Who are "legitimate longshots" to win Single A State?

global98

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(backinthaoc @ Jan 24 2007 - 09:41 PM) 826344677[/snapback]

Let me remind you...CPA isn't Union City...

Who is your team anyway??....Are they a longshot??...

Union City is not the subject of this thread unless they are a longshot.....which you have stated they are not (as far as rankings, expectations, etc.). I have asked for who people thought were teams that might make it and win it by OBVIOUSLY upsetting teams in the tournament to get there and be considered an upset and "legitimate longshot". Let's keep the discussion on people we haven't considered to be contenders unless the unforseen happens! Bring on the tournaments! If you want to tell us how good Union City is over and over again, start your own thread!

QUOTE(global98 @ Jan 24 2007 - 10:58 PM) 826344709[/snapback]

Union City is not the subject of this thread unless they are a longshot.....which you have stated they are not (as far as rankings, expectations, etc.). I have asked for who people thought were teams that might make it and win it by OBVIOUSLY upsetting teams in the tournament to get there and be considered an upset and "legitimate longshot". Let's keep the discussion on people we haven't considered to be contenders unless the unforseen happens! Bring on the tournaments! If you want to tell us how good Union City is over and over again, start your own thread!

Oh..You haven't heard???...There is....

Union City-Lake County-Humboldt..."Random Posts"....Check it out....

Sounds to me like this dude thinks Union City is the team to beat. I will go on RECORD and say that they will be UPSET by a LONGSHOT somewhere down the road. Shoot, they may not even make it out of their district!

Temple and Pickett have chances. Grace has alot of improving to do before then. Middleton could make a run. BUT, if everyone of you agrees, let's just hand that title to Union City. Sure would save alot of LONGSHOTS alot of time!

While I am at it, I am going to vent. This thread illustrates what is wrong with COACHT forums. This started as a legitimate topic but then was diminished by someone who obviously is very biased toward Union City. I coach in Tennessee and would love to be able to discuss topics of this nature and others but it always seems that there are those who want to trun topics into something they are not. Eventually, trash talking occurs and things disintegrate into something that is very counter productive and unwise.

Okay, I feel better. I still vote for having no tournament and just giving UC the title. All in Favor say I!!

QUOTE(tennesseebball @ Jan 25 2007 - 10:10 AM) 826345152[/snapback]

While I am at it, I am going to vent. This thread illustrates what is wrong with COACHT forums. This started as a legitimate topic but then was diminished by someone who obviously is very biased toward Union City. I coach in Tennessee and would love to be able to discuss topics of this nature and others but it always seems that there are those who want to trun topics into something they are not. Eventually, trash talking occurs and things disintegrate into something that is very counter productive and unwise.

Okay, I feel better. I still vote for having no tournament and just giving UC the title. All in Favor say I!!

Hand the ball to UC? Thats a great attitude for a coach to have. And if you think UC might not make it out of the district then maybe you should have them down as a longshot.

QUOTE(crow2006 @ Jan 25 2007 - 11:50 AM) 826345299[/snapback]

Hand the ball to UC? Thats a great attitude for a coach to have. And if you think UC might not make it out of the district then maybe you should have them down as a longshot.

CROW

Could you not tell that I am was speaking "tongue in cheeck?" My post was dripping with sarcasm. I coach in AA so I could care less who wins A.