Obion Co Central

VOREBS

QUOTE(yellin4rebs @ Jan 28 2007 - 01:27 AM) 826348981[/snapback]

the coach didnt tell them to stall the ball. he is just along for the ride

Two things:

First, it was a stall if I ever saw one and it about cost him. Dyersburg had multiple chances, due to the stall, to go ahead in the fourth qtr but just couldn't capitalize.

Second, if it wasn't for Jana, they may have never been in the ballgame. This is one team, without a their star player, that will have trouble.........

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Joe Quincy @ Jan 28 2007 - 02:55 PM) 826349346[/snapback]

This is one team, without their star player, that will have trouble.........

Roney is very valuable to Obion but not as much as Kayla Hudson is to Gleason. Obion has freshmen just waiting their chance to play. The game Roney missed Freshman Aubrey Reedy had 18.

[

Second, if it wasn't for Jana, they may have never been in the ballgame. This is one team, without a their star player, that will have trouble.........

You take away any main player from a bb team and all teams may suffer. But The OC Lady Rebels have many good players that can step up as has been seen. And they have bench strength which helps in the absence of one plalyer being out for injury or illness.

QUOTE(GHvolrebel @ Jan 28 2007 - 07:53 PM) 826349627[/snapback]

[

You take away any main player from a bb team and all teams may suffer. But The OC Lady Rebels have many good players that can step up as has been seen. And they have bench strength which helps in the absence of one plalyer being out for injury or illness.

This is so true. Last night North Side had both Delk and Clifft on the bench with 4 fouls in the 3rd quarter. The bench came to the rescue.

QUOTE(Greenfieldfan @ Jan 28 2007 - 03:41 PM) 826349390[/snapback]

Roney is very valuable to Obion but not as much as Kayla Hudson is to Gleason. Obion has freshmen just waiting their chance to play. The game Roney missed Freshman Aubrey Reedy had 18.

Keep on smokin that stuff you're on....

Was Kayla ever mentioned in this thread? If you are saying that the freshman for Obion could carry them, you have lost your mind...maybe in a year or two but not right now.......oh yeah, it's normal for you to post things that you know nothing about.........

Some of these posts are quite comical a little misleading to some degree as well. Let's set the record straight. Dyersburg came out in the 4th quarter of the game in a zone defense. OC had the lead and the opposition playing zone- well DUH!! it would make sense to stand out front with the ball with the other team not putting any pressure on you which is what the Lady Rebs did(as per instructions from the bench by the way ) they basically passed back and forth until the clock dipped under the 5:00 mark or so and forced D'burg to finally go back to the man to man defense. Roney made 14 of 15 free throws for the game and 6-6 in the final qtr. OC didn't attempt many shots from the field in the final quarter and the Lady Trojans had a tough time finding the basket. OC won by eight points 52-44 with Roney leading the way with 28 points. My hats off to Jana for a gutsy performance She took a tough spill in the 2nd half and labored on the ankle the rest of the way. This past weekend will tell the story of how the ankle responds after playing a lot of minutes on it Friday night. Roney also defended the post well against Kayla for most of the evening and racked up rebounds as well. She is one of the toughest young kids you'll ever see and definately makes the players around her better.

Should be a interesting district matchup on Tuesday night vs. Westview at OCCHS.

We welcome our Weakley County brethren with open arms

Get there early -- Tip off is set for 6pm.

QUOTE(Not-so HeavyD @ Jan 28 2007 - 09:25 PM) 826349767[/snapback]

Keep on smokin that stuff you're on....

If you are saying that the freshman for Obion could carry them, you have lost your mind...maybe in a year or two but not right now.......oh yeah, it's normal for you to post things that you know nothing about.........

All I'm going to say is a freshman is carrying Westview on her back, you let Amber go out and Westview wont win another game. Heavy, Obion is still the team to beat and you are scared to death of them. Go crawl under your rock.

QUOTE(Greenfieldfan @ Jan 28 2007 - 03:41 PM) 826349390[/snapback]

But look who they were playing, single A UC........

They lost her against Milan and they fell apart in the third quarter....

QUOTE(Greenfieldfan @ Jan 29 2007 - 07:24 AM) 826349985[/snapback]

All I'm going to say is a freshman is carrying Westview on her back, you let Amber go out and Westview wont win another game. Heavy, Obion is still the team to beat and you are scared to death of them. Go crawl under your rock.

Will you ever learn.............

QUOTE(Greenfieldfan @ Jan 29 2007 - 07:24 AM) 826349985[/snapback]

That rock wouldn't need to be very big anymore.

I think I would be more worried about what is going to happen over there than what is going on in Troy and Martin.....probably a return to the basement of 14A in a few years.

QUOTE(ParisRiverRat @ Jan 29 2007 - 10:44 AM) 826350214[/snapback]

That rock wouldn't need to be very big anymore.

I think I would be more worried about what is going to happen over there than what is going on in Troy and Martin.....probably a return to the basement of 14A in a few years.

I just watched our 4th and 5th grade play this weekend. The Greenfield girls program is as solid as its been in a longtime. Dont be talking about the 14A cellar and Greenfield in the same breath. We have a good thing going in Greenfield.

QUOTE(Greenfieldfan @ Jan 29 2007 - 11:18 AM) 826350257[/snapback]

I just watched our 4th and 5th grade play this weekend. The Greenfield girls program is as solid as its been in a longtime. Dont be talking about the 14A cellar and Greenfield in the same breath. We have a good thing going in Greenfield.

It can't be that good.......or you wouldn't be moving to Gleason.