Obion Co Central

VOREBS

Hey VO, you answered his question by stating the obvious. Playing their district schedule alone shows that they are not playing any podunk schedule. 13AA is loaded. There is no ducking anyone and they all beat up on each other.

QUOTE(VOREBS @ Feb 3 2007 - 07:19 AM) 826356771[/snapback]

Your right OC is a GOOD team, and could be a great team. As for the "extremely easy schedule", you might want to check that. OC's schedule on the strength rankings was #14, and their strenght-success ranking is #2. As for "just saying we have a pretty good team, we now that, but we want the girls to have as much success as they can get, so the players, coaches, and fans will continue to push in that direction. My opinion, for what it's worth, (which I'm sure is not much), when OC plays their game, they are the best team in 13AA. That is not knocking Westview, Milan, Dyersburg, Gibson Co, Crockett Co, or Dyer Co, for this district is loaded with good teams. That is just an opinion.

And as for acting like we are supposed to win a gold ball, is that not what we are all trying to do here???

GO LADY REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(treefitty74 @ Feb 2 2007 - 09:58 AM) 826355774[/snapback]

Sounds me like he was defending the coach we have here....You need to go back in your hole and hide...

Oh...I didn't know you had a daughter involved with the basketball program. I am sorry, I just thought you two were a father-son pair who had nothing better to do than run your mouth and defend a coach who is carring on what the "previous" womens coach did! Really its not carrying on, its "watching" the girls play! I know several parents that could coach that team lots better than he could and they HAVE!

QUOTE(devilfever @ Feb 4 2007 - 10:47 AM) 826357802[/snapback]

Oh...I didn't know you had a daughter involved with the basketball program. I am sorry, I just thought you two were a father-son pair who had nothing better to do than run your mouth and defend a coach who is carring on what the "previous" womens coach did! Really its not carrying on, its "watching" the girls play! I know several parents that could coach that team lots better than he could and they HAVE!

You just wish you were a Lady Rebel.....Or had a daughter that was one....

QUOTE(devilfever @ Feb 4 2007 - 08:47 AM) 826357802[/snapback]

I dont have a daughter involved with the basketball program, but me and few other guys are....so I do know how Coach Suiter is, and he is a good coach...."Carrying on what the previous women's coach did" That comment right there goes to show how dumb you really are.....Spencer Hoffman the two seasons he was at OC had AWESOME teams, and all he could manage was a 26-7 season losing the final three games of the year....losing in the first round of the region.....His next year he went 22-10 and once again failed to bring the Lady Rebels to State or even the Sub-State....losing in the semis of the district and losing in the semis of the region.....BUT...the next year Coach Suiter came....The Lady Rebels finished 28-8(half of that year Jenna Roney was out with a broke foot) Won a district championship, won the sub-state at Memphis Hillcrest, and then went to the State tournament and lost in 2OTs to Austin East.....His next year was probably his best coaching job....They started off slow...had some injuries(Gentry was in a car wreck) but then later in the season they started coming on....In the regions they beat Haywood, upset #1 Westview, and gave North-Side everything they had and lost in overtime....They eventually lost to Hillcrest(who won the AA State Championship over North-Side) in the substate game.......And now to this season....They are 22-3 have been ranked as high as # 2 in the State, and are getting prepared to make another run for another trip to the 'Boro.....I don't understand your dumb comment about carrying on where Hoffman left off......

And to you I'm pretty sure I know who you are, and to bad mouth a coach on here makes you that much less a person....Coach Suiter has a job to do, and that is coaching these girls, but with parents like the ones we have here...its hard to do because they have to have everything their way or someone gets fired....AND that is pathetic....We are winning here, and we are tired of losing our coaches because of dumb parents....Why can't we be like any normal high school, and be able to keep our coaches and not have to worry about parents trying to get rid of them?.....

The Lady Rebels have a big district matchup against Crockett Co on Tuesday at Alamo, and then they finish up with Senior Night on Friday against Fulton Co....I look foward to seeing some big crowds to support our two teams, and hopefully get some wins.....Then the real season starts!!!!

GO LADY REBELS!!!!!!!!

Quote by treefitty74:

And to you I'm pretty sure I know who you are, and to bad mouth a coach on here makes you that much less a person....Coach Suiter has a job to do, and that is coaching these girls, but with parents like the ones we have here...its hard to do because they have to have everything their way or someone gets fired....AND that is pathetic....We are winning here, and we are tired of losing our coaches because of dumb parents....Why can't we be like any normal high school, and be able to keep our coaches and not have to worry about parents trying to get rid of them?.....

Great post....!!

I would begin to look at my schoolboard. If changes there need to be made, you the citizens of Obion County have the right to vote them out of office....

