Best Player in single A

always a dawg

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Matthew Cunningham from Perry County, is a really solid guard that is playing on a really young team. He isn't that flashy and may not play college ball but he has an unbelievable heart and a great understanding of how to score. I'm not real sure how many points he's averaging but I'd say around 20 to 22 a game. His head coach has done an outstanding job helping him mature as well as his team getting better. Good Job!

QUOTE(gofish12 @ Jan 25 2007 - 08:14 AM) 826345002[/snapback]

That my friend is the funniest thing I have heard in a long time! He isn't even the leading scorer on his team. He couldn't even score a point against a team that you said was terrrible just the other day. Seriously dude wake up!

Even though we do not see things eye to eye on football we definitely on the same side on this one. Who in their right mind would think that Carter is the best player in single a?

redbirdfan, I know you got to be joking! UC has no post players worth mentioning. They are all guards. Kevin Copelin of LC has put up 28 and 15 in two meetings between LC and UC. They have NOBODY that can stop him in the paint. The top 4 or 5 players in single A reside in District 14 with MJ Brown, Channin Geanes, Derek Sain, Brandon Springer(he is getting healthy and has come on the last couple of weeks) and Then pick any of the other guards on UC's squad, no posts, GUARDS!!!

QUOTE(wardawg2038 @ Jan 27 2007 - 05:23 PM) 826348439[/snapback]

redbirdfan, I know you got to be joking! UC has no post players worth mentioning. They are all guards. Kevin Copelin of LC has put up 28 and 15 in two meetings between LC and UC. They have NOBODY that can stop him in the paint. The top 4 or 5 players in single A reside in District 14 with MJ Brown, Channin Geanes, Derek Sain, Brandon Springer(he is getting healthy and has come on the last couple of weeks) and Then pick any of the other guards on UC's squad, no posts, GUARDS!!!

If Sisco thought Coplin was a "threat" he has the players to stop him, however Sisco feels all he needs to do is pressure the guys out front and control that part of the game and as we all saw last Tuesday the PRESSURE will get to them.

QUOTE(wardawg2038 @ Jan 27 2007 - 05:23 PM) 826348439[/snapback]

Copelin had prolly 24 of his 28 against uc just on layups that occured because uc didn't rotate on defense.

And by the way..pat polk can d up copelin anytime he feels like it..

QUOTE(Pasture @ Jan 27 2007 - 04:58 PM) 826348351[/snapback]

Even though we do not see things eye to eye on football we definitely on the same side on this one. Who in their right mind would think that Carter is the best player in single a?

Jeremy Cope for hancock co not having a bad year him self he is averag almost 19 points per game around 6 or 7 assist 6or 7 rebounds 3 or 4 stills, he's the only sr. they have had 3 kids quit. He could be averaging more if they would give him the green llight & set more plays for him. I thing he can play with the best of them I would want him on my team any day he wiil do what ever it takes to win he's not jealous he just likes to win somethink they are not doing right now. Hope they can start wining by tournment time.

You guys from UC are wrong if you believe that you have some one to stop Copelin. Last Tuesday the only way he was stopped in the paint was b/c HE missed a shot. Too Big and physical for the Tornadoes post players. You can talk it all you want and even make excuses of him shooting layups, I would be ashamed to say he beat us back on layups that many times,he definitely is not the fastest guy on the squad but his numbers against you guys tell the tale. Anyway I was not dissing UC in any way, I have alot of respect for their squad, who has defeated LC twice so far, but I do not feel they have a post player. That is my opinion from seeing them play against LC twice. I watch Copelin have his way, when we gave him the ball down low, in both games. Good luck, see you guys come tourney time.