Who are "legitimate longshots" to win Single A State?

global98

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Global you are a genius. And so is everyone else who thinks they are being brave by saying that someone will beat Union City. How much of a risk are you (tennessee bball) really taking by saying I'll predict someone else will win. That's some good odds you are taking.

Some people on this thing are so retarded. Oh and Global...you did ask who would win even if they are a longshot? Correct? Well I said anyone not named Union City would be a HUGE longshot...so I answered your question and there was no need for discussion.

You didnt ask who people thought would win...you said who were the longshots...

I answered you. And I didn't say no one else could win, I merely stated that anyone besides Union City would be an upset.

And again I state....

Next Question.

QUOTE(global98 @ Jan 24 2007 - 03:17 PM) 826344250[/snapback]

I am not looking for who is in the AP top ten. I don't want to hear about people who are expected to be there. I am looking for teams that have the necessary ingredients to "make a legitimate run" to the state tournament, but have not shown that it is going to happen.

Union City is NOT a part of this topic by your own "admission". Next question!

I went back and started the thread this way and will put it here in case it takes you a while to understand what you read.

QUOTE(triplethreat_00 @ Jan 25 2007 - 03:05 PM) 826345645[/snapback]

Global you are a genius. And so is everyone else who thinks they are being brave by saying that someone will beat Union City. How much of a risk are you (tennessee bball) really taking by saying I'll predict someone else will win. That's some good odds you are taking.

Some people on this thing are so retarded. Oh and Global...you did ask who would win even if they are a longshot? Correct? Well I said anyone not named Union City would be a HUGE longshot...so I answered your question and there was no need for discussion.

You didnt ask who people thought would win...you said who were the longshots...

I answered you. And I didn't say no one else could win, I merely stated that anyone besides Union City would be an upset.

And again I state....

Next Question.

You've stated your opinion (Twice) Now you can answer the "Next Question" on another post. (I would assume you're not going to read this since you've answered the original question and have no other reason to look at this post)

That being said, I think Temple has a good chance of making the state because of their experience and chemistry of their starting five and CSAS because of their gaurd play, quickness, and depth. I think Grace has a good shot simply because they've beat CSAS twice. All three would win their substate game if they make it. To win it all? Anything happens at the state, that's why you play the game

QUOTE(alexthegr8 @ Jan 25 2007 - 04:27 PM) 826345675[/snapback]

You've stated your opinion (Twice) Now you can answer the "Next Question" on another post. (I would assume you're not going to read this since you've answered the original question and have no other reason to look at this post)

That being said, I think Temple has a good chance of making the state because of their experience and chemistry of their starting five and CSAS because of their gaurd play, quickness, and depth. I think Grace has a good shot simply because they've beat CSAS twice. All three would win their substate game if they make it. To win it all? Anything happens at the state, that's why you play the game

Ummm...How can the #2 team in the state be a "legitimate longshot" to make the state tournament.....

I would say they got a great shot at MAKING the state tournament....

QUOTE(global98 @ Jan 24 2007 - 04:17 PM) 826344250[/snapback]

I am not looking for who is in the AP top ten. I don't want to hear about people who are expected to be there. I am looking for teams that have the necessary ingredients to "make a legitimate run" to the state tournament, but have not shown that it is going to happen.

Union City is NOT a part of this topic by your own "admission". Next question!

global98......Which do you want??...A legitimate longshot to MAKE the state tournament as your post asks???...OR....Do you want a legitimate longshot who might WIN the state tournament as your thread is titled???....

And to be perfectly honest there will be NO longshot come out of the West......Write this down Jackson County fan(demondog)...Out of these three teams,Lake County,Humboldt and Union City,two will make the state tournament..Two of these teams(my opinion)Lake County and Union City WILL PLAY for the championship....Any longshot will come out of the Middle or East sections of the state...Temple will be one of the eight teams,but they are no longshot to MAKE the tournament...They are however a longshot to WIN the state tournament.....So...maybe instead of typing down to some of the responders to this thread,make yourself clear....And to tennesseebball...I say "I"...Just hand it over ..That would save some heartache to some of the teams that will have to play Union City...I wonder who you coach in AA.....

I guess what you really want to know is who is going to be the CLOUDLAND of the state tournament this year.....Cloudland being the team that got on a mini-roll at the end of the season and made the tournament with a losing record and thought they might have a chance when they met up with Union City in the first round and Union City beat them just like they were the 10th place team in District 14A....