QUOTE(treefitty74 @ Feb 4 2007 - 12:06 PM) 826357937[/snapback]

I dont have a daughter involved with the basketball program, but me and few other guys are....so I do know how Coach Suiter is, and he is a good coach...."Carrying on what the previous women's coach did" That comment right there goes to show how dumb you really are.....Spencer Hoffman the two seasons he was at OC had AWESOME teams, and all he could manage was a 26-7 season losing the final three games of the year....losing in the first round of the region.....His next year he went 22-10 and once again failed to bring the Lady Rebels to State or even the Sub-State....losing in the semis of the district and losing in the semis of the region.....BUT...the next year Coach Suiter came....The Lady Rebels finished 28-8(half of that year Jenna Roney was out with a broke foot) Won a district championship, won the sub-state at Memphis Hillcrest, and then went to the State tournament and lost in 2OTs to Austin East.....His next year was probably his best coaching job....They started off slow...had some injuries(Gentry was in a car wreck) but then later in the season they started coming on....In the regions they beat Haywood, upset #1 Westview, and gave North-Side everything they had and lost in overtime....They eventually lost to Hillcrest(who won the AA State Championship over North-Side) in the substate game.......And now to this season....They are 22-3 have been ranked as high as # 2 in the State, and are getting prepared to make another run for another trip to the 'Boro.....I don't understand your dumb comment about carrying on where Hoffman left off......

The Lady Rebels have a big district matchup against Crockett Co on Tuesday at Alamo, and then they finish up with Senior Night on Friday against Fulton Co....I look foward to seeing some big crowds to support our two teams, and hopefully get some wins.....Then the real season starts!!!!

GO LADY REBELS!!!!!!!!

Thats all!!!

QUOTE(devilfever @ Feb 5 2007 - 11:23 AM) 826359136[/snapback]

Thats all!!!

That's all??...Don't feed me that crap....That was one of the best Lady Rebels teams that we have had here in a long time.....They finished that season 26-4...Expectations very high for a State Tournament and possibly a State Championship run, but get in the district and lose the first game as a #1 seed....But if that wasn't good enough, we lost the consolation game, but since we were the first seed we got to go to the region, but ofcourse we couldn't do anything, and we got embarassed in the FIRST round of the Region....There ya go....One of the best teams....Three games and out....but that would be a great team at South Fulton since your only known for Trey Pearson and softball.....

Hoffman had his teams tournament ready at Game 1, and by the end of the year he had nothing....Suiter comes on at tournament time....When it matters ofcourse....

GO LADY REBELS!!!!!!!!

QUOTE(yellin4rebs @ Jan 31 2007 - 10:56 AM) 826353046[/snapback]

what i mean is that the coach has not made these girls better. they were already good. the junior high coaches gave these girls a great start. they have the hearts of winners and give it their all. i have seen this coach on many occations try to hold them back . he believes in the stalling the ball whether you are ahead or behind. these girls have always played a run and gun offense. lets just say that loosing has been a great adjustment for them. people watch him and think that he is a great coach. well, maybe he just has so much talent that he is doubly blessed. just any any of the girls on the team about his coaching if you really want to know the answer to your questions.

Although you are probably just a bitter parent, I would like to respond to your Suiter-bashing. First of all, if you are even a fan of the whole team, I would think you might try to be supportive of the whole team instead of picking on one…like it or not, your coach is also part of the team. But you say that he “didnt tell them to stall the ball. he is just along for the ride” but then say that “he believes in the stalling the ball whether you are ahead or behind. these girls have always played a run and gun offense.” Which is it? And you say “. just ask any of the girls on the team about his coaching if you really want to know the answer to your questions.” How sad if it is true that they are talking about or questioning his coaching. Again, if this is true, maybe they should be more interested in free-throws, rebounding, and playing basketball. My guess is that some of the parents are not happy, and instead of supporting, they will do what they usually do, cause distractions for a team that needs none. Other responses to your quotes “these girls have always played a run and gun offense. lets just say that loosing has been a great adjustment for them.” Some facts and figures from coacht and previous schedules…In the 3 years before Suiter got there the team averaged 54, 57, and 50 points, the past 3 years 61, 57, and 64…3 years before 12-10 (2-6 in district, 2-1 dist. Tourn, lose first round region), 26-7 (7-3 in district, 1-2 dist. Tourn, lost first round region), 22-10 (5-5 in district, 2-1 dist. Tourn, lost first round region), the past 3 years 28-8 (8-2 in dist, 2-0 dist tourn, 2-1 regional with substate win), 21-13 (7-5 dist, 2-1 dist. Tourn, 2-1 regional, and substate game), 22-3 (currently 7-3 dist) and this year’s postseason is anybody’s guess. My guess is that if everyone around here panicks (like they tried to do last year), might be a tough postseason. Or, everyone could pull for the whole team (not just their little sally) and who knows what might happen. Almost forgot, looked up schedule ranks just for the heck of it. 3 years before (10, 59, 35), 3 years since (23, 1, 12).

Good Luck Lady Rebels!!!!!!!

If we can get back to the matter at hand, OC makes the LONG trip to Crockett Co tonight, to tangle with the always dangerous Lady Cavs. This is a tough gym to play in and Crockett plays well there. Tournaments are about a week away, lets focus on basketball, and see just where the road goes for OC in the next few weeks.

GO LADY REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!