Oakland in 07

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(2priceless @ Jan 28 2007 - 01:34 PM) 826349261[/snapback]

I will have to take a look during spring practice before I have my say on this topic. We have several question marks at several positions. It will be hard to repace Kaelin Griffith, PJ Polk, Shane Blissard, and Ryan Stell especially.

Lots of SENIOR linemen should mean a lot of holes for the backs to run thru. Adam Elrod, Tony Bowen, Cameron Weldy, Jake Dodd, Shea Swain, Lavagus Jordan, Miles Taylor, Matt Goodman.........close to a TON worth of guys that have worked hard for their shot at greatness during their Sr. year.

QUOTE(2priceless @ Jan 28 2007 - 08:29 PM) 826349561[/snapback]

Who do you see playing Kaelin's spot, sweep? Do you think the Macadoo kid has the same kind of fire and drive as big Griff? Or can Elrod step into it? He has really impressed me.

Only the Jordan kid can match the quickness of 66. Elrod will more than likely be the other tackle with big 78 pushing for a job.

QUOTE(wiseguy @ Jan 28 2007 - 10:30 PM) 826349852[/snapback]

Only the Jordan kid can match the quickness of 66. Elrod will more than likely be the other tackle with big 78 pushing for a job.

Big 78 played in the last two games of the year as nose guard and played very well . He is a big guy at 6' 2in and 295lbs i heard he ran the 40 in 5 sec . He is a powerful pass rusher from what I have seen.

QUOTE(oakland91 @ Jan 29 2007 - 05:00 AM) 826349941[/snapback]

Big 78 played in the last two games of the year as nose guard and played very well . He is a big guy at 6' 2in and 295lbs i heard he ran the 40 in 5 sec . He is a powerful pass rusher from what I have seen.

"Big 78" is Derrick Barrett. He is 6'0'' 270, but does run 5.2 sec 40 yard. Look for Elrod, Barrett, and Mcadoo or Bowen to start on the front. Offensive line wise, all we need is a left tackle, but the competition is going to be tough this year for any position.