Dobyns-Bennett wins #2,000

WaCoJaCo

QUOTE(brock20 @ Jan 20 2007 - 12:01 AM) 826338585[/snapback]

That was the most people I have seen at a Central game in like 15 years. Great atmosphere tonight. I wish the Cougars could have delayed DB getting that win tonight but it didn't happen.

Did anyone see the 2 interviews with Throp on the TV tonight? Throp gave a lot of respect to the Cougars and showed a lot of class. He also made sure to ask Rock if he was OK when him and Sylvester took that spill underneath the bucket.

With Sensabaugh back this team is shaping up to be what everyone thought they would be. Are they now that much more talented or better than everyone else? No, it just seems like the other players fit into their role better now that he is there.

Yeah I agree... seeing the interview with Throp on the news tonight made me have more respect for him afterall. Tonights game was full of technicals and bad calls both ways. But a great game to watch up until the 4th quarter; it was DB's game. Congrats again DB on the big win. Hopefully we'll meet again before the season is over.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(hessforprez @ Jan 19 2007 - 11:52 PM) 826338548[/snapback]

Am I the only one to notice how its weird that a certain ref hands out a technical to Central everytime he refs? This would be his 3rd technical to Central this year. I know Central isn't perfect, but come on

Am I the only one to notice how Coty Sensabaugh COMPLETELY shut down Hess tonight in the 2nd half. If I'm not mistaken he only scored off of a couple free throws and maybe 1 basket. Also, Justin Sylvester did a great job on the much bigger and much taller Baker kid.

Great defense tonight by the Indians, especially in the 2nd half. Congratulations on win #2,000. First EVER high school team to do so...

QUOTE(SMyers @ Jan 19 2007 - 10:42 PM) 826338336[/snapback]

LOL I was waiting to see when the comments would start rolling about the misunderstanding after the game, It wasn't Central's coach though. What was up with that?

Congrats DB on the accomplishment. Good game Cougars!

Yeah, I was at home and listening to the game on the radio. They said it was Tony Vaughn and a Central trainer that took the ball. Then a few minutes later they said Vaughn gave the ball back in the hallway. I guess they got a little excited and got the story wrong.

QUOTE(BobSegar @ Jan 20 2007 - 12:28 AM) 826338669[/snapback]

Am I the only one to notice how Coty Sensabaugh COMPLETELY shut down Hess tonight in the 2nd half. If I'm not mistaken he only scored off of a couple free throws and maybe 1 basket. Also, Justin Sylvester did a great job on the much bigger and much taller Baker kid.

Great defense tonight by the Indians, especially in the 2nd half. Congratulations on win #2,000. First EVER high school team to do so...

Coty Sensabaugh totally shut down Hess. He touched the ball once in the 2nd half with a hope of getting a shot off. He missed that shot but was fouled and got his only point of the 2nd half at the Free Throw Line. Other than that, Coty denied him the ball and Hess was not a factor in the game after the half.. and that was big because Central can't win without a big game from Hess. If these teams do end up playing again, that Defensive stratagy will be played for 4 qtrs not just 2.

DB has a week off and then a payback game for the Tennessee High Vikings on the road.

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!

QUOTE(ArtVandalay @ Jan 20 2007 - 01:35 PM) 826339046[/snapback]

Coty Sensabaugh totally shut down Hess. He touched the ball once in the 2nd half with a hope of getting a shot off. He missed that shot but was fouled and got his only point of the 2nd half at the Free Throw Line. Other than that, Coty denied him the ball and Hess was not a factor in the game after the half.. and that was big because Central can't win without a big game from Hess. If these teams do end up playing again, that Defensive stratagy will be played for 4 qtrs not just 2.

DB has a week off and then a payback game for the Tennessee High Vikings on the road.

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!

Nice to see that you are getting back on here Art. Where were you when things were going rough for the Tribe? At least WaCoJaCo was on here making his usual sophomoric comments that nobody found funny. If you are going to get on here and brag about DB and its tradition and how you are a part of it then make sure to be a part of it when things aren't going your way.

And don't think that game against TN High is going to be easy. They are a lot better than me or anyone else thought they would be.

Woooosh!

QUOTE(SMyers @ Jan 19 2007 - 10:42 PM) 826338336[/snapback]

LOL I was waiting to see when the comments would start rolling about the misunderstanding after the game, It wasn't Central's coach though. What was up with that?

Congrats DB on the accomplishment. Good game Cougars!

not sure exactly the "confusion" surrounding the exchanging of the ball but the paper stated that an equipment manager wouldn't part with the ball until the D pricinpal agreed to trade with one of DB's balls! Please...sounds a little amatuerish to me like they are trading baseball cards, but I guess the budget must be tight in Blountville...I would have thought they would have been more than thankfull for the gate they pulled (3000!) and given the ball back on a platter but I guess feelings run deep. I guess the local Wal-Mart was all out of roundballs.

QUOTE(brock20 @ Jan 20 2007 - 02:37 PM) 826339112[/snapback]

Nice to see that you are getting back on here Art. Where were you when things were going rough for the Tribe? At least WaCoJaCo was on here making his usual sophomoric comments that nobody found funny. If you are going to get on here and brag about DB and its tradition and how you are a part of it then make sure to be a part of it when things aren't going your way.

And don't think that game against TN High is going to be easy. They are a lot better than me or anyone else thought they would be.

Woooosh!

Brock20

If I don't recall, w haven't seen much of you except when to brag about a win over the Toppers and to rip Wattad over some comments he made to the JC Press.

I don't think the comment was made that a win over TNHigh was going to be a given. They have actually played probably the most consistent of any team in the conference all year. Just like at Central, it will be a tough environment.

Wooooooooosh!

QUOTE(brock20 @ Jan 20 2007 - 02:37 PM) 826339112[/snapback]

Woooosh!

Are you our real Momma?

Winning at Tn High is never easy... I have been there for wins and losses and I will be there this time too. DB had them beat earlier in the year and let that game get away.. I was there. Whether I am on Coach T or not on Coach T, I am always in the stands. If things are going good or bad, I am there and just like the rest of the Tribe faithful, in full support on the Indians.

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!

QUOTE(maroonandgrey @ Jan 20 2007 - 05:22 PM) 826339187[/snapback]

not sure exactly the "confusion" surrounding the exchanging of the ball but the paper stated that an equipment manager wouldn't part with the ball until the D pricinpal agreed to trade with one of DB's balls! Please...sounds a little amatuerish to me like they are trading baseball cards, but I guess the budget must be tight in Blountville...I would have thought they would have been more than thankfull for the gate they pulled (3000!) and given the ball back on a platter but I guess feelings run deep. I guess the local Wal-Mart was all out of roundballs.

haha yeeeah, I don't really know what to say about that. It was kind of embarrassing. If Central was at DB and we had just won our 2000th ball game, and oh say Wes Moricle or someone like that ran out and took the ball from one of our players I'd be furious. But then again I don't want to disrespect Central, and I don't want to take up for the Indians either. At least they ended up with the ball, either that or it's on ebay!