Mang-watch 2007

BamaGrappler

QUOTE(slowstart @ Jan 27 2007 - 06:38 PM) 826348499[/snapback]

Texas23,

I'm at a loss as to why some people want to ruin kids over teenage mistakes... punish them and continue on!!

I've been amazed how people even try to push to get an 8th or 9th grader in TSSAA or middle school assoc. in trouble over unofficial scrimmage matches that they may have participated in.

I'm glad for Mang and his very supportive Dad!!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i am not a david basher--in fact in my first post i wrote that he is an outstanding talent--i must admit as most of you must do--we do not know all the details of david's or coffee's exact situation---texas you say that it being your car or not would not change your feelings if justice was done--i am just asking was it--lets not include these two wrestlers and for all you that have posted saying they made a mistake and wrestling should not be taken from them--could you tell me what a wrestler would have to do to justify not wrestling --stealing seems to be ok--is armed robbery??--rape???---murder??--yes i know these are extreme---but fellows we already do not allow wrestlers not to compete if they make too many bad grades but i guess you are all right--stealing even though it is wrong is ok

QUOTE(slowstart @ Jan 27 2007 - 06:45 PM) 826348463[/snapback]

I don't understand the statement that Mang didn't stay and face the charges and left the state. Wouldn't leaving the state with charges pending constitute interstate flight to avoid prosceution which I believe is a federal offense. Mr Mang must not have faced any charges or either he was charged and it was adjudicated. Certainly with any criminal charges pending in TN. he wouldn't be able to return to Bradley and wrestle. Assuming Mr Mang has faced the music for his misdeeds then why shouldn't Bradley welcome him back next year....What do you suggest.. that Mr Mang be banished from any further athletic activity and no opportunity to correct his behavior and move forward? This certainly is reminiscence of Mr. Coffey's predicament where a few screamed for his career to end...is this genuine concern that justice be served or just plain envy of some very talented wrestlers that made bad mistakes and might very well learn from their mistakes and be better men for it and move on with their life.

slowstart---i don't know all the details--but the trial has been delayed at least once--and not sure but i think twice until late feb---after wrestling season

QUOTE(slowstart @ Jan 27 2007 - 09:28 PM) 826348600[/snapback]

Stealing even though it is wrong is ok...Get over it...all involved have suffered the consequences and your lip service on here regarding Mang just shows that you are not concerned with justice but whether or not a wrestler is allowed to wrestle... which certainly poses the question whose wrestler or team does this affect that concerns you so!!! At the end of the day Mang wrestles again whether in Tennessee or Alabama and hopefully he has learned from his mistakes and has another opportuntity inspite of selfserving folks like...well if the shoe fits weat it

then slowstart since in your own words srealing is ok--please let me know where you park your car--i am sure you want mind if i steal from you--and i am sure then you will just get over it--the point i am trying to make--what consequences have they suffered??

You hear people talk about how you need to get some of those trouble-maker kids out on the wrestling mat, because that will teach them how to straighten up and teach them discipline and all that good stuff. People says that this sport will help you in the long run. Then why are you trying to get a kid who is troubled and needs to be taught some more discipline kicked from the sport? Just because he was a wrestler previous? What would it lead him to do if he didn't have the sport to occupy his time? I know if I got kicked off the team after a mistake I'd be more likely to go down the wrong road again. Give him a chance. Everyone makes mistakes. Be happy for a successful wrestler even if he has a few blemishes on his record (Criminal not Wrestling record.)

QUOTE(whatruthinking @ Jan 27 2007 - 09:48 PM) 826348625[/snapback]

then slowstart since in your own words srealing is ok--please let me know where you park your car--i am sure you want mind if i steal from you--and i am sure then you will just get over it--the point i am trying to make--what consequences have they suffered??

I never said stealing was ok. Check your post I just responded to your quote. I generally park my car in my garage and I think I'm up to date on the insurance payments...so have at it!!! What consequences have they suffered... Had to leave their home and state not to mention the humiliation suffered for their behavior. What exactly do you recommend as appropriate punishment

Here is what i know, somebody started this thread in a positve light, giving some information that was interesting to those who know this young man is a product of tennessee wrestling. Then some more some congrats type comments and wished him well. No one said he was a hero. Then someone else joined coacht and on their very first post said they did not want to open a can of worms...but really did want to open it. And here we are.

Apparently the legal process has not worked itself to a conclusion as of now. So that would mean some thing along the lines of still innocent,,,,,unless we are waiting for a sentence to be handed down.

In any case, the young man seems to have won a state championship in Alabama. I am very happy to hear that he has.

I wonder what agenda needs to be fulfilled for the rest of this conversation? and why?

QUOTE(ru4mocs @ Jan 28 2007 - 09:55 PM) 826349631[/snapback]

>>In any case, the young man seems to have won a state championship in Alabama. >>

Mang won the Section 1 Championship ......... State is next week.

really was not my point ,,,,but thanks for making it correct......I have no idea how they do things in 'Bama.

QUOTE(texas23 @ Jan 28 2007 - 08:40 PM) 826349691[/snapback]

......I have no idea how they do things in 'Bama.

Bad thing is.....with the administration that we have 'running' things down here, neither do we most of the time.

(We had our own little drama over 6A Section alignments and 're'alignments just hours before the seed meetings/weigh-ins.)