UTC state tournament

boomer5

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't like the idea of having kids miss 3 days of school (let alone having to prepare for a substitute for 3 days).

Here's an idea. Have the tournament on the normal Thursday, Friday schedule in the arena. Then, move the medal matches and finals over to the old McClellan gym on Saturday. That would be a nice touch of nostalgia.

CB, I agree with you that the kids don't need to miss days of school, I not a teach so I don't know the struggles of preparing for a sub, and would love to see the medal matches back in McClellan for old time sake. However, do you think eveybody would fit in McClellan with D1 and D2 together? Honest question because I don't know. If so I say that is the idea.

I guess ESPN pays more than the TSSAA though huh?

QUOTE(mhhjnh @ Jan 22 2007 - 09:00 AM) 826340770[/snapback]

However, do you think eveybody would fit in McClellan with D1 and D2 together?

They could stagger the D1 and D2 finals instead of wrestling them at the same time. Lots of folks are only interested in the division in which their team competes and would clear out after they finished. This would also allow all those wrestling junkies to see both the finals.

Great idea Coach Blair.

I would guess that TSSAA don't really care if the wrestlers have to miss three days of school. They sure don't care if the parents have to either miss seeing their children wrestle or miss another days work to see them wrestle, not to mention if you have other children that you have to make arrangements to get someone to keep or bring them with you and then they miss and extra day of school plus the extra expense. I guess we know what’s not important to TSSAA.

Sorry, I just had to vent a little

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements

• Recent Posts

• Hmmmmm……doe dee doe doe….i drove the lawnmower down to practice today…….hmmmm…… we got some new faces………. One can run faster than my lawnmower in fifth gear…… a few will be disappointed come November that they jumped ship and went down to that sewage facility……. You can bet the lawnmower on that. 
    • I don't know what's going on in the town of McMinnville, but I've read this and it's disturbing.  I'm a "player" person, and I want what's best for the player. If a player gets cut off the team because she said the "F word" then good grief. I mean, come on guys. I wish there was a way for the player to transfer to a different program and just play ball. There are a lot of athletes that are stuck because they're in crappy situations regarding their team/coach. This is player just happens to be one them.
    • Won't happen. College coaches will back the coach every time and it cost this young lady her senior season. Looks like the player may be right on this one. School let her  go after one season. This stuff happens more than you think. 
    • “No college is going to offer a scholarship to a player that is kicked off of the team.” For language? I’m not seeing that as a dealbreaker. 
    • Why did the coach get rehired after she was let go as an assistant by the former Warren County coach and the current AD?? Is that accurate?? I am very familiar with situations like this. Suprised lawsuits haven't happend before. If the coach unfairly let the player go, I think she has a shot because it cost her a scholarship. No college is going to offer a scholarship to a player that is kicked off of the team. Not going to happen. There are bad hires like this a bunch and kids are treated unfairly by coaches that can't coach a lick and have super long ropes somehow. Amazing how some of these coaches get hired and keep their job.