS