2007 PREDICTIONS

LEONARDSLOSERS

I think Region 1-3A gets a bad rap, because Region 1-3A and 2-3A are all people in East Tn really know about in 3A. There are some other regions across the state that are not very strong either.

Region 2-3A is very, very strong. There is no doubt about that, but it is incredibly stronger than any other region in the state also. Region 8-3A in Memphis is a joke, absolute joke. Their #1 team gets beat a lot in the first round of the playoffs. Region 6-3A is a joke also. Year in and year out the teams in Region 6-3A couldn't play with any teams in Region 7-3A. Region 3-3A is really weak also.

I believe Region 1-3A gets a bad rap, because it is paired up with one of the toughest regions in the state (2-3A) in any classification. Besides Region 3-4A, no other region can boast as many champions as Region 2-3A can since 2000.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(drseuss @ Feb 1 2007 - 09:35 AM) 826354307[/snapback]

I think Region 1-3A gets a bad rap, because Region 1-3A and 2-3A are all people in East Tn really know about in 3A. There are some other regions across the state that are not very strong either.

Region 2-3A is very, very strong. There is no doubt about that, but it is incredibly stronger than any other region in the state also. Region 8-3A in Memphis is a joke, absolute joke. Their #1 team gets beat a lot in the first round of the playoffs. Region 6-3A is a joke also. Year in and year out the teams in Region 6-3A couldn't play with any teams in Region 7-3A. Region 3-3A is really weak also.

I believe Region 1-3A gets a bad rap, because it is paired up with one of the toughest regions in the state (2-3A) in any classification. Besides Region 3-4A, no other region can boast as many champions as Region 2-3A can since 2000.

drseuss.

Good point. I would venture to say that Big Country (and I would not disagree) would say that Regions 4 & 5-3A are deeper than 1-3A. There is a big drop after Carter in 1-3A. In fact in 05, 2-3A swept 1-3A in the playoff. I know it was LA's migical run. So in 05 there was no difference in playoff performance between Regions 1 & 8 3A. I would also say that the 2 and in some cases 3 seeds from 4, and 5-3A could have hung with Carter the last couple of years. Also, prior to Carter moving to 3A jsut a couple of years ago, that region was really light. 3-3A is also stronger top to bottom w/ND & Meigs Co. ND could certainly give Carter all they wanted & then some, and I would take most Meigs teams over Seym, Gibbs, Rutledge, Claiborne Co. Also with Alcoa's run 2-2A is right in there in terms of runs like those @ 2-3A, and 3-4A. Not just Alcoa either. Loudon w/Hawkins a UT commit, and CAK are moving forward.

Hey ruse?

I would say that Region 2-3A is the best because of the state titles from all of the teams in the region. Since 2001 Fulton has 3, Austin East has 1, & Livingston Academy also has 1. Both Knoxville Catholic & Anderson Co. are also legit contenders year in and year out.

As for Region 1-3A?????? Carter is esteblishing themselves as a Top 10 3A Program year in and year out. Outside of that I can't find a team in the region that I can say that same thing about.

In Regions 4-3A & 5-3A there are several teams that I'd consider to be in the elite status as well. In Region 4 alone you have Pearl Cohn, White House, Greenbrier, Macon Co., & Sycamore who've all had success in the playoffs in recent years. Station Camp is on the rise quickly as they nearly won the region this past year. In Region 5 David Lipscomb sits there as an obvious power who's just came up short the last two years now to Region 2 teams. Outside of that every team in the region has been to the playoffs at least once in the last three years. THERE ARE NO PUSHOVERS IN THIS REGION!!!!!

Region 1-3A may have more success if they were matched up with Region 3-3A or Region 8-3A in the first rounds of the playoffs instead of Region 2-3A I do agree HOWEVER it's a region that from top-to-bottom would never be able to matchup with Regions 4 & 5 in Class 3A.

QUOTE(Old_Highlander_13 @ Feb 1 2007 - 04:29 PM) 826354802[/snapback]

does anyone know hte overall record for teams from region 1 vs region 2?

Playoffs for 05: 4-0 Region 2.

Playoffs for 06: 3-1 Region 2. plus Fulton Def. Carter. Reg Season.

How far back do you want to go? I think 05 was last realignment.

GO to high school football database and find out how many times the teams from region 1 and 2 have played. Of course like showvol said this alignment only happened recently. Other than Gibbs Scott Co. has not had alot of success against region 1 teams. That would be in games played more than just 2 times. It is very obvious that the top two teams the past several years have been Fulton and Catholic. Before that was AE and Fulton. Other than Fulton, Catholic and AE, Region 1 & 2 are pretty much the same. There are not many teams anywhere that can hang with Fulton.

http://www.hsfdatabase.com/

QUOTE(LEONARDSLOSERS @ Feb 1 2007 - 07:25 PM) 826354980[/snapback]

GO to high school football database and find out how many times the teams from region 1 and 2 have played. Of course like showvol said this alignment only happened recently. Other than Gibbs Scott Co. has not had alot of success against region 1 teams. That would be in games played more than just 2 times. It is very obvious that the top two teams the past several years have been Fulton and Catholic. Before that was AE and Fulton. Other than Fulton, Catholic and AE, Region 1 & 2 are pretty much the same. There are not many teams anywhere that can hang with Fulton.

http://www.hsfdatabase.com/

What other teams does Scott play out of 1 other than Gibbs?

This is all time records

Carter vs Anderson Co (0-4) AC

Carter vs Fulton (2-10) Fulton

Carter vs Kingston (1-2) Kingston

Carter vs Knox Catholic (0-2) Knox Catholic

Carter vs Livingston (0-1) LA

Carter vs Scott (1-1) Tie

Carter vs Huntsville (now Scott high) (0-1) huntsville

Carter overall (4-20) Region 2

Gibbs vs Scott (1-5) Scott

Gibbs vs Fulton (0-4) Fulton

Gibbs vs AE (0-4) Austin East

Gibbs vs Knox Catholic (0-1) Catholic

Gibbs vs Kingston (1-3) Kingston

Gibbs vs AC (0-4) AC

Gibbs vs LA (0-0) Never played

Gibbs overall (2-21) Region 2

Seymour vs Scott (0-0) Never played

Seymour vs Fulton (0-5) Fulton

Seymour vs AE (1-2) AE

Seymour vs Knox Catholic (0-0) Never played

Seymour vs Kingston (1-0) Seymour

Seymour vs AC (0-0) Never played

Seymour vs LA (0-0) Never played

Seymour overall (2-7) Region 2

Pigeon Forge vs Scott, Kingston, AC, LA (0-0) never played

Pigeon Forge vs Fulton (0-2) Fulton

Pigeon Forge vs AE (0-2) AE

Pigeon Forge vs Knox catholic (0-2) Catholic

PF overall (0-6) Region 2

Rutledge vs Scott, Kingston, LA, Knox Catholic, (0-0) never played

Rutledge vs Fulton (0-2) fulton

Rutledge vs AE (0-1) AE

Rutledge vs AC (0-1) AC

Rutledge overall (0-4) region 2

Union vs Scott, Fulton, KC, Kingston, LA, (0-0) never played

Union vs AE (0-1) AE

Union vs AC (0-2) AC

Union overall (0-3) Region 2

Claiborne Vs Scott (0-2) Scott

Claiborne Vs Fulton (0-1) fulton

Caliborne vs AE, Kingston, LA, AC never played

Claiborne vs Knox catholic (0-1) KC

Claiborne overall (0-4) Region 2

So lets see thats (8-66) Region 2. Little one sided

Scott vs Region 1 (2-9) Scott

Fulton vs Region 1 (2-22) Fulton

AE vs Region 1 (1-10) AE

KC vs Region 1 (0-5) KC

Kingston vs Region 1 (3-5) Kingston

AC vs Region 1 (0-11) AC

LA vs Region 1 (0-1) LA

Looks like Kingston is the only team that hasent completly dominated against region 1.

I didnt think it was this lopsided but it is,