Tennessee High?

TNtnns_07

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have not seen them this year, but I know Montgomery and Jones are outstanding guards. Other than Greeneville, Region 1 AAA is down overall. THS could make the substate, but they are not a dominant team and could fall to Science Hill, Daniel Boone, Sullivan South, Morristown West, and perhaps a few others on a given night. They need to win the District tournament and avoid Greeneville until the Regional title game to make it to the substate. If they get that far, I would see them losing a road substate game.

QUOTE(bucdaddio @ Jan 25 2007 - 01:11 PM) 826345454[/snapback]

Tranum needs to play like a Division 1 signee. So far I haven't seen it. Some games she's not even the best post player on her team.

I think they can win the Big 9. They can't get past Greeneville with just Montgomery and Jones.

Tranum leads the game at times...maybe you havent seen those games..she also is the only one that posts up defensively most games.

QUOTE(Joe222 @ Jan 26 2007 - 08:27 AM) 826346555[/snapback]

Tranum leads the game at times...maybe you havent seen those games..she also is the only one that posts up defensively most games.

At times, against certain teams. Teams with good, strong post players, she struggles some. I'm just saying, if she's playing like a D1 prospect, she wins those battles, too.

I haven't seen it much, yet.

At the D1 level EVERY post is a good post player.

QUOTE(bucdaddio @ Jan 26 2007 - 09:33 AM) 826346661[/snapback]

At times, against certain teams. Teams with good, strong post players, she struggles some. I'm just saying, if she's playing like a D1 prospect, she wins those battles, too.

I haven't seen it much, yet.

At the D1 level EVERY post is a good post player.

So how will she do against Greeneville's Deans and Dickson?

QUOTE(barb @ Jan 26 2007 - 10:45 AM) 826346783[/snapback]

So how will she do against Greeneville's Deans and Dickson?

She has already played against them, it takes the whole team to win a game ...

QUOTE(Joe222 @ Jan 26 2007 - 10:58 AM) 826346805[/snapback]

I guess you didnt see her against Science Hill..Coach Barnwell changed his game to keep her down...

QUOTE(Joe222 @ Jan 26 2007 - 10:59 AM) 826346805[/snapback]

I guess you didnt see her against Science Hill..Coach Barnwell changed his game to keep her down...

I haven't seen her play against anyone...When they played Greeneville, I was at the Greeneville boys game against MoEast...that's why I asked.

QUOTE(Joe222 @ Jan 26 2007 - 10:59 AM) 826346805[/snapback]

Science Hill doesn't have a true post player except MacMillan and she's very up-and-down game-wise. A D1 caliber prospect should dominate the paint against SH, it's their fast-moving shooters that usually win it for them.

Look Joe, I'm not trying to bash Tranum, really I'm not. Obviously S.C. Upstate thinks she has the capabilities. I'm just saying that TN High needs her to play up to her capabilities every game from here on out to secure the Big 9 and take a shot at the Region or beyond